Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,650 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] (38470 Views)

Tiwa Savage And Yemi Alade Hug As They Perform Together At Tiwa's Concert / Peter Okoye And Yemi Alade React As DJ Cuppy Acquires A Brand New Ferrari Car / Odunlade Adekola And Yemi Osinbajo Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by daveP(m): 1:21pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ginaz:
Is it my eyes, but wizkid looks dried. What's wrong with him. embarassed oh my wizkid. embarassed
I can't simply blame stress he's flexing... so I'll blame weed taking. he isn't himself again.
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by niceguy7(m): 1:23pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ginaz:
Is it my eyes, but wizkid looks dried. What's wrong with him. embarassed oh my wizkid. embarassed
He is nw frm republic of igbobia..
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by niceguy7(m): 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
Pheals:
A celeb as put it on ! What rubbish is aunty yemi putting on!

Young lady could want to do so lipsrsealed
This is hw our so called celeb tarnish the image of the youth...
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by segebase(m): 1:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
yemi alade clth b lik toto design
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by AntiHater: 1:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
Igboid:
Someone remind me of just one single banger that Wizkid released this year, cause I'm trying so hard to remember one without any success.

Award to him imho is not deserved. African inferiority complex at its peak. So just because he did some minor gig with Chris Brown and Drake, he is now the best musician on the planet, even when both collabo songs are craps.

Nansense.

Stop being a hater, if wizkid doesn't deserve that then who does in that category....i am sure you believe tekno deserves his right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ogun come, are you stil using that your shakabula gun or you have bought ak47? i want to send you to some people, plenty people. Wait first sango pls tell budha to come i want to ask him something, welcome budha pls MTV MAMA who are the people behind it?...! no wonder there are plenty ojoro. Ogun pls follow me go do shoping for gun. It be like say MTV MAMA time don number

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by AntiHater: 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2016
LecciGucci:

Abeg go and sit down.. i refused to be a deluded zombie
Wizkid dont deserve d award...
Even d songs u mention here where he was featured are not popular songs... except ONE DANCE..
Where he didnt even do much... even on d video drake released wizkid is nowhere to be found.
I think muscicians like wizkid and olamide bribe for awards coz everyone kno they are whack yet they still win.
.. YEYE DE SMELL

Which one be deluded zombie for here, somehow someway you find way to chip in a political slogan into this for whatever reason best known to you. I am sure it's out of your hatred for whoever the f.ck it is you hate. Stop being a hater, same people who believe wizkid don't deserve that award believe tekno deserves the 'breakthrough' award. You peopl never cease to disappoint with your bigotry,tribalism and un necessary mere hatred.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by AkinPhysicist: 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
TheMascot:

One dance - Drake and Kyla and wizkid - world no 1 song for 9 weeks

Shabba- wizkid ft trey songs x Chris Brown x French Montana

Soweto baby - dj maphorisa ft wizkid ft dj bucks - song of the year mama across Africa

Ojuelegba - wizkid 12th on billboard 100

Mamacita - wizkid ft tynnie temper

No debating this songs are hits not only in Nigeria but internationally..

That's a super star

grin grin grin Why are you wasting your time replying that Ibo Tribalist - Yorubas have no competition when it comes to music in Nigeria. QUOTE ME ANYWHERE. grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by AkinPhysicist: 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2016
LecciGucci:

Abeg go and sit down.. i refused to be a deluded zombie
Wizkid dont deserve d award...
Even d songs u mention here where he was featured are not popular songs... except ONE DANCE..
Where he didnt even do much... even on d video drake released wizkid is nowhere to be found.
I think muscicians like wizkid and olamide bribe for awards coz everyone kno they are whack yet they still win.
.. YEYE DE SMELL

grin grin grin grin grin Ibos are not happy - you will continue to be the tail while we be the head grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by AkinPhysicist: 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2016
LecciGucci:

NOW U ARE TALKING ABIUT POPULARITY undecidedabeg go sleep joor this is not footbal h always come here to analyse
Patoranking deserved this award.. he beats wizkid handsdown..
He didnt need to feature any international act to produce hits back to back.

Whizkid lines are whack hez known for rapeating lines.
Pato's ANOTHER LEVEL alone trashed wizkid hands down...
I REFUSED TO BE A DELUDED ZOMBIE

grin grin grin grin grin This Ibo boy will commit suicide o! Abeg someborry hold am!! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by AkinPhysicist: 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
IPUNTTOPROFIT:

The only awesome song pato sang was My worman ,my everything ..which was African standard ,all other songs were naija standard frm make am,to money ,to various collaborations he featured ....a one dance ,ojuelegba rmx,mamacita,shabba would always dust those song anytime any day ..home and abroad

And without WANDE COAL - My woman my everything- will be a completely useless song
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by AntiHater: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
back2sender:

Haters from the 5%children of hate from indo-fuckin-nesia republic of ugandan. Why are you soo pained about wizkid success? Because he is an afonja makes you so blind with hate.
I am not an hip hop person but wizkid is the biggest star out of Nigeria of recent. The guy has done well for himself and the country.

You noticed that too? I don't just understand these people, this same sht Happened with;

Olamide vs don jazzy

Wizkid vs linda

Now wizikd at mamas,cos of patoranking

One even said, south Africans were favoured just becos anty linda didn't win personality of the year. He didn't considered the fact that majority of the awards were won by nigerians. I guess because they ain't from his tribe. They can tribalise any shiii

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by TheMascot(m): 2:09pm On Oct 23, 2016
Decale:

Stop writing lies to prove your point
Firstly, ojuelegba never entered billboard hot 100, let alone reaching 12
Mamacita is Tinie's song, not Wizkid's.
Soweto baby didn't win song of the year but best collaboration
Are you done? If yes shut the **** up . If no. Go ** ** your self
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by AkinPhysicist: 2:11pm On Oct 23, 2016
AntiHater:

You noticed that too? I don't just understand these people, this same sht Happened with;

Olamide vs don jazzy

Wizkid vs linda

Now wizikd at mamas,cos of patoranking

One even said, south Africans were favoured just becos anty linda didn't win personality of the year. He didn't considered the fact that majority of the awards were won by nigerians. I guess because they ain't from his tribe. They can tribalise any shiii

grin grin grin grin They can't compete with Yorubas on a level playing field and it pains them. Even the Patoranking that the are shouting his song would have been completely useless without the golden voice of Wande Coal. Ignore them - they are children of hate. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by DavidoArsenal(m): 2:19pm On Oct 23, 2016
Happy for Wizkid but the funny thing is if Wiz had not won, we know how baba would have been making noise about how awards ain't shit and how he doesn't give a f__k grin grin grin
JAYTUNEZ:
Wizkid and Yemi Alade bagged the best act in Africa in both the male and female categories edging out close competitions from AKA, Diamond Platnumz, Patoranking and Tiwa Savage in the case of Yemi Alade who is now the first lady to win the awards back to back (2015&2016).

Patoranking and Tekno are the only other two Nigerians who won an award as Olamide, Ycee, Tiwa Savage, Korede Bello and others miss out despite multiple nominations. Tho Wizkid covered for these bleeps by winning the Artiste of the year award.

See full winners list below ...

BEST LIVE ACT
Cassper Nyovest (South Africa)

BEST GROUP
Sauti Sol (Kenya)

BEST FEMALE
Yemi Alade (Nigeria)

LEGEND AWARD - HUGH MASEKELA

BEST FRANCOPHONE
Serge Beynaud (Ivory Coast)

BEST MALE
Wizkid (Nigeria)

BEST COLLABORATION
Dj Maphorsia ft. Wizkid & Dj Buckz – Soweto Baby

VIDEO OF THE YEAR
“Niquer Ma Vie“ – Youssoupha (Congo) – Director: Antony Abdelli & Jose Eon

PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR
Caster Semenya

BEST HIP HOP
Emtee (South Africa)

BEST BREAKTHROUGH
Tekno (Nigeria)

LISTENER’S CHOICE
Jah Prayzah (Zimbabwe)

BEST INTERNATIONAL ACT
Drake

BEST POP/ALTERNATIVE
Shekinah (South Africa) / Kyle Deutsch (South Africa)

BEST LUSOPHONE ACT
C4 Pedro (Angola) -

SONG OF THE YEAR.
“My Woman, My Everything” – Patoranking feat. Wande Coal (Nigeria)

ARTISTE OF THE YEAR
Wizkid (Nigeria)

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/10/wizkid-and-yemi-alade-show-off-their.html

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Sgwash: 2:23pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ginaz:
Shebi he told you people naa... too much money, buh him no fat!!!
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by DavidoArsenal(m): 2:23pm On Oct 23, 2016
grin grin grin grin
segebase:
yemi alade clth b lik toto design
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by LecciGucci: 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2016
AkinPhysicist:

grin grin grin grin grin This Ibo boy will commit suicide o! Abeg someborry hold am!! grin grin grin grin grin

Everybody who didnt bliv what u bliv is ibo abi?.. undecided

Kid!... grow up i just dropped my own opinion.
Im not u and ur likes dat indulge in shameless e fight.
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by LecciGucci: 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2016
AkinPhysicist:

grin grin grin grin grin Ibos are not happy - you will continue to be the tail while we be the head grin grin grin grin grin grin

undecided
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by LecciGucci: 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
AkinPhysicist:

undecided
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Decale: 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2016
TheMascot:

Are you done? If yes shut the **** up . If no. Go ** ** your self

Kids will always be kids. Go play form a big circle
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by queenitee(f): 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
Pheals:
A celeb as put it on ! What rubbish is aunty yemi putting on!

Young lady could want to do so lipsrsealed
Lol,don't mind her jareh,she thought she looks classy like that
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Kirinwa: 6:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ginaz:

I share same view with you. Its unfortunate that too much money has made him lose himself to wack, conconctions and crack.

He used to be a fine boy but like we agreed he's dried up.
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by krozay(m): 7:19pm On Oct 23, 2016
Igboid:
Someone remind me of just one single banger that Wizkid released this year, cause I'm trying so hard to remember one without any success.

Award to him imho is not deserved. African inferiority complex at its peak. So just because he did some minor gig with Chris Brown and Drake, he is now the best musician on the planet, even when both collabo songs are craps.

Nansense.
this year mama no get meaning wizkid picking best African artiste award without a single hit song year in year out when u have the likes of phyno Badoo even Tekno is better than dat dude mscheeeeew
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by vectoh(m): 7:30pm On Oct 23, 2016
Igboid:

Nansense.
sharap... wen al u listn to is lil-kesh..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by IPUNTTOPROFIT: 11:11am On Oct 24, 2016
krozay:
this year mama no get meaning wizkid picking best African artiste award without a single hit song year in year out when u have the likes of phyno Badoo even Tekno is better than dat dude mscheeeeew
Do u listen to music at all...so its songs like fada fada or shakitibobo or pino pino that is MAMA standard ...I laff u ....no doubt tekno had a good year ,but wizkid is far above him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by Temysteve(m): 11:59am On Oct 24, 2016
LecciGucci:

NOW U ARE TALKING ABIUT POPULARITY undecidedabeg go sleep joor this is not footbal h always come here to analyse
Patoranking deserved this award.. he beats wizkid handsdown..
He didnt need to feature any international act to produce hits back to back.

Whizkid lines are whack hez known for rapeating lines.
Pato's ANOTHER LEVEL alone trashed wizkid hands down...
I REFUSED TO BE A DELUDED ZOMBIE
you already a zombie if you dnt knw, 'BRUNO MARS'' didn't release songs for the past four years yet he's winning awards with his features (even grammy award with daft punk) so what the hell are u talking abt. Wizkid featuring this year alone is far better than an artiste realeasing songs back to back coz all the features are well known worldwide. If you're hating on him, you only wasting ur time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by AkinPhysicist: 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
IPUNTTOPROFIT:

Do u listen to music at all...so its songs like fada fada or shakitibobo or pino pino that is MAMA standard ...I laff u ....no doubt tekno had a good year ,but wizkid is far above him

grin grin grin grin No mind am - comparing tekno to wizkid, the guy must be smoking something. When wizkid was making hits tekno was in his village eating akpu. They might be equal in age but wizzy is babanla won grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by AkinPhysicist: 12:55pm On Oct 24, 2016
LecciGucci:

Everybody who didnt bliv what u bliv is ibo abi?.. undecided

Kid!... grow up i just dropped my own opinion.
Im not u and ur likes dat indulge in shameless e fight.

grin grin grin grin grin e pain am - useless ibo bigot grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] by krozay(m): 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
IPUNTTOPROFIT:

so which hit songs did wizkid release or it is those quack lyrics in all of the songs he was featured in mscheeeew wizkid does not deserve any award in this year mama's but unfortunately he got them check out the year davido won both awards he was on fire releasing hit song back to back and he had successful tours around us and Europe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Harrysong Gives Out His N3.5M Rolex At Real Deal Experience In Aba / Ifu Ennada, Anto, Bambam & Vandora: Who Slayed Best In Traditional Attires? / Neo Akpofure Treats Girlfriend, Vee To A Boat Cruise On Her 25th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.