Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. (2187 Views)

All Humans Share This One Distinct Mental Flaw. / It Will Be Wicked Of Me,if After I Was Exempted From NYSC I Dont Share This / Pictures You Can Relate To If You Attended Government Schools In The 90s. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by Explorers(m): 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
ACA, Integritas.....

Harvest day, dats how we roll, don baff up, we dey expect our wives. St. Louis Girls and Fiwasaye Girls make dem surface 4 d Harvest.

We no fit toast them sa, but just dey bounce up&down, show them wetin you wear.

See the guy boot, the days of folders. Big boy dont carry backpacks then we used folders, Cross trekkers/African champion&Kito....grin

Days of hunting grasshoppers on the field.

Days of ice poki poki, days when you buy #1 ice water, garri, groundnut & sugar. You will untie the water, pour the garri, groundnut, sugar, tie it back, shake together & start sucking.

Days when you will pour gari in your chest pocket, remove the the ink of your BIC biro, remove the head, and start sucking the garri with the biro while lesson is going on. One bigger garri particle can block the pipe.

When we go to school everyday with one cover of takeaway bowl to throw on the field during break.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by Explorers(m): 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by cyojunior1(m): 12:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ha ha ha ha aha. Nt quite born in the 60's but I dnt belong to indomie generation
Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by Djbaka(m): 1:18pm On Oct 23, 2016
Wow... Great to see this ACA picture again.

We were legends on that field with grasshopper hunting. Mr Ologun agba and Taurus made money on our head with 'soak e, garri formula'.

Hehe.. Nostalgia.
Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by Explorers(m): 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2016
Djbaka:
Wow... Great to see this ACA picture again.

We were legends on that field with grasshopper hunting. Mr Ologun agba and Taurus made money on our head with 'soak e, garri formula'.

Hehe.. Nostalgia.

Lol...Can relate with Taurus garri centre. Dont know if youve had about Iya Bola? She sells only rice&beans few meters away?
Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by goldentee(m): 2:30pm On Oct 23, 2016
The good old days. Reminiscing about the whole experience brings back nostalgic memories. The days of one naira ice water with 2 naira Garri and sugar for Taurus, hiding at the corner to eat alone to avoid incuring the wrath of those "tirogo'boys, jumping the fence close to Mr Ologunagba's quarters to go play Mario at home. Can't but remember mama Abusola wey dey sell moimoi for school shop. Those teachers wey sabi punish we the stubborn goats too nko, Oga Holifield, Ori Ikan, Mr Adetoye, Mr Ayeni and a whole lot of them. ACA my Alma mater! ACA we love!!

1 Like

Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by Explorers(m): 2:47pm On Oct 23, 2016
goldentee:
The good old days. Reminiscing about the whole experience brings back nostalgic memories. The days of one naira ice water with 2 naira Garri and sugar for Taurus, hiding at the corner to eat alone to avoid incuring the wrath of those "tirogo'boys, jumping the fence close to Mr Ologunagba's quarters to go play Mario at home. Can't but remember mama Abusola wey dey sell moimoi for school shop. Those teachers wey sabi punish we the stubborn goats too nko, Oga Holifield, Ori Ikan, Mr Adetoye, Mr Ayeni and a whole lot of them. ACA my Alma mater! ACA we love!!

Mr Adetoye fine art teacher, lefty.

Ikan that big head.

1 Like

Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by Efewestern: 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2016
lolx.. can relate.. xplorer man
Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by temmym4(m): 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2016
Waoh. glad to see a thread like this. I'm an ACA alumni but u came before me bro.
By the way, the Garri, Groundnut and sugar combination in the nylon is called "SOAK E" grin

oh Aquinas!! My love for you shall never never die.
Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by DEIFIED(m): 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2016
Omo those days when men dey form big boy.
Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2016
Family pix 1995

1 Like

Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by AnodaIT(m): 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ama dig out something
Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by emitope: 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2016
U guys are making me remember 'those days'......when men were boys. smiley
Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 23, 2016
I can't relate angry
Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by Djbaka(m): 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2016
Explorers:

Lol...Can relate with Taurus garri centre. Dont know if youve had about Iya Bola? She sells only rice&beans few meters away?

That woman ate my money too.. everyday on my way to lesson (Oke padre area, close to small gate). Her jazz worked on all incl. me till God delivered me cheesy grin
Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by Djbaka(m): 10:15pm On Oct 23, 2016
goldentee:

Re: In The 90s: Share This If You Have One. by Djbaka(m): 10:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
goldentee:

This list is not complete without Mr Osuporu (One deadly slap) and Mr Dada(multiples of mini deadly slaps). Don't forget Mr R.A Babalola too (One Coma-incuring slap).

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cat Retires After 7 Years Of Serving As Hotel Manager / Gateway Polytechnic Saapade Form Is Out / Hilltop Grade International School, Port Harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.