Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Rescue Me From My Job!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Rescue Me From My Job!! (11631 Views)

I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job / Should I Stay With My Job Or Go With This New Job? / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rescue Me From My Job!! by christiengeorge(m): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
The Japaneese born American financial teacher wrote, "A job is a short term solution to a long term problem"in his book Rich Dad poor Dad.I quitted my small salary teaching Job in pursuit of a bigger one after 3 months of working with no salary.
I applied in much bigger schools, atlast I was invited for an interview the next day in one of the schools.The exams was scheduled for 10 am and like everyone else,I got to the school by 9 am only to be told that the Exam has started since 30minutes ago,i quickly rushed into the Hall,collected my scripts and started the exams.It was English and math and we were over 5O people who wrote the exam.
To cut long story short,Five of us were employed and we had to resume by the following monday morning.However,I noticed one strange greeting pattern amongst the teacher especially when greeting the proprietress.Every male teacher had to bow while the females had to kneel down to greet the owner of the school.I was amused as I was seeing that for the first time in my 8 years in the profession.
After a week I was summoned into the proprietress office over a bad greeting pattern. I was queried for not bowing down to greet the madam. she shouted at me and said,here we greet everytime, if u see me 200 times you must greet me 200 times,and if I pay u your salary,you must thank me,in short from today henceforth you must bow down to greet me any time you see me and you must stand still when ever am passingby. Do you understand? She concluded. I looked at her with utmost surprise and a lot going through my mind.
The teachers are not allowed to talk to each other,go home together or stand together.unity among teachers is discouraged and teachers are continously threatened and over used
I am just contemplating,is this a job or a modernized slavery.can somone please advise me.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by bigiyaro(m): 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
Which kind of advice do you need again? Exchange ur mind, body and soul for your monthly stipends or you get out.

26 Likes

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2016
Juz resign... Definitely the owner of tat school is still living in her medieval time... Tatz a pathetic rule.

15 Likes

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Presh900(m): 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ur choice, The Money or ur Beliefs??
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Tem12(f): 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
Mehn!
This is totally modernized slavery..
The choice is yours.

As for me, either i continue with the job and dont bow to greet her, or i just submit my resignation letter..

3 Likes

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by bamisepeters(m): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
I don't even know what to type. Personally, i cannot stay there because i cannot live life alone. I hate conditions that are not conformed with good reasoning.

4 Likes

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Fadamant: 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
I once resigned from a job not long after a boss used bad language on me. It is shocking to think that you have read Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad and you still not know that you are a slave in the hand of that proprietress and need to quit that job and use your time and brain to do something more respectful.
How do you stay at a job in which you are daily subjected to inhuman and degrading treatments and expect to have high self worth and become successful.

My advice to you is to look for money to go into business with and leave that job, in case you are afraid of not getting another job. If you don't have money for business, then resign, and go looking for another teaching job. The fact that you got that job out of 50 who sat for the test, should tell you that you are good enough to get another one if you leave that one.

Don't accept anyone treating you like poo for the sake of money.

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by sarz(m): 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2016
dnt worry urcelf Jux go to d other rum nd wait do me...infact d proprietress blongs to d kitchen

3 Likes

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by amicable09(f): 10:18am On Oct 24, 2016
OP you are funny o.
See the kind of question you just posed? You want us to tell you it is modern slavery?

This is not even ancient slavery talk more of calling it modern. With all these things you mentioned, I'm afraid to say you are now in a secret society grin grin grin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
See what the economy has turned us to undecided

How much is she paying you that you have to bow down every time you see her and can't even make friends in your place of work shocked .

Personally, I can't cope in such atmosphere especially that 'not talking to each other thingy'

I can't even wake up and be excited just because I'm going to my place of work to *work* and *mingle*.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Eleniyan15: 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2016
The question is how much are you receiving?

if it worth it no problem Yoruba will keep on greeting you every minute,if it pays

But if the salary no worth am abeg PaCk and. GO

4 Likes

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by trishapal(f): 6:52am On Oct 29, 2016
Lemme grab a coffee first

1 Like

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by salabscholar01(m): 6:53am On Oct 29, 2016
There are usually no greener grasses at other side of the field. One does not simply quit a job if he does not have another at hand already.

The most stupid thing to do now is to quit simply because you weren't able to handle intolerable situation. Be it slavery or how others may call it, if at all you are not business inclined have it in mind that a job is not your job until you see a better job. There are usually no best jobs in the market.

But if the traditions and practices of the school is the only reason you want to quit, well fine. But on the other hand I can not judge from your ordeal here. In judgement i consider three sides. Your side, their side and the right side. So I can not tell you what you want. But all I will say is this : check out within you and point out why you do not fit in and for how long your new colleagues have been working in that school too then you will know whether the job is worth doing

4 Likes

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by veekid(m): 6:53am On Oct 29, 2016
Here to read sensible comments

1 Like

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by dollaflow(m): 6:53am On Oct 29, 2016
hmmm
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by sakalisis(m): 6:53am On Oct 29, 2016
veekid:
Here to read sensible comments
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by lafuria1(m): 6:56am On Oct 29, 2016
Collect the first salary and move on

2 Likes

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by coded01: 6:56am On Oct 29, 2016
No one can rescue you from that job but yourself...

1 Like

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by cescky(m): 6:57am On Oct 29, 2016
Bad

Give ur self a maximum of 3 months exit plan... I.e. Manage there for the sake of salary but btw now and 3 months INTENSLY seek Another job or research a biz and save up for it

4 Likes

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Pwetyefe(f): 7:01am On Oct 29, 2016
As 4 me resign shikina
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by karleone(m): 7:02am On Oct 29, 2016
@christiengeorge is the above a story??
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by uvie66: 7:04am On Oct 29, 2016
Imagine what you have to go through because of lack of money, bowing to another human being, how much is she paying you to warrant all this nonsense.
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Pidggin(f): 7:06am On Oct 29, 2016
Even in your business you will have to greet people to get customers. If you are being paid well why not continue there until you find something better?

Joseph was a slave and prisoner until God promoted him

2 Likes

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 29, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Gistboy: 7:08am On Oct 29, 2016
I don't really advice you to resign immediately and become unemployed. It is not advisable to quit a job when you have not gotten a new one. Find a new job before you resign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Pavore9: 7:10am On Oct 29, 2016
Though l hate that but lf you are ready to do without the salary, resign.
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Yewandequeen(f): 7:12am On Oct 29, 2016
Right there, I will request for white paper and Biro from her, write my resignation letter, drop it and walk out.

Geez

1 Like

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 29, 2016
trishapal:
Lemme grab a coffee first
after grabbing the cup of coffee, come and answer the question

1 Like

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by MrHighSea: 7:13am On Oct 29, 2016
Bow? Greet? will she reciprocate?

3 Likes

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by egopersonified(f): 7:14am On Oct 29, 2016
the next question you should ask is when do they pay salaries, this type would owe salaries for six months and she would not be sorry
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 29, 2016
Resign... you are not an ass-licker...

You can do better, if you could go 3mths without pay and survived.. you are stronger than you think.

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Andema(m): 7:19am On Oct 29, 2016
Please contact me on this line. I might be of help.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mass Job Losses Loom In Q1 2023 Amid Naira Crisis - Manufacturers, Economist / Why Do Job Seekers Avoid Insurance Sale Roles? / 60% Of Bankers To Lose Their Jobs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.