Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Rescue Me From My Job!! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Rescue Me From My Job!! (11638 Views)

I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job / Should I Stay With My Job Or Go With This New Job? / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by frankodus(m): 7:22am On Oct 29, 2016
Why not try setting-up your own business.that is exactly the reason why many people vowed never to work for another person
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by GraceInUSA: 7:22am On Oct 29, 2016
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by sisisioge: 7:24am On Oct 29, 2016
Just bow and greet her very well till this month ends then split! There can never be growth or peace of mind in that kind of job! Good luck.
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by megareal: 7:26am On Oct 29, 2016
If you are complaining, it means you see something wrong, and if you can't conform, quit. Don't be a slave in this era.
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by NATIONALPASTOR: 7:27am On Oct 29, 2016
THIS SCHOOL MUST BE OWNED BY A YORUBA.
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by TheOonlyOne: 7:28am On Oct 29, 2016
errrr
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Mpeace(m): 7:39am On Oct 29, 2016
Fadamant:
I once resigned from a job not long after a boss used bad language on me. It is shocking to think that you have read Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad and you still not know that you are a slave in the hand of that proprietress and need to quit that job and use your time and brain to do something more respectful.
How do you stay at a job in which you are daily subjected to inhuman and degrading treatments and expect to have high self worth and become successful.

My advice to you is to look for money to go into business with and leave that job, in case you are afraid of not getting another job. If you don't have money for business, then resign, and go looking for another teaching job. The fact that you got that job out of 50 who sat for the test, should tell you that you are good enough to get another one if you leave that one.

Don't accept anyone treating you like poo for the sake of money.
Each time I hear pple say quit your job and start a business I just wonder whether they themselves are into business. For goodness skake, the nigerian environment does not support business. Only a few are doing well. The young man is just a teacher what kind of business can he afford to do.

5 Likes

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by ksbusari(m): 7:50am On Oct 29, 2016
ritual!!!!

1 Like

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by emynike2001(m): 7:51am On Oct 29, 2016
I WILL SAYING THIS EVERYWHERE I GO, A FEMALE BOSS IS THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO A MAN ON EARTH.

I have been there, my experience with women boss is HORRIBLE.

Plot your square root from there, if u may still want to continue get ready to be humiliated.

1 Like

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by bumtos(m): 8:04am On Oct 29, 2016
amicable09:
OP you are funny o.
See the kind of question you just posed? You want us to tell you it is modern slavery?

This is not even ancient slavery talk more of calling it modern. With all these things you mentioned, I'm afraid to say you are now in a secret society grin grin grin

smiley
amicable09:
OP you are funny o.
See the kind of question you just posed? You want us to tell you it is modern slavery?

This is not even ancient slavery talk more of calling it modern. With all these things you mentioned, I'm afraid to say you are now in a secret society grin grin grin

O boy, you are funny o

2 Likes

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by SunnDash(m): 8:06am On Oct 29, 2016
U do not specify ur salary...dis is totally slavery...be tinkin of plan B.

1 Like

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Pidggin(f): 8:22am On Oct 29, 2016
Mpeace:
Each time I hear pple say quit your job and start a business I just wonder whether they themselves are into business. For goodness skake, the nigerian environment does not support business. Only a few are doing well. The young man is just a teacher what kind of business can he afford to do.

Honestly, this bothers me too.
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 29, 2016
christiengeorge:
The Japaneese born American financial teacher wrote, "A job is a short term solution to a long term problem"in his book Rich Dad poor Dad.I quitted my small salary teaching Job in pursuit of a bigger one after 3 months of working with no salary.
I applied in much bigger schools, atlast I was invited for an interview the next day in one of the schools.The exams was scheduled for 10 am and like everyone else,I got to the school by 9 am only to be told that the Exam has started since 30minutes ago,i quickly rushed into the Hall,collected my scripts and started the exams.It was English and math and we were over 5O people who wrote the exam.
To cut long story short,Five of us were employed and we had to resume by the following monday morning.However,I noticed one strange greeting pattern amongst the teacher especially when greeting the proprietress.Every male teacher had to bow while the females had to kneel down to greet the owner of the school.I was amused as I was seeing that for the first time in my 8 years in the profession.
After a week I was summoned into the proprietress office over a bad greeting pattern. I was queried for not bowing down to greet the madam. she shouted at me and said,here we greet everytime, if u see me 200 times you must greet me 200 times,and if I pay u your salary,you must thank me,in short from today henceforth you must bow down to greet me any time you see me and you must stand still when ever am passingby. Do you understand? She concluded. I looked at her with utmost surprise and a lot going through my mind.
The teachers are not allowed to talk to each other,go home together or stand together.unity among teachers is discouraged and teachers are continously threatened and over used
I am just contemplating,is this a job or a modernized slavery.can somone please advise me.

Cast the useless school. Let the world know the slavery she subjects teachers to. Even pupils/students in that school will be in same condition.
Take ur next pay and leave. Do not even do her the honour of writing a resignation.
Bow ko, Dow ni

1 Like

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by seunoni34(m): 8:33am On Oct 29, 2016
Pidggin:
Even in your business you will have to greet people to get customers. If you are being paid well why not continue there until you find something better?

Joseph was a slave and prisoner until God promoted him
I hate people with your kind of mentality. Don't you have a little respect for yourself?

1 Like

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by davidif: 8:34am On Oct 29, 2016
christiengeorge:
The Japaneese born American financial teacher wrote, "A job is a short term solution to a long term problem"in his book Rich Dad poor Dad.I quitted my small salary teaching Job in pursuit of a bigger one after 3 months of working with no salary.
I applied in much bigger schools, atlast I was invited for an interview the next day in one of the schools.The exams was scheduled for 10 am and like everyone else,I got to the school by 9 am only to be told that the Exam has started since 30minutes ago,i quickly rushed into the Hall,collected my scripts and started the exams.It was English and math and we were over 5O people who wrote the exam.
To cut long story short,Five of us were employed and we had to resume by the following monday morning.However,I noticed one strange greeting pattern amongst the teacher especially when greeting the proprietress.Every male teacher had to bow while the females had to kneel down to greet the owner of the school.I was amused as I was seeing that for the first time in my 8 years in the profession.
After a week I was summoned into the proprietress office over a bad greeting pattern. I was queried for not bowing down to greet the madam. she shouted at me and said,here we greet everytime, if u see me 200 times you must greet me 200 times,and if I pay u your salary,you must thank me,in short from today henceforth you must bow down to greet me any time you see me and you must stand still when ever am passingby. Do you understand? She concluded. I looked at her with utmost surprise and a lot going through my mind.
The teachers are not allowed to talk to each other,go home together or stand together.unity among teachers is discouraged and teachers are continously threatened and over used
I am just contemplating,is this a job or a modernized slavery.can somone please advise me.

WOW!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by seguno2: 8:42am On Oct 29, 2016
Fadamant:
I once resigned from a job not long after a boss used bad language on me. It is shocking to think that you have read Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad and you still not know that you are a slave in the hand of that proprietress and need to quit that job and use your time and brain to do something more respectful.
How do you stay at a job in which you are daily subjected to inhuman and degrading treatments and expect to have high self worth and become successful.

My advice to you is to look for money to go into business with and leave that job, in case you are afraid of not getting another job. If you don't have money for business, then resign, and go looking for another teaching job. The fact that you got that job out of 50 who sat for the test, should tell you that you are good enough to get another one if you leave that one.

Na you biko.
Great post. Good advice.
OP, over to you oh. Abi you want to be a slave forever ni?
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by seguno2: 8:46am On Oct 29, 2016
NATIONALPASTOR:

Are you sure that you are a NATIONAL pastor or you are a local, tribal, village fetish priest?
Oya talk true, make devil shame.
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by donbenedict(m): 8:50am On Oct 29, 2016
Yoruba people don't dey lie down flat and greet their elders?

Mchew infact if she want make I Polish her shoe, I go do am... well i"d be doing all that in a sarcastic manner..

1 Like

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by 222Martins(m): 8:57am On Oct 29, 2016
My cousin also went to such a school, where female students must kneel to greet their teachers. The name of the school is Eva Adelaja, located somewhere on the outskirts of Lagos.
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by Pidggin(f): 9:00am On Oct 29, 2016
seunoni34:

I hate people with your kind of mentality. Don't you have a little respect for yourself?

He needs the job, forget nonsense respect, he won't be there for ever for now he needs to work and save. Stop all this distractions , how are we sure you will not do worse to maintain your job
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by creepsyme(f): 9:10am On Oct 29, 2016
christiengeorge:
quit asap, salary is just a way of managing poverty do not allow fear of the unknown to grip u down to such slavery.
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by uyiekpenm(f): 9:34am On Oct 29, 2016
NATIONALPASTOR:

true story. come to Ogun state and see the abormination people call schools.

thanks to Ambassador schools owned by the Osewa's. I would have been driving my kids to Lagos everyday just because of bad schools managed by illiterates.
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by armadeo(m): 9:53am On Oct 29, 2016
Mpeace:

The repeated howling like wolves. They hear a howl the howl in unison.

Where is the capital, what business can he start up with out any background or they think people just get up and start business without training.

Lol at the Nigerian youths. All gose shouting resign obviously are been fed at home or have cushy jobs they dare not leave.

Op my advice to you is this

If you can afford to leave then leave, the key word being afford if you cannot then suck it up till you can.

There are no jobs in the country, Nigeria is not business friendly, even with capital.

Dude face the reality and work yourself to were you want to be.

2 Likes

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by JayJustus(m): 10:16am On Oct 29, 2016
for you to have been taken outta 50 people should tell you a whole lot about yourself...

***grabs mic*** YOU ARE GREAT, YOU ARE GREAT

start applying for other teaching jobs hell if you cannot again start doing private lessons...I know how much my friend makes in a month just doing lessons only...

wake up at 10am...watch "the other room" till 2pm...back strong eBa and then go teach till 7pm - 8pm as the case may be... do it for couple of families and he brings 6 figures...

1 Like

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by spaggyy(m): 11:07am On Oct 29, 2016
christiengeorge:
Hello bro am so sorry about the current job you are into.... You quoted Robert kiyosaki that a job is a short term solution for a long term problem..... And I wan us to have a discussion on something you might love... Can you whatsapp me on 08067984710 olusegun is my name
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by spaggyy(m): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2016
Fadamant:

I so much love your advice, u deserve an award for this.... But on a more serious note I will love to know you better... My name is olusegun I will appreciate if u send me a message on whatsapp 08067984710
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by YOLO1(m): 11:33am On Oct 29, 2016
If the pay is worth the greetings, then you have no problem. Just know that you're employed as a greeter and not as a teacher.
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by XaintJoel20: 11:58am On Oct 29, 2016
Mpeace:
You have your thinking cap well fitted. There are so many things one need to take into consideration before setting up a business.
There are people that need less than 20, 000 to start a business and become successful in few months time but getting it has been a come from no where.

Who no like better thing??
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by DICKtator: 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2016
Did I just read ,"quitted?"

The op is definitely not an English language teacher.

If he is , I need to know the school he teaches at

grin grin grin grin
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by dasparrow: 1:16pm On Oct 29, 2016
Mpeace:

My thoughts exactly. Even big international businesses are running away from Nigeria because the climate is not conducive with all the erratic power supply and what have you. If I choose to start a business, it will definitely not be in Nigeria. The average Nigerian will keep pricing your commodity till you cannot break even and make a profit. Lastly, where is the money to spend anyway in this recession where people are not even being paid their salaries?
Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by thelish(f): 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2016
creepsyme:
quit asap, salary is just a way of managing poverty do not allow fear of the unknown to grip u down to such slavery.

I love this comment

1 Like

Re: Rescue Me From My Job!! by gentlesoul196: 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

KPMG Aptitude Test 2021 / Mass Job Losses Loom In Q1 2023 Amid Naira Crisis - Manufacturers, Economist / Computer Repairs Or Panel Beating And Auto Body Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.