Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,397 members, 7,819,413 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II (12571 Views)

Meet Seribo Adelabu, 63-year-old SS II Student, Pushing Wheelbarrow To Pay SSCE / ... / Unbelievable Facts (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
mansakhalifa:

I think you mean Gavrilo

1 Like

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2016
rawpadgin:
I need to know the actual cause of ww2
After WW1, Germany had to pay dearly for the part they played in the war. A treaty was signed called Treaty of Versailles. Germany was told to pay a huge sum. The lands captured by Germany during the Prussia(former Germany)- France war was returned to France.
Hitler, a young soldier who was temporarily blind at the end of WW1 couldn't take it. He suddenly became a leader. He gave great speeches about how they were treated unfairly and how he was going to take the lost lands back.
Meanwhile, Prime minister Neil Chamberlain refused to take action as a result of Appeasement.
Hitler took over Austria, the sundentenland region of Czechoslovakia. Hitler was warned not to further because if he did, they would wage war on Germany. He formed a temporary alliance with the Soviet Union and invaded Poland. He disobeyed the warning and attacked Poland from the West and Soviet Union attacked from the west.
Clearly, appeasement wasn't working and with that, other countries declared war on Germany and with that WW2 started on September 1, 1939
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by rawpadgin(m): 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2016
Gaara101:

After WW1, Germany had to pay dearly for the part they played in the war. A treaty was signed called Treaty of Versailles. Germany was told to pay a huge sum. The lands captured by Germany during the Prussia(former Germany)- France war was returned to France.
Hitler, a young soldier who was temporarily blind at the end of WW1 couldn't take it. He suddenly became a leader. He gave great speeches about how they were treated unfairly and how he was going to take the lost lands back.
Meanwhile, Prime minister Neil Chamberlain refused to take action as a result of Appeasement.
Hitler took over Austria, the sundentenland region of Czechoslovakia. Hitler was warned not to further because if he did, they would wage war on Germany. He formed a temporary alliance with the Soviet Union and invaded Poland. He disobeyed the warning and attacked Poland from the West and Soviet Union attacked from the west.
Clearly, appeasement wasn't working and with that, other countries declared war on Germany and with that WW2 started on September 1, 1939
hmmmm

stubbornness doesn't pay

1 Like

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
rawpadgin:
hmmmm

stubbornness doesn't pay
I was a little tempted to agree with you but I think it depends on the context.
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by rawpadgin(m): 6:46am On Oct 29, 2016
Gaara101:

I was a little tempted to agree with you but I think it depends on the context.
true

but sometimes u just have to let go even if the context is not in ur favour

like the Chinese will say "all great battles are won without fighting".
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 4:42am On Nov 02, 2016
Gaara101:
I think you mean Gavrilo
Typo. Thanks.
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by casanova96(m): 8:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
deleib:
pls Can U Really Tell Me The Actual Cause(s) Of The World War 1 And 2. I'll Realy Appreciate Ur Timely Response!
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Ishilove: 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
The painful and very irritating aspect is Dr Josef Mengele escaped prosecution. He reported died peacefully on a farm in a country far away from Germany

1 Like

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Ishilove: 10:53pm On Nov 02, 2016
jantofubu:
mehn Hitler is a bastard grin no wonder his children decided never to marry in order to kill his blood lineage
Hitler never had any children neither was he ever married. He only had a live-in concubine, Eva Braun (the merry widow).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Ishilove: 10:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
Explorers:
WWI introduced the widespread use of the machine gun, a weapon Hiram Maxim patented in the U.S. in 1884. The Maxim weighed about 100 pounds and was water cooled. It could fire about 450 - 600 rounds per minute. Most machine guns used in WWI were based on the Maxim design.
'The Maxim Gun Spits Death'. That was the headline used in a foreign newspaper to describe the decimation of African armies during the European pacification of pre-colonial Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ishilove:

Hitler never had any children neither was he ever married. He only had a live-in concubine, Eva Braun (the merry widow).

She was his wife for less than 40 hours .
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Oahray: 9:39am On Nov 03, 2016
Ishilove:

God bless google search cheesy
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 03, 2016
Ishilove:

i heard he had one testicle,who is going to marry a man with one testice
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Davidhero(m): 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2016
Ahhh, playing D-day and Brothers In Arms Earned In Blood reminds me of both wars.
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2016
rawpadgin:
true
but sometimes u just have to let go even if the context is not in ur favour
like the Chinese will say "all great battles are won without fighting".
Apparently the chinese never heard of Alexander the Great undecided undecided grin grin
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 1:33pm On Nov 05, 2016
Ishilove:

Hitler got married in the Bunker.

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by kazyhm(m): 8:35am On Nov 06, 2016
explorer on point

the fly boys by James bradly gives detail account of WWII
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by caesaR2: 4:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
Thank you explorers
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by EmmGee: 8:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
SirWere:

Hitler didn't HIDE around and he didn't blow up innocent civillians because they had different religions. He didn't run and hide and behave like a coward.

He fought the war like a man!!

He invaded countries with SOLDIERS; not innocent civillians with bombs strapped to them undecided

And when the end came; He took the hard way out.

Tell me one middle east guy that has done the same

undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided
Hard to argue with this kind of chronic stupidity

1 Like

Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 20, 2017
EmmGee:

Hard to argue with this kind of chronic stupidity
As you say brother. As you say
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by edudguy(m): 7:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
rawpadgin:
I need to know the actual cause of ww2
First and foremost Germany lost iys pride and prestige in WWI and wanted to regain it.. They believed Germans were of higher race and Jews were to be annihilated... They invaded Poland on 1st of September days later Britain and France declared war on Germany.. Adolf Hitler, with his rousing speeches made the Germans see themselves as a god.. The power of Charisma

Japan (who regarded itself as 'The land of the rising sun) also wanted to expand its territory and did this by annexing smaller states although it had already started a war with China before 1939. Japan was too cocky and thought it was the most powerful nation that it attacked Pear Harbour (an American Naval base) This marked America's entry into the war.. One can say thay Japan bit off more than it could chew

Italy followed in the way of Germany but did not have the firepower Germany had so it was soon crushed

In Germany, Jews were killed in their Millions, in death camps and being used as experiments notably was a Nazi Doctor, Josef Mengele. Who used children as experiments. He would use twins as experiments and sew them back together..

WW2 was and is still the deadilest war.. The whole world was in a state of war
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by edudguy(m): 7:58pm On Jan 28, 2017
SirWere:

Hitler didn't HIDE around and he didn't blow up innocent civillians because they had different religions. He didn't run and hide and behave like a coward.

He fought the war like a man!!

He invaded countries with SOLDIERS; not innocent civillians with bombs strapped to them undecided

And when the end came; He took the hard way out.

Tell me one middle east guy that has done the same

undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided
Wait, are you for real? Hitler? Dude was responsible for the deadliest war in history....Hitler had no true knowledge of the situation thats why Germany lost the battle of Normandy and Hitler made decisions because he had no knowledge at the situation on ground thats why he lost the War.. I am not saying that I am happy he lost though... He said that after conquering the world, Africa would be his plantation

I am not saying terrorists are saints but all I am saying is that Comparing Hitler to terrorists is like comparing the Devil to a thief.. Both are evil but one is a lesser evil
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
edudguy:
Wait, are you for real? Hitler? Dude was responsible for the deadliest war in history....Hitler had no true knowledge of the situation thats why Germany lost the battle of Normandy and Hitler made decisions because he had no knowledge at the situation on ground thats why he lost the War.. I am not saying that I am happy he lost though... He said that after conquering the world, Africa would be his plantation

I am not saying terrorists are saints but all I am saying is that Comparing Hitler to terrorists is like comparing the Devil to a thief.. Both are evil but one is a lesser evil
I'm not arguing whether or not Hitler was a saint.
He was a bastard that killed millions of jews, everyone knows that.

I'm just saying it's wrong to compare him to a terrorist.
He fought a real war...,,not the cowardly dance terrorists do nowadays..
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by edudguy(m): 8:13pm On Jan 28, 2017
SirWere:

I'm not arguing whether or not Hitler was a saint.
He was a bastard that killed millions of jews, everyone knows that.

I'm just saying it's wrong to compare him to a terrorist.
He fought a real war...,,not the cowardly dance terrorists do nowadays..
A real war? He was responsible for the Killing of over 6 million Jews. He made children orphans... Do you even know what caused the second world war? Children were used as experiments... Google images of WW2 and tell me what is 'real about the war' If you claim he fought a real war why did he commit suicide before the Allies got to him.. The systematic killings of the Jews, Bombing of other countries.. plunging young men to their death. Dude was living in his own reality until he was brought down to earth... Adolf Hitler hated Jews but he was a Jew himself... Hitler's Neo Nazi corroborators also commited suicide notably Himmler... Google WW2!
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 28, 2017
edudguy:
A real war? He was responsible for the Killing of over 6 million Jews. He made children orphans... Do you even know what caused the second world war? Children were used as experiments... Google images of WW2 and tell me what is 'real about the war' If you claim he fought a real war why did he commit suicide before the Allies got to him.. The systematic killings of the Jews, Bombing of other countries.. plunging young men to their death. Dude was living in his own reality until he was brought down to earth... Adolf Hitler hated Jews but he was a Jew himself... Hitler's Neo Nazi corroborators also commited suicide notably Himmler... Google WW2!
Err, dude, the allies were not exactly white knights either.
The events leading to worldwar II was engineered by the allies.

Dude, for the second time, I'm not claiming Hitler fought nice. I'm simply saying he did not hide under innocent kids or employ brainwashed bombers.

The USA employed chemical weapons "Agent Orange" that deformed kids in Vietnam war.... Yet, no one shouts about that.
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by edudguy(m): 9:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
SirWere:

Err, dude, the allies were not exactly white knights either.
The events leading to worldwar II was engineered by the allies.

Dude, for the second time, I'm not claiming Hitler fought nice. I'm simply saying he did not hide under innocent kids or employ brainwashed bombers.

The USA employed chemical weapons "Agent Orange" that deformed kids in Vietnam war.... Yet, no one shouts about that.
I beg to differ rather I'd say the Allies turned a blind eye to Italy and Germany's invasion of states thats why they were so cocky.. Yeah and innocent kids were brainwashed if not how can you believe that you can conquer the whole world; plus continents - the whole of Europe is it not brainwashing
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 29, 2017
edudguy:
I beg to differ rather I'd say the Allies turned a blind eye to Italy and Germany's invasion of states thats why they were so cocky.. Yeah and innocent kids were brainwashed if not how can you believe that you can conquer the whole world; plus continents - the whole of Europe is it not brainwashing
Tsk, no, the Allies did much more in enigineering WW II.
Remember the treaty of Versailles The constant subjugation of Germans in their own territory The fact that they IGNORED the Nazi party long after they had started rounding up and killing Jews Need I say more

Oh, and err... Hitler almost damned near succeding in conquering Europe.
He conquering Czech, Poland, France....

If not for Operation Babarossa, they still had a chance.
If he had paired with Stalin; Europe was definitely gone.
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by edudguy(m): 11:29am On Jan 29, 2017
SirWere:

Tsk, no, the Allies did much more in enigineering WW II.
Remember the treaty of Versailles The constant subjugation of Germans in their own territory The fact that they IGNORED the Nazi party long after they had started rounding up and killing Jews Need I say more

Oh, and err... Hitler almost damned near succeding in conquering Europe.
He conquering Czech, Poland, France....

If not for Operation Babarossa, they still had a chance.
If he had paired with Stalin; Europe was definitely gone.
Hmmmm...but he was too greedy and decided to attack Russia... As for the treaty that was after they lost WW1..This was what made Hitler brainwash Germans about getting their territory back. hence WW2
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by ednut1(m): 11:34am On Jan 29, 2017
jantofubu:
mehn Hitler is a bastard grin no wonder his children decided never to marry in order to kill his blood lineage
had no Child
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 29, 2017
edudguy:
Hmmmm...but he was too greedy and decided to attack Russia... As for the treaty that was after they lost WW1..This was what made Hitler brainwash Germans about getting their territory back. hence WW2

Well, I wouldn't exactly call it greed. Hitler thought Russia was backward, unadvanced and could not withstand Germany's military might.
And to his credit, he successfully invaded Russia, even though he failed in conquering it.....

Exactly. It was the horrible underhanded proposal the Allies forced the Germans to sign after their defeat in WWI that spawned WW II.
If not for that, Nazi's and Hitler would never have come about...
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by edudguy(m): 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2017
SirWere:

Well, I wouldn't exactly call it greed. Hitler thought Russia was backward, unadvanced and could not withstand Germany's military might.
And to his credit, he successfully invaded Russia, even though he failed in conquering it.....

Exactly. It was the horrible underhanded proposal the Allies forced the Germans to sign after their defeat in WWI that spawned WW II.
Hmmm
Re: Facts&photos: A Trip Back To World War I And II by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 29, 2017
SirWere:

Hitler made three fatal mistakes in the invasion of the USSR.
1. He failed (or refused) to concentrate all his forces on the realization of his most important objective: the capture of Moscow.
2. He underestimated the size of the world's largest country. Same thing Napoleon did in the 19th century.
3. He invaded as a conqueror rather than as a liberator to a people who were suffering under Stalin's iron rule.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SSANU: University Workers To Resume Strike / 2016/2017 Jamb Biology / Federal University Wukari Temporarily Shutdown Over Kidnapping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.