Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

We Now Know That Slavery Is Wrong, But How Come God Didn't? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Now Know That Slavery Is Wrong, But How Come God Didn't? (415 Views)

Why God Didn't Help Leah Sharibu! / Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) / Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Now Know That Slavery Is Wrong, But How Come God Didn't? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
The bible and the quran is replete with laws and injunctions by God to Moses and Mohammed, endorsing slavery and subjugation of fellow humans. Today, everyone knows that slavery is immoral and cruel. Any society practicing slavery would face heavy criticism from every other society. Now if humans after years of enlightenment, have come to realize that slavery is wrong, how is it possible that a supposed omniscient being, didn't know that it was wrong to subjugate and use a fellow human as slave?

Isn't this proof that these highly revered holy books were written by immoral, ignorant men who knew nothing about the world?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Now Know That Slavery Is Wrong, But How Come God Didn't? by winner01(m): 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
Repititions angry

I think thats the tactics cos We've addressed this right here several times.

Does atheism not have any new arguments undecided
Re: We Now Know That Slavery Is Wrong, But How Come God Didn't? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
winner01:
Repititions angry

oya go and be opeing all ur yeye thread on atheism lol, ayam waiting
Re: We Now Know That Slavery Is Wrong, But How Come God Didn't? by winner01(m): 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2016
stephenmorris:
oya go and be opeing all ur yeye thread on atheism lol, ayam waiting
I will. I only not had the time. There is nothing you can do about it.
Re: We Now Know That Slavery Is Wrong, But How Come God Didn't? by otemanuduno: 8:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
winner01:
Repititions angry

I wasn't around on nairaland before to see how this was addressed. Pls can you address how Yahweh and Allah didn't frown at slave trade but even gave laws concerning it, while we in the age of enlightenment knows it? Is it that we are wiser than Yahweh and Allah or what?

:
Tabioth 46: 6-18

6. Now Alla said, you are blessed, O you homos of Makka. And all you scribes in Kaba. My spirit shall be with you forever because you have done after my heart desires.
7. Now these are the ways whereby you shall treat the homos of Negre and all the kingdoms in Murmoh; you shall pierce their ears and their noses and you shall put irons in them.
8. You shall make the homos of Ethiopia labour for you all the days of their lives. And the homos of Libya and of Soud shall you also make to work in the farms.
9. Let them plough from daytime until dusk. And let them eat only the crumbs. For we know that the crumbs belong only to the dogs.
10. Value your dogs more than the children of the slaves. And let the remains of the food you have fed to your dogs be the food which they shall eat.
11. Let all the slaves be made eunuchs, like the Galli in the land of Grecon and Roma. Also, buy slaves and sell them too. For by so doing shall the kingdom be rich.
12. Now Latif, one of the priests said, how shall we keep our slaves in check? For they are even more than us now. And ten of them shall take up one of us and kill us.
13. Then Alla said, how does a herdman lead fifty cattle to the ranch and to the pastures? It is by the control of their hearts that you shall make them submit.
14. Read the Kuran into their ears, saying, he who is a slave is destined to be so. And a slave who escapes shall die and be found in the everlasting fire of Alla.

15. Read the good parts of the Kuran to their hearing also, and they shall say that it is the word of the Almighty God.
16. Is it not how Yeshua kept the homos of his land under check also? For truly I tell you, O Latif, the words of the gods are powerful to control the homos even until a generation when another god shall come.
17. But the word of mine shall remain forever.
18. Now see the slaves as animals and control them in the same manner Noe controlled the wild animals and the domestic animals in the days when both I and Yahweh flooded the lands around the beautiful garden.
Re: We Now Know That Slavery Is Wrong, But How Come God Didn't? by hopefulLandlord: 3:45am On Nov 30, 2016
Yahweh could've abolished slavery, he wisely chose to abolish eating shellfish instead

that Jewish god is one idiotic incompetent and malevolent doG

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Warns Youths - ''i’m Not Talking To You So That You Can Put Me On / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sat.26/11/2016) / See Reasons Chirstians Must Not Joke With Courtship Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.