Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy (400 Views)

Killings Killings Killings South Africa Xenophobia (graphic Pix) / See The Face Of The Man Who Killed Notorious Militant Leader General Ossy Ibori / How Troops Killed ‘Ossy Ibori’, Notorious Militant Leader, Others In Shootout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by thickmass: 12:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
Fulani herdsmen have been terrorising some communities in the country, especially in the South East. What is your advice to governors and lawmakers in the zone? It takes one with guts to be a leader. Most of them are lily-livered. There is nothing that will stop you as a leader, as a governor or a member of the House from saying something that will protect your people. If you cannot take the bull by the horn by enacting laws that will protect the citizens of your state, then I don’t know what else you are talking about. Most of them don’t have that confidence. If you have confidence in yourself, I don’t see any reason why you should not come up with such legislation because you are not doing it against anybody. Nobody will be happy to come to his farm the next morning to see that his farm is ravaged by herdsmen. It is never done but because of the fear of the unknown, ‘who knows if I say this now, what will happen?’ some of them are even thinking of second tenure. ‘If I say this now, these people might make it difficult for me to go for second tenure’. That is actually the problem. I don’t see any reason why most of them in the South-East are keeping quiet when these things happen. I am challenging them, if they know that they actually have the mandate of the people, let them speak for the people and do things right for the people. I don’t see the reason why they should shy away from the truth of the matter by enacting laws to protect our farmers and our citizens from the rampaging herdsmen. Have you made any effort to talk with the Abia State governor or Speaker on the herdsmen’s attacks? Let me say this, I have a lot of programmes here at the National Assembly but they (governors) are there in the South-East, they know what the problems are, and that is why we elected them. They also elected me to come to Abuja and look at those laws that will benefit our people and bring in Federal Government presence that our state should get from the center. I feel sad that most of them are just there, these things are going on and none of them is speaking but that does not mean that I wouldn’t make out time.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/herdsmens-killings-south-east-governors-lily-livered-hon-prestige-ossy/
Re: Herdsmen’s Killings: South-east Governors Are Lily-livered— Hon. Prestige Ossy by sarrki(m): 4:08pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lol

Observing

(1) (Reply)

How Nigerian Troops Killed 150 Defenceless Pro-biafra Protesters- Amnesty Group / A Tricycle Rider Stabbed Six Lagos State Traffic Management Authority LASTMA / Buhari: Boko Haram Giving Up ' En Masse '

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.