Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:21 PM

Is Jesus God? Did Jesus Ever Claim To Be God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? Did Jesus Ever Claim To Be God? (677 Views)

Why You Should Not Bother To Debate Whether Jesus Ever "Existed" / Is Jesus God? / Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus God? Did Jesus Ever Claim To Be God? by Gee645(m): 1:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
Is Jesus God? Did Jesus ever claim to be God?
Many people most especially the unbelievers live in the denial that Jesus never claims to be God because he wasn’t. They even come up with theories and verses to support their denial of the divinity of Christ. Permit me some space to clear the air on certain misinterpretation of the Holy Scripture.
To start with let’s look at John 10 vs. 33 ‘ The Jews answered him(Jesus), for a good work we do not stone you, but for blasphemy; and because you, being a man make yourself out to be God’
Jesus had obviously claimed to be God. So just what had he said to upset his Jewish audience so much?
John 10 vs. 30 ‘I and the Father are one. He didn’t say that he was simply like the Father. He said that they were “one”. In verse 36, Jesus makes it clear that he had referred to himself as the ‘son of God’. Logic alone would tell us that the son of God would possess the same deity as the Father. Man begets man. God begets God.
When it comes to Jesus of Nazareth. It’s not simple claim he had the credentials to back up his claim. He said even though you do not believe me believe the evidence of the miracles, that you learn and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.
Perhaps the most direct and profound example of Jesus claiming to be God is found at the end of the eight chapter of John. Jesus said ‘truly, truly, I say to you before Abraham was born, I am.
The true purpose of this text is for personal edification and to bring to light those who have wallowed in darkness for long. You can’t claim to love Jesus and deny his true nature. Below are more verses to clear doubts Matt; 1 vs 23, Isaiah 9 vs. 6, Isaiah 42; vs 10-11, John 1 vs. 1-4, John 5 vs. 23, Acts 4 vs. 12 and John 14 vs. 6-7.
Re: Is Jesus God? Did Jesus Ever Claim To Be God? by mii4u(f): 1:33pm On Oct 24, 2016
Your word is u, Jesus is God's spoken word which assumed the form of the flesh.
Re: Is Jesus God? Did Jesus Ever Claim To Be God? by Jephz(m): 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2016
When jesus was on earth ..who did he prayed to?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? Did Jesus Ever Claim To Be God? by Olu317(m): 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2016
Jesus is everything in God. in Isaiah, it was prophesied that a child will be born and his name shall be called wonderful, councillor, might God, prince of peace and everlasting father.. All these qualities is practically the features of almighty God. And every time he mentioned the father,he simply refer to the inner being in himself..it was only when he decided to reveal himself he did so in humility at different time because it will be too difficult to see God as having a man like image from the human perspective but he had been hidden since ancient period before he came down to let human beings touch him in flesh . God only revealed himself to reconcile man to himself. So when said before Abraham was “I AM" which was the same word he told Moses in the book of exodus on the mountain “I AM" has sent you
Re: Is Jesus God? Did Jesus Ever Claim To Be God? by Emusan(m): 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2016
Jephz:
When jesus was on earth ..who did he prayed to?

To His Father....

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? Did Jesus Ever Claim To Be God? by Olu317(m): 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
The mystery of God is beyond human comprehension because the human beings were the replica of God himself. And when Adam fell due to disobedience, he knew he had a better plan for man. Did you not read in the Book of John in his awesomeness when he spoke not anymore in parable but openly when he told his disciples after resurrection that “I am in my father and the father is in me " and when he told Mary, the brother to Lazarus and the people that I am resurrection and life". Do you not know that without life, God can't exist?, that was why he said, You honour my father and you dishonour me(Jesus).We human being honour God we don't know how he looks but dishonour Jesus because we saw him like normal human beings. I have said without any iota of doubt that if Jesus is not almighty God, then there won't be any reason to use his name to heal, to raise the dead, open the eyes of the blind etc because it would have been a rivalry between him and God. God is a jealous God and can't share his glory with anyone.... Jesus is the hidden God of ancient times...On the prayer partner,he showed us how to seek his face in humility and do his will irrespective of the dying situation we found ourselves. Some people had argued again that he said my Father is greater than I, then why did he say that if he was God?, Jesus spoke in parable all the times and when he said these words, he meant when he is in the in personality of brighter than the sun, he is absolute and authoritarian. Did you not read in the Bible he took John the beloved, Peter and James to the mountain and when he transformed (became so whitish) the three bowed down to him before the voice spoke again) into the personality of God.With human knowledge, you
cannot understand Jesus and his mystery unless you are willing to Follow him
Re: Is Jesus God? Did Jesus Ever Claim To Be God? by jnrbayano(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
Nice work Op.

Let me ask those that deny Jesus's deity one question:

Who has the power to forgive sin?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Francis Arinze Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today / 2017 Prophecies of Pastor E A Zack Of Get Rich or Die Trying Ministry / Towards Building A New Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.