Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Ways To Keep The Peace With Roommates - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ways To Keep The Peace With Roommates (21677 Views)

Nigerian At Virginia State University Calls Cops For Noisy Roommates - Pictures / Struggles Of Having University Roommates (meme Collection) / Meet Two Roommates Who Graduated With First Class In UNIZK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways To Keep The Peace With Roommates by oluwashedy: 7:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
adebayor1490:
I hope I jam a better roommate o, no fit head all house rent fee na
I chose to accommodate roommates cuz of the rent fee, since the experience didn't augur well wif me, I had to look for an affordable house which the price is half of what I'd pay if the rent is was to be shared.

1st roommate contributes nothing buh eats the lion share.... More like being greedy

2nd roommate contributes tho buh eats/spend alot wifawt considering the future... He does run into debts because of that. He's so religious. I yaf warned and advice him tire my guy no gree.... Na 3rd class him carry leave him first year

As for me I'm not the foodie type. Asin I go about my days activities wifawt food as long as I have provision, garri and milk always reliable.
Re: Ways To Keep The Peace With Roommates by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 27, 2016
oluwashedy:
I chose to accommodate roommates cuz of the rent fee, since the experience didn't augur well wif me, I had to look for an affordable house which the price is half of what I'd pay if the rent is was to be shared.

1st roommate contributes nothing buh eats the lion share.... More like being greedy

2nd roommate contributes tho buh eats/spend alot wifawt considering the future... He does run into debts because of that. He's so religious. I yaf warned and advice him tire my guy no gree.... Na 3rd class him carry leave him first year

As for me I'm not the foodie type. Asin I go about my days activities wifawt food as long as I have provision, garri and milk always reliable.
ehn ehn, ok
Re: Ways To Keep The Peace With Roommates by Rockyrascal(m): 7:26am On Oct 27, 2016
ishowdotgmail:
All these long stories no mean anything

My own roommate wey dey carry babes come 24/7 dy lock me outside nko

Even if I con dy room dy read, na so so music the guy go dy jam sad

Re: Ways To Keep The Peace With Roommates by Codyt(m): 1:18pm On Oct 27, 2016
SAMBARRY:
You didn't talk about roomates who decide to blast music without caring whether you're having a siesta,reading or just want a quiet time

Talkative roomates.
Roomates who bring tons of friends to the room and the friends steal your stuff
Roommates friends sitting on your bed ,not only That eating on your bed and dropping left over rice on your bed
Those girls that are your roommates friends sitting with their bare yash on your bed and still giving you attitude till you give them a taste of their medicine
Roommates stealing your water during water scarcity
Tribal roomates who bring their friends to start speaking Yoruba ignore or Hausa language and
prayer warrior Roommates who had no regard for others sleeping at night and tags anyone who tells her to bring her voice down a witch
the Roommate that will bring her boyfriend in the room and be having sex at night while you're asleep

The night clubbers who will knock at the door at 3.30am to beg you to Open the door for them
The preacher roomate preaching to you that wearing trousers will take you to hell

The borrow borrow roomate.borrow maggi borrow matches borrow pot borrow slippers

The pregnant roomate that will be spitting and vomiting ever where
the married roommate who's husband is trying to famz you so you can help him monitor where his wife goes,which guy she talked to etc

The roommate who happens to be your coursemate but will never come to class.always going for one owanmbe to the other. If it's not her mother's 50th birthday it's her friends wedding ceremony or her uncle's burial ceremony. When exam time comes which she's oblivious of until you tell her that's when she'll start panicking and be begging you to borrow her your notes or text book or explain a topic to her .if you don't cold water has started
the roommate who has turned hostel to her permanent residence. 10 years she's still in school. She no wan graduate.When her mates are going for lectures she's sleeping. When she eventually wakes up in the afternoon she's watching movie or home video then in the evening she's going to her boyfriends house. You will never see her with books and if you ask her she will say that book the lecturer recommended is too expensive yet she doesn't mind buying an outfit for 15k yet a book of 2k is too expensive

Roommate that is always farting
fetish roomate always chanting incantations before going for runz
omo mummys roommate. The mother is always coming to greet her and wait in the room if she doesn't see her and come with rice and yam. Asking you whether she's not following boys as if you came to school to monitor her movements

The one with boyfriend drama. The boy will come to the room to wait for her whether he'll catch her with another man
The one the dad will call on phone from 4am to 7am to reign prayers and sermons for
The one that will call home if she needs any single thing.the father will now send the driver to drive all the way from Lagos to the east to bring bucket or sanitary pad onions and kellogs cornflakes for her and beg her to stay away from boys and go to only church or mosque

The weird dresser
The one who borrows money to do the latest hair or buy the latest clothes
the one that has all the provisions and very fashionable.she will bring everything to the hostel including what is not necessary
the weed smoker who's a cultist girlfriend always fond of dressing anyhow and behaving anyhow.anyone that dares talks to her for smoking weed in the room is in trouble
the one who every man wants to sleep with
the hottest roomate
the nerd/bookworm roommate
the local and razz roommate
the fake Behind wannabes always clinching to sophisticated girls and turn themselves to their errand girl just to belong and to be seen with them
the naturally sophisticated and posh girl
the village girl
the one that will be doing iya oko mi iyawo mi bullsht when the man in question knows who he wants or who he's dating. The roommate will be carrying cooked food for her imaginary supposed sister inlaw
the one with possessive husband that comes almost every weekend and begins to watch the wife's roomate to make his own personal judgment of her whether she's not a runz girl and always looking at the roomate such that she'll begin to feel uncomfortable

The roomate always famzing lecturer, going to the staff quarters to help lecturers wife wash plates so she can be in the good book of lecturer
the roomate that came to school to sell recharge card,egg,indomie, going from room to room selling clothes and in the process attracting people you're not even intrested in seeing OR taking with asking for your roommate and if you say she's not around they want to start a conversation with you
the roommate always forming attitude and lying till she's disgraced

I had a friend sef way back in school who was jisting me about her roommate who brought ijabe to school and was using it to do ewedu.the girl Will be eating fufu and ewedu at 11.30pm
Quite a lot of things brought up...

I think we must all try/learn to be tolerative. We meet with quite a number of people in our lives....

And as for the emboldened, that's nature grin. Believe me I'm a champion in that *overs face*
Re: Ways To Keep The Peace With Roommates by SAMBARRY: 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
Codyt:

Quite a lot of things brought up...

I think we must all try/learn to be tolerative. We meet with quite a number of people in our lives....

And as for the emboldened, that's nature grin. Believe me I'm a champion in that *overs face*
we all know it's natural but basic etiquette and civility says if you must pass out gas do that privately or in the toilet.it's irritating farting in the presence of others Who aren't your family. It's a different thing if you're in your house besides do you expect others to be inhaling your gas
Re: Ways To Keep The Peace With Roommates by Codyt(m): 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2016
SAMBARRY:
we all know it's natural but basic etiquette and civility says if you must pass out gas do that privately or in the toilet.it's irritating farting in the presence of others Who aren't your family. It's a different thing if you're in your house besides do you expect others to be inhaling your gas
Well said!!!

1 Like

Re: Ways To Keep The Peace With Roommates by megabeatsonline: 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2017
Nice thread. it's an eye opener. Do checkout my writeup on the same issue: It's a good
read! link:- http://koyescampus..co.ke/2017/10/roommate-rivalry.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Pictures 2017 Jambites Can Relate To / Covenant University Ranks 91st Best University Amongst Emerging Economies / JAMB Gives Update On 2019 UTME Exams Process, Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.