Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,504 members, 7,823,180 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo (2586 Views)

As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado / Top 10 Points To Keep Your Car Engine In Shape / This Is How Much Your Toyota Corolla Engine Will Cost You In Ladipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by sentix(m): 11:19am On Oct 25, 2016
Hi house

I seriously need your advise. I bought an engine in Ladipo but it packed up the following day. So I returned the car and engine to Ladipo but since then its been story and stories.

Please what can I do?

I have given then till tomorrow otherwise they should refund.

I need suggestions.
Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by mayor2013: 11:29am On Oct 25, 2016
sentix:
Hi house

I seriously need your advise. I bought an engine in Ladipo but it packed up the following day. So I returned the car and engine to Ladipo but since then its been story and stories.

Please what can I do?

I have given then till tomorrow otherwise they should refund.

I need suggestions.

What car engine is this? What do you mean by pack up? How did you get to move vechicle down to Ladipo? Were you not given a warranty prior to purchase?
Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by sentix(m): 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
Nissan quest

The valves are making noise is taping noise

The car starts fine moves OK but the valves are making very Loud noise.

I have 7 days warranty written on my receipt.

They accepted d engine back but they are now posting me.

[quoted author=mayor2013 post=50493648]

What car engine is this? What do you mean by pack up? How did you get to move vechicle down to Ladipo? Were you not given a warranty prior to purchase? [/quote]
Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by princemillla(m): 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
They won't refund u. But they would get u a working engine
Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by Autopartz: 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
sentix:
Nissan quest

The valves are making noise is taping noise

The car starts fine moves OK but the valves are making very Loud noise.

I have 7 days warranty written on my receipt.

They accepted d engine back but they are now posting me.

Please which area(street/complex) is the shop located where you bought the faulty engine in Ladipo(you don't need to include the shop number) so that we can identify the executives in charge of that association.
Send information to info@autopartz.com.
Let's see if we can assist.

4 Likes

Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by sentix(m): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
Thanks I got it from

Dr Chris Ngige Block 1
Aguiyi Ironsi Intl Trade Centre
Ladipo market

I will be so greatful o

I don't even need refund I need my car working

Autopartz:

Please which area(street/complex) is the shop located where you bought the faulty engine in Ladipo(you don't need to include the shop number) so that we can identify the executives in charge of that association.
Send information to info@autopartz.com.
Let's see if we can assist.
Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by Autopartz: 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
We contacted a top executive of the Aguiyi Ironsi Trade association (a.k.a Paramo) in Ladipo on your behalf, and he advised that you report the issue at the Task force office.
This is close to the main entrance of the market. Enquire about the Task force office as soon as you get to the main entrance.
Subsequently, the matter would be taken up.
However, the official suggests that you resort to this avenue when every effort to resolve the matter amicably has been exhausted.

We advise that you go there latest tomorrow.

Thanks
Autopartz

www.autopartz.com

4 Likes

Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by sentix(m): 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
Thanks so much.

Will do tomorrow.

Autopartz:
We contacted a top executive of the Aguiyi Ironsi Trade association (a.k.a Paramo) in Ladipo on your behalf, and he advised that you report the issue at the Task force office.
This is close to the main entrance of the market. Enquire about the Task force office as soon as you get to the main entrance.
Subsequently, the matter would be taken up.
However, the official suggests that you resort to this avenue when every effort to resolve the matter amicably has been exhausted.

We advise that you go there latest tomorrow.

Thanks
Autopartz

www.autopartz.com
Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:04pm On Oct 25, 2016
I will say somthing that will sound stupid, but it actually worked for me. I was in your shoes a few months ago with a nissan pathfinder 1998 with a VQ33 engine. It was the cleanest engine money could buy in that market, but when it started, it had a loud rattle sound. I called up the guy who sold it and he ran me in circles, So I decided to buy another engine, first to make the client happy, and solve the problem later. Before I did this, I tried something funny. I inspected the engine oil for flakes of metal, and there were none, so I started the engine, allowed it to warm up to 90deg By leaving the engine running idle for about 30mins. The engine oil light was off, signifying good oil pressur then I started reving it, held it at 2rpm. I revved engine for about 15mins constantly, ignoring the rattling noise and guess what? smiley the noise gradually faded away until all I could hear was a sweet purring V6 happy sound. What caused the noise was sticking valves, and luckily they became free, and iv never had any issues with the client or the vehicle since then. You might want to give it a try if you are sure the crankshaft bearings are still fine, and oil is being supplied properly by the oil pump.

Good luck.

P.S I hate nissan.

4 Likes

Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by AdisaOwala: 12:27am On Oct 26, 2016
This is exactly why it is better for a mechanic to buy such an important (costly) part on one's behalf - it would be on him to find a solution if this happens...

Ladipo is filled with fraudulent traders who would sweet-mouth their goods to high-heavens just to sell market to unsuspecting individuals. Once problem start like this, dem dey change mouth.

Boss, if you get Military connect, they might have to follow you there to "rough them up" a bit cos if you arent careful, those ladipo boys go dey play you sotay plenty time go don lapse untop the matter and by then, you wouldnt really have a case again.
Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by Marpol: 6:37am On Oct 26, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
I will say somthing that will sound stupid, but it actually worked for me. I was in your shoes a few months ago with a nissan pathfinder 1998 with a VQ33 engine. It was the cleanest engine money could buy in that market, but when it started, it had a loud rattle sound. I called up the guy who sold it and he ran me in circles, So I decided to buy another engine, first to make the client happy, and solve the problem later. Before I did this, I tried something funny. I inspected the engine oil for flakes of metal, and there were none, so I started the engine, allowed it to warm up to 90deg By leaving the engine running idle for about 30mins. The engine oil light was off, signifying good oil pressur then I started reving it, held it at 2rpm. I revved engine for about 15mins constantly, ignoring the rattling noise and guess what? smiley the noise gradually faded away until all I could hear was a sweet purring V6 happy sound. What caused the noise was sticking valves, and luckily they became free, and iv never had any issues with the client or the vehicle since then. You might want to give it a try if you are sure the crankshaft bearings are still fine, and oil is being supplied properly by the oil pump.

Good luck.

P.S I hate nissan.

I don catch you.
Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:42am On Oct 26, 2016
Marpol:

I don catch you.

Don't read literal meanings to every thing I write nah..... it's just a figure of speech. I'm in luv with your nissan grin
Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by sentix(m): 7:12am On Oct 26, 2016
I actually went with a mechanic who confirmed the engine was good. It was silent initially only for the noise to start after like 20km.

Am on my way there now. They claim it was the oil pump that failed.

Still confused if I should accept a repair or insist on another engine.

AdisaOwala:
This is exactly why it is better for a mechanic to buy such an important (costly) part on one's behalf - it would be on him to find a solution if this happens...

Ladipo is filled with fraudulent traders who would sweet-mouth their goods to high-heavens just to sell market to unsuspecting individuals. Once problem start like this, dem dey change mouth.

Boss, if you get Military connect, they might have to follow you there to "rough them up" a bit cos if you arent careful, those ladipo boys go dey play you sotay plenty time go don lapse untop the matter and by then, you wouldnt really have a case again.
Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by Marpol: 8:22am On Oct 26, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Don't read literal meanings to every thing I write nah..... it's just a figure of speech. I'm in luv with your nissan grin

Medicine after I don kill am for me!!!
Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by chillex8(m): 8:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
sentix:
I actually went with a mechanic who confirmed the engine was good. It was silent initially only for the noise to start after like 20km.

Am on my way there now. They claim it was the oil pump that failed.

Still confused if I should accept a repair or insist on another engine.

Update pls !!!!
Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by sentix(m): 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
Sorry for the delay.

Eventually got the engine fixed it was the oil pump that was bad but I got to know that my neighbours brother who has a shop in Ladipo actually inflated the cost of the engine.

In fact I was surprised, na was for people these days o.
Someone u think is helping you is actually, the one killing you.

They gave Me 30 days guaranteed signed in front of the association chairman.

Thanks everyone

chillex8:

Update pls !!!!
Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by Autopartz: 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2016
We are happy that this problem was eventually resolved, and with the Chairman of the association whom we contacted on Sentik's behalf, following through to its logical conclusion.

This has reaffirmed our belief in the conflict resolution process the market associations guaranteed us, are in place, especially the Ladipo Auto Spare Parts Dealers Association, to handle disputes arising from the procurement of auto parts and accessories from its members.

It was upon this belief that some of their interested registered members, registered their business details and auto parts inventory (across about 22 sub associations under the big umbrella Ladipo association) on our online marketplace www.autopartz.com.

It is however our advice that members of the public adhere to the following points when making payments for any auto parts or accessory from any auto spare parts store especially in the open market :

Firstly, go in the company of a trusted automotive technician whether it is a mechanic, rewire, a/c man, panel beater etc. That is if you don't want them to purchase on your behalf.

Secondly, ensure that a guarantee is given to you and it is well stated on the receipt. This guarantee differs from supplier to supplier and it depends on the Condition of the part (New, Tokunbo Belgium, Tokunbo Nigerian used, Salvaged), Originating Country of imported part, and Brand. It is the responsibility of the buyer and the inspecting auto technician to ensure that they are given the highest guarantee available in the market for the quality of the auto parts or accessories been negotiated for.

Thirdly if issues arise within the warranty period, report immediately to the task force of the market association. Structures have been put in place to give fair hearing to all parties as soon as these reports get to them, and appropriate sanctions are meted out to their erring members if they are found guilty.

We are not the market associations' advocates, but the happy ending of this Sentik's case(note that Sentik did not purchase via our portal) is a proof that they have the capacity to walk their talk. Hence, we will continue to strengthen our auditing and verification processes of interested association members, who would like to register on our portal, so that ugly incidences of this nature would be reduced to the barest minimum for those who decide to purchase auto parts and accessories via our online marketplace.

Thanks,
AutoPartz
www.autopartz.com (Nigeria's Premier Auto Parts Marketplace)

2 Likes

Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:55pm On Oct 28, 2016
sentix:

Sorry for the delay.

Eventually got the engine fixed it was the oil pump that was bad but I got to know that my neighbours brother who has a shop in Ladipo actually inflated the cost of the engine.

In fact I was surprised, na was for people these days o.
Someone u think is helping you is actually, the one killing you.

They gave Me 30 days guaranteed signed in front of the association chairman.

Thanks everyone

what was replaced? If you want to be sure engine is fine, take vehicle on a long trip, minimum 400k round trip drive at sustained speeds of 120km/hr, if the engine survives this then there's hope.

P.S hold money for tow truck as you do this

2 Likes

Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by colossus2: 9:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

what was replaced? If you want to be sure engine is fine, take vehicle on a long trip, minimum 400k round trip drive at sustained speeds of 120km/hr, if the engine survives this then there's hope.

Why are you like this cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo by sentix(m): 9:10am On Oct 29, 2016
Thanks.

I have been firing about 25km everyday for the past 5 days. Been in serious traffic, etc. High speed just to test the engine. Seems to be doing dine but I go pass 400km before warranty finish.

GAZZUZZ:

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Of The Most Reliable Cars 2018. You wont believe #1 and #4 / Fairly Used 2016 Toyota Corolla For Sale / How Good & Strong Is Totoya Yaris 2007 Compared To Corolla 2006

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.