Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Toyota Corolla Issue-guys I Need Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla Issue-guys I Need Help (2610 Views)

Please Help Guys. I Want To Buy A Car / Guys I Need Ur Help,can U List The Local Names Nigerian Call All Brand Of Cars.. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Corolla Issue-guys I Need Help by ugobanks: 7:14am On Oct 04, 2014
Hi guys, i need your technical guidance.My car goes off while driving.It has happened a number of times and i am really getting uncomfortable. The mechanic has tried to change a fuse relay but it still continued. I even think he doesn't understand clearly what the issue is.

I was thinking of scanning the car to detect any possible issue. I just think the car scanning might not clearly point out what the issue is. I might be wrong. I don't even have up to a year driving experience with cars.

please is there any technical guidance you guys can recommend. it is a toyota corolla 2010.
Re: Toyota Corolla Issue-guys I Need Help by chukel(m): 7:42am On Oct 04, 2014
ugobanks: Hi guys, i need your technical guidance.My car goes off while driving.It has happened a number of times and i am really getting uncomfortable. The mechanic has tried to change a fuse relay but it still continued. I even think he doesn't understand clearly what the issue is.

I was thinking of scanning the car to detect any possible issue. I just think the car scanning might not clearly point out what the issue is. I might be wrong. I don't even have up to a year driving experience with cars.

please is there any technical guidance you guys can recommend. it is a toyota corolla 2010.
go scan that car if there is a check engine light. Unless u have cash to throw around
Re: Toyota Corolla Issue-guys I Need Help by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 04, 2014
you gat a free scan if you are in Abuja. 08034533668
Re: Toyota Corolla Issue-guys I Need Help by sultaan(m): 6:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
A 2010 Corolla is not the usual guess work type it is a high tech machine.

It is a easy fix it you pay attention to what light comes on when it happens or what light goes off.

The first question here is what kind of work did a mechanic do to your car just before this problem started and do you have a check engine light on?
Re: Toyota Corolla Issue-guys I Need Help by ugobanks: 10:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
sultaan:
A 2010 Corolla is not the usual guess work type it is a high tech machine.

It is a easy fix it you pay attention to what light comes on when it happens or what light goes off.

The first question here is what kind of work did a mechanic do to your car just before this problem started and do you have a check engine light on?

thanks for the contribution. He took off the security installed by the previous owner. Do you think he might have tampered with something in the process?
Re: Toyota Corolla Issue-guys I Need Help by sultaan(m): 1:20am On Oct 05, 2014
ugobanks:

thanks for the contribution. He took off the security installed by the previous owner. Do you think he might have tampered with something in the process?

If there is a check engine line scan for the fault first, there are people here willing to scan it for free if there is no CEL they the mechanic will have to double check the wiring of the alarm he removed to make sure the wiring is returned to factory connection
Re: Toyota Corolla Issue-guys I Need Help by ugobanks: 6:14am On Oct 05, 2014
sultaan:

If there is a check engine line scan for the fault first, there are people here willing to scan it for free if there is no CEL they the mechanic will have to double check the wiring of the alarm he removed to make sure the wiring is returned to factory connection
Pls is there anyone you could refer me to for the scanning. I need someone who is very good.
Re: Toyota Corolla Issue-guys I Need Help by ugobanks: 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
sultaan:

tat
I have scanned the car. The error codes are : P0705 Description inhibitor switch(P.N.D.L) Status: faulty wiring and connection. Faulty inhibitor switch
Re: Toyota Corolla Issue-guys I Need Help by mayor2013: 5:02am On Oct 07, 2014
So the person who scanned the car for you couldn't explain the meaning of this fault code to you. Anyways this fault relates to a transmission fault code. The swtich is located on the body of the transmission its either its unconnected or the swtich itself is bad or dirty. But this can't make your car stall while driving. What the swtich does is to send a signal to your TCM or ECM when engaging your transmission. If that was the only fault code that was seen. A more profesional scanning needs to be done.as for me I would have done a data stream which would reveal more issues about the car. Now the first thing that should be looked at here to fix your problem here a tune up is needed which involves changing of your spark plugs, checking of your fuel pump pressure, servicing of your inlet manifold, servicing of your injector noozles and your fuel rails.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can Some1 Tell Me the Latest Jeep In Town? Manufacturer Toyota. / 8 Things That Reduce Your Car’s Fuel Economy / 2015 Rav4 Is Under Valued And Under Paid, Says Nigerian Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.