Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,568 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) (3605 Views)

"My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" / After 17yrs Of Bareness, Nigerian Couple Blessed With Sextuplet Share Grownphoto / 16-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter/Will Before Her Death In The North. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by thorpido(m): 12:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
She's just a young girl whose feelings are unsettled at her age,probably infatuated.
You're matured enough to leave her if you want to.I wonder why that is a problem for you.What happened to your colleagues at work na Op?

5 Likes

Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 27, 2016
Ujoan:

Do you even know the health implications of birthing a child at 15? Women did it back in the day, not out of choice, but duty! It doesn't make it right . . . That's why civilization abolished such things like under-aged marriages and slavery.

So do you think because our forefathers used slaves,we should continue doing so undecided

To be honest, I couldn't tell categorically but I also haven't given it thought as I have no interest in being in such a situation. Yet, I assume 15 year old the world over birth children, yes, even in the US, the bastion of all that's right with himans. I also know childbirth is a risk for women of all ages.

Whether out of choice or duty, it was done and here we are as a species, alive and kicking and advancing. I'm sure quite a sizeable number of nairalanders were birthed by teenaged mothers, maybe we should conduct a poll?

But my comment, which was tongue-in-cheek by the way, specifically addressed what God thought was appropriate, a teenage Mary bearing children. In fact, so appropriate was it that she was assigned the prestigious task of bringing the Saviour of the world to the world. Are you claiming to be more knowledgeable than God or wiser than He? Hmmmm.

Anyway, your comment about slavery is completely irrelevant to this discussion. Bans and abolishments are effected according to the belief of the times that they are effected. Coffee was banned, marijuana is largely illegal in the world, a group are asking that paedophilia be treated as a legitimate sexual proclivity, some say as a mental disorder, an increasing number are saying it shouldn't be a crime, I could go on for days.

My point? Let's stick to the topic at hand, without adding irrelevancies. If you like to discuss my thoughts on slavery, open a thread and invite me, I might oblige.
Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by zeb04(f): 12:49pm On Oct 27, 2016
At 33? cry

3 Likes

Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2016
Timbuktou:

To be honest, I couldn't tell categorically but I also haven't given it thought as I have no interest in being in such a situation. Yet, I assume 15 year old the world over birth children, yes, even in the US, the bastion of all that's right with himans. I also know childbirth is a risk for women of all ages.

Whether out of choice or duty, it was done and here we are as a species, alive and kicking and advancing. I'm sure quite a sizeable number of nairalanders were birthed by teenaged mothers, maybe we should conduct a poll?

But my comment, which was tongue-in-cheek by the way, specifically addressed what God thought was appropriate, a teenage Mary bearing children. In fact, so appropriate was it that she was assigned the prestigious task of bringing the Saviour of the world to the world. Are you claiming to be more knowledgeable than God or wiser than He? Hmmmm.

Anyway, your comment about slavery is completely irrelevant to this discussion. Bans and abolishments are effected according to the belief of the times that they are effected. Coffee was banned, marijuana is largely illegal in the world, a group are asking that paedophilia be treated as a legitimate sexual proclivity, some say as a mental disorder, an increasing number are saying it shouldn't be a crime, I could go on for days.

My point? Let's stick to the topic at hand, without adding irrelevancies. If you like to discuss my thoughts on slavery, open a thread and invite me, I might oblige.

Mary also had an immaculate conception, so it's safe to say she had a supernatural childbirth. I mean she had her child in a barn, surrounded by animals. Would it be wise then to send your 14 YO into the labour room because 'Mary did it' Jesus also turned water into wine and made 2 fishes feed a whole city. I'd like to see you try that one too. Attempting to understand or even explain the ways of God is pure folly. Christianity is based on mysteries - unexplained incidents. Don't try to use them as a yardstick for your arguments.

I assume you are educated, so you can research the best child bearing age and why. . . Then maybe you will realize thay the risks are almost sure in some ages and very slim in others. Common sense dictates that you wait till the risks are reasonable reduced. I'm really surprising that you would be so dismissive about teenage pregnancies and even venture to justify it. embarassed

I like simplifying things for people like you by using analogies you can relate to. That doesn't mean I'm dicussing that topic. So try to understand this. . . . You saying that childbirth is a risk of women of all ages is equivalent to saying that driving is a risk for the everyone, even drunk drivers! !!

In the USA sex with a minor is considered a crime. So when a minor has a child it's not a norm. Yes it happens, just as under aged marriages happen all over the world. But does that make it right? Common sense is there for all to explore.

Also, you indirectly brought slavery into this by making reference to what our parents did. May I also point out that they walked about naked too? undecided

And try not to go wild trying to justify your really flawed PoV, you just might hurt yourself. Every generation has it's own values and norms. But biology doesn't change. There was high rates of maternal and infant mortality back then, so people of today are trying to do things right and save both mother and child. And here you are trying to take us back where we are coming from. SMH!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
Ujoan:

Mary also had an immaculate conception, so it's safe to say she had a supernatural childbirth. I mean she had her child in a barn, surrounded by animals. Would it be wise then to send your 14 YO into the labour room because 'Mary did it' Jesus also turned water into wine and made 2 fishes feed a whole city. I'd like to see you try that one too. Attempting to understand or even explain the ways of God is pure folly. Christianity is based on mysteries - unexplained incidents. Don't try to use them as a yardstick for your arguments.
You know, I did say my reference to the Bible was tongue-in-cheek. Anyone who's read my comments in this section knows I don't really believe Bible stories. Anyway, let me oblige you. Let's say Mary and Jesus are real, was she the only Israelite woman that could have children? Why did God find he to be perfect for His plans? Also, what about Jesus's other siblings assuming they must have come in close after He did considering the times they lived in, did they also have supernatural gestation periods like Bros J did? If not, did Mary practise some form of birth control that saw her giving birth at the medically appropriate periods to do so? Or did she just pop them out closely following Jesus without supernatural gestation and childbirth as God was done with her? I would need your answers to these genuine questions. You're, after all, a flaming Christian.

I assume you are educated, so you can research the best child bearing age and why. . . Then maybe you will realize thay the risks are almost sure in some ages and very slim in others. Common sense dictates that you wait till the risks are reasonable reduced. I'm really surprising that you would be so dismissive about teenage pregnancies and even venture to justify it. embarassed
The existence, or not, of my education should be apparent to anyone with discretion or, at the very least, any modicum of common sense. Whether I research or not is irrelevant. I'm surprised your surplus common sense didn't tell you that since I know pregnancy is a risk for women of childbearing age, some would ages(I'm sure those at the tails of the graph) are more at risk than others. My point still stands, millions of teenagers birth healthy children every year and live long enough to raise them. Millions of women medically assumed to be of optimum cjild-beating age die within the 9 months and at childbirth. Again, I could go on and on. But, I'm assuming your brain is catching up.

I like simplifying things for people like you by using analogies you can relate to. That doesn't mean I'm dicussing that topic. So try to understand this. . . . You saying that childbirth is a risk of women of all ages is equivalent to saying that driving is a risk for the everyone, even drunk drivers! !!
Says the professor who has no idea what "tongue-in-cheek" means. I should speak Igbo so you'll understand me. Your grasp of English is poor, which is why this back-and-forth even exists.
So, my comment about childbirth being dangerous to all women of childbearing age isn't wrong then? Alright.

In the USA sex with a minor is considered a crime. So when a minor has a child it's not a norm. Yes it happens, just as under aged marriages happen all over the world. But does that make it right? Common sense is there for all to explore.
Yet, millions of teens are getting knocked up yearly in the USofA, mostly by men of their age grade or even younger. Something youre too educated to know, but which is irrelevant to thisbthread.
I think you just want to talk with me, otherwise, I fail to understand how your very educated eyes missed my advice to the OP, telling him to wait till the babe is 18 when he can legally marry her. I know there are no such laws protecting units in Nigeria, if only we could be colonised by the USofA. *sigh.

Also, you indirectly brought slavery into this by making reference to what our parents did. May I also point out that they walked about naked too? undecided
Indirectly did what? grin. You sound hungry. If you were educated you would know that eating helps the brain function better, which is clearly lagging here. Did I also indirectly include Lord Lugard, and McPherson and Lyttleton et all? grin grin. And I thought Mindy was bad. Hey, how about you mention Mungo Park?

And try not to go wild trying to justify your really flawed PoV, you just might hurt yourself. Every generation has it's own values and norms. But biology doesn't change. There was high rates of maternal and infant mortality back then, so people of today are trying to do things right and save both mother and child. And here you are trying to take us back where we are coming from. SMH!
Chai. With all your education, you haven't been able to deduce that my POV was me just fooling around? You must either be over-educated or I'm poorly-educated/lack education. Anyway, thanks for the SS1 biology lessons. Now I can face the world.

1 Like

Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by Onegai(f): 7:54am On Oct 28, 2016
mylogic111,

Brah, go for it!

C'mon, your britches are itching and instead of opening threads up and down, looking for all sorts of justifications even in the face of general condemnation and the girl's mother frowning upon your friendship with her teenage daughter, just do it. Like Nike. wink

I mean, I'm currently surrounded by 16 to 25 year olds and we aren't having deep conversations (though I've seen some I'd like to have "deep mature conversations" with wink) but you seem to have a knack for it, so go for it!

But before you rush out and get that new set of bedsheets (her tender butt is still used to the scratchy checked bedspreads of her secondary school days), shave your armpits or chest hair (so it doesn't scratch her young skin) and drink burantashi in preparation (most guys in their 30s aren't as vigourous as they would like), do us all a favour, PLEASE:

DON'T CHANGE YOUR MONIKER ANYTIME

smiley

So that maybe next year, when her belly is swelling and her family is demanding you act like a responsible fellow, and you find yourself noticing her "bad, evil, wayward personality" (men only notice girls' naughty wickedness when their sins have caught up to them and belle don dey swell)

or

when she finally finds a 25 year old with a bank job who has 5 more years to get his salary upto N150,000 monthly and he knows the lyrics to Tekno's "Pana" song (which you don't as it's mostly 30 year olds hitting the clubs who do), and you find yourself bitter and biting your nails in pained silence

biko, do us all a favour: use your old moniker to come back and update us. We love to be entertained here. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by Dyt(f): 9:25am On Oct 28, 2016
Onegai:
mylogic111,

Brah, go for it!

C'mon, your britches are itching and instead of opening threads up and down, looking for all sorts of justifications even in the face of general condemnation and the girl's mother frowning upon your friendship with her teenage daughter, just do it. Like Nike. wink

I mean, I'm currently surrounded by 16 to 25 year olds and we aren't having deep conversations (though I've seen some I'd like to have "deep mature conversations" with wink) but you seem to have a knack for it, so go for it!

But before you rush out and get that new set of bedsheets (her tender butt is still used to the scratchy checked bedspreads of her secondary school days), shave your armpits or chest hair (so it doesn't scratch her young skin) and drink burantashi in preparation (most guys in their 30s aren't as vigourous as they would like), do us all a favour, PLEASE:

DON'T CHANGE YOUR MONIKER ANYTIME

smiley

So that maybe next year, when her belly is swelling and her family is demanding you act like a responsible fellow, and you find yourself noticing her "bad, evil, wayward personality" (men only notice girls' naughty wickedness when their sins have caught up to them and belle don dey swell)

or

when she finally finds a 25 year old with a bank job who has 5 more years to get his salary upto N150,000 monthly and he knows the lyrics to Tekno's "Pana" song (which you don't as it's mostly 30 year olds hitting the clubs who do), and you find yourself bitter and biting your nails in pained silence

biko, do us all a favour: use your old moniker to come back and update us. We love to be entertained here. Thank you.

I read every sentence and I have tears in my eyes
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Rotflmao
Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by Acidosis(m): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2016
Your friend like any other woman out there fell in love with their "teachers" and "uncles" at some points in their teenage lives.

Do I marry her?

No bro, you won't marry her. Over 99% of women who fell in love with their "uncles" and teachers in school as of today don't know the whereabout of the so called uncles. It is one of those things that will pass and fade away.

1 Like

Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by Funjosh(m): 10:24am On Oct 28, 2016
33 to 17, bra give her some months make she clock 18 Biko embarassed
Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by Ishilove: 6:37am On Oct 29, 2016
mylogic111:

thank you all for your advice but there is o way i can leave her cos i'm not holding her ...i dont call her and i dont chat her.
it wont be right if i refuse to respond to her. let me keep responding to her and see wat happens when she grow up.
What happened to blocking her number?

1 Like

Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 29, 2016
Lol...
The difference between 17 and 18 is just 1...
Some people suddenly think a woman becomes magically mature as soon as she turns 18 while a 17 year old is still a baby... See them shouting paedophile up and down...
Guy, just wait till next year.......

I am more bothered about her "mental and emotional maturity" than the sexual one... An 18 year old isnt more sexually mature than a 17 year old....
Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by cococandy(f): 7:16am On Oct 29, 2016
No difference between an 18 yr old and 17 yr old?
Same way there's no difference between 17 and 16 yr old. And a 16/15 yr old. We can justify it that way all the way down to the fetal age.

That line is there for a reason. If you can't leave her then wait. As long as it takes.

Personally even if she turns 18, I still think you should leave her alone. I'm not one who frowns on age difference between couples but at 18 she's still too immature for you. If she was 25, I wouldn't blink at her marrying a 40yr old if she wants to. I'm convinced that at that age she will be better able to handle the 15yr age difference between herself and her man than a green horn 18yr old would.

1 Like

Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 29, 2016
cococandy:
No difference between an 18 yr old and 17 yr old?
Same way there's no difference between 17 and 16 yr old. And a 16/15 yr old. We can justify it that way all the way down to the fetal age.

That line is there for a reason. If you can't leave her then wait. As long as it takes.

Personally even if she turns 18, I still think you should leave her alone. I'm not one who frowns on age difference between couples but at 18 she's still too immature for you. If she was 25, I wouldn't blink at her marrying a 40yr old if she wants to. I'm convinced that at that age she will be better able to handle the 15yr age difference between herself and her man than a green horn 18yr old would.
undecided

Baloney!
Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by sisisioge: 9:06am On Oct 29, 2016
Whew!

Oga, if you want the girl by force by fire. Wait till she's 18yrs then declare your interest openly. Let her people know you are the bf.

Pro...

1. You have a freshie caught young.
2. You are gonna have a loyal girlfriend who listens to you like you are the law.
3. Won't it be just nice to show of a youngie to your friends?
4. Her immediately needs might be inexpensive... her warawara can't be more than recharge cards and petty things you could afford.
5. You have a woman who hasn't seen too much to match wits with you.

Con...
1. Her parents might sign off her educational expenses to you.
2. A few years down the line, the girl might want to really see the world.
3. After all your invested time, efforts and finance, girl might just decide to fall for her classmate like kilode! After all, matters of the hearts can't be helped. Deal with it or calculate all you have spent for refund.

Anyways, life is too short to be too serious. Wait a bit and take the shot. You might just win...or lose.
Re: My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE) by Officialzoe: 11:13pm On Sep 16, 2017
greatnaija01:
bros bros

at 33 the same age Jesus was changing lives and touching his world

at 33 the same age Linda ikeji had started making millions

at 33 where many are climbing career heights is where you are having ISSUES with your 'would be' daughter's age mate [if you married at 18yrs]

IT SHOWS HOW LOW YOUR COMMUNICATION QUOTIENT is o.... AT 33 you should never even consider someone for beauty or boobs but for MATURE INTELLIGENCE and you should be the one reporting her to her mum....

IF YOU WERE MAKING CONSIDERABLE PROGRESS IN YOUR CHOSEN FIELD IN LIFE.... SHE WOULD NOT EVEN FEATURE ANYWHERE IN YOUR WORLD.... but for her to maintain contact with you... bros CHANGE YOUR LINE, YOUR ENVIRONMENT OR CHURCH OR JOB.... before you become a pedophile when she gets more mature and discovers she was just infatuated by you and finally DUMPS you.

YOUR ARE HAVING A MENTAL RECESSION TO EVEN CONSIDER THIS RUBBISH

LMAOOOOOOOO THIS GUY IS MAD LMAOOOOOO

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Controversy Regarding Female Ejaculation / 26 Wrong Motives For Marriage / Sad! Scott Disick's Dad Dies 2 Months After His Mum Passed Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.