Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

26 Wrong Motives For Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 26 Wrong Motives For Marriage (3611 Views)

If You Didn't Play With These Dolls As A Girl,you Are N't Ripe For Marriage@pic / 26 Things That Happen When You Grow Up In An African house / Correct Motives For Women Getting Good Western Education & Certficates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

26 Wrong Motives For Marriage by nenergy(m): 4:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. (Ephesians 5:31, KJV)
The “cause” in the above scripture means reason. People get married for many different reasons. I just listened to an inspirational message by Pastor Ezekiel Atang(http://www.godshouseofrefugeng.org/potrait_of_the_refuge.htm) and here are 26 wrong motives for marriage.
1. Sexual pressure: marrying because you don’t what to fornicate. So what happens after 3 months of constant sex? Sex dey tire person o!
2. Because you are of age: Age is not a qualifier for marriage, but maturity.
3. Because your mates are getting married: We don’t all have the same timing and destiny.
4. To feel among: To belong to a class:
5. To make your parents happy: “Hmmn Bayo, I need grand-children o
6. To get back at an EX or someone: Someone dumped or insulted you, so you marry to revenge. I.e So you can send your EX your wedding Invite.
7. To make your friends happy: Your friend’s opinion
8. To prove a point: Someone said you can’t marry, so you marry to prove them wrong.
9. To earn respect: If you aren’t respected while single, marriage won’t’ change it. i.e matting to be called madam
10. As part of preparation to travel abroad: You are relocating or got a job abroad and you want to quickly marry before going abroad.
11. Marrying for green card: Visa marriages.
12. To bear children: This shouldn’t be a reason to marry. If you want children, go and adopt.
13. To position yourself economically, politically or ministerially: Marrying because of what you can gain through the marriage. E.g contract from political in-laws.
14. To improve financial standing: So your spouse can take care of you.
15. For membership of a cub or association: “You can’t join our club unless you are married”. So you got married just to join.
16. To compensate someone for a king gesture/ you hurt them: Because he helped your family during a challenging period doesn’t mean you must marry him. Or because she is pregnant for you.
17. Marrying out of sympathy: She is disadvantaged or challenged, so you took pity on her and married her? One day you might regret and will tell her… “I pitied you that is why I married you o”
18. Marrying simply because you both have a favourable genotype: You ended your engagement because of Genotype issues, so you jump into marriage with the next available person with AA.
19. Because he/she is nice: niceness shouldn’t be a paramount reason. “Prov 31:30; Favour is deceitful”. (KJV)
20. Because of beauty/handsomeness: Beautiful will fade, 6- pack will change to 1-pack.lol “Prov 31:30;and beauty is vain”.(KJV)
21. To be complete: Backstreet boys sang “incomplete”, but TRUE fulfilment and completeness comes from God not marriage “Col 2:10;And ye are complete in him” (KJV)
22. The person’s intelligence: Because she is a doctor or he is smart. These can be one of many reasons, but not the main.
23. Because he/she is from you tribe: Because he/she is Hausa, Ibo, Yoruba etc
24. Because she is a virgin: Because she isn’t a virgin doesn’t make her promiscuious.
25. Because he/she is spiritual or active in church: Church activity doesn’t guarantee marital bliss.
26. Because you don’t want to be alone: You can be alone, but not lonely.
May God help us not marry for the wrong motives in Jesus name!
Coming soon….Right reasons to get married!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 26 Wrong Motives For Marriage by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2012
Some marry and start suffering thier children because they dont have enough money to provide for them:why marry if you cant provide for your family

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right When The Wife Washes Her Husband's Clothes? / OMG My Junior Sister Just Beat Up My Mom. / Would You Write Your Own Marital Vows Or Stick With The Conventional Vows?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.