Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? (1145 Views)

How Will You Be Celebrating Your Easter Today? / Can A Church Be Under Occultic Powers? / Your Birth Day Was Actually Your Death Date And You Should Not Be Celebrating It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2016
Please this is a very serious issue, and am not happy about it. Will be grateful if this could be taken to the front page.

I attended a service on the second of October 2016. If you see the ways they celebrated Nigeria independent day, you will marvel.

What has the church of God turned into?

We were instructed to fast and pray for Nigeria that this country will surely become great again.

Believe me i was very disappointed when i saw this. Even they also gave us a flag of Nigeria each to take home.

I know some individuals here will also be disappointed for hearing these from me

Hmmm the church has completely lost it, i just pray that he God should do something faster before thing completely goes out of hand.

Can we briefly looked into the bible again.

John 16; 33.
These things have i spoken before, in me you might have peace, in the world you shall have tribulation... Just name it. But in me you shall have PEACE.

John 17; 6 i have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gave me out of the world (Nigeria) thine they were, and thou gavest them me, and they have kept thy word. Verse 9 i pray for them (church) i pray not for the world (Nigeria) but for them which thou has given me, for they are thine. (church) you can hear it from the horses mouth himself?

Pls follow me. Verse 14, I have given them thy word, and the world hath hated them because they are not of the world, even as am not of the WORLD. Vs 15 i pray not that you should take them out of the world, but that you should keep them from Evil.
Vs 16. He repeat they are not of the world even as am not of the world. Which independent is the church /christians were celebrating actually [/b]
Pls before i go further permit me to ask this question gain?

Pls hold on a bit. Lets see the book of act.

Acts ch 1;6 reads. When they therefore were come together (church) they ask of him, saying Lord will thou at this Time restored again Nigeria its lost glory and kingdom? Vs 7 and he said to them it is not for you to know the Times or seasons which the father had put in his own power.

But you shall receive [b]power, after that the holy Ghost is come upon you
. And you shall be witness both in Judea and in Nigeria and to the uttermost part of the earth.

Now can you see that the church has lost it completely? Today the church has been mixed up with the world. To be continue..
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
.The isrealites also have the same problem when Jesus was around.

The Jews have been waiting for a saviour, warriour or a king who will deliver them from the will or from the power of their enemies.
that's was when Jesus showed up, even John the baptist also misunderstood him to an extend.

But unfortunately they were disapointed.

Jesus did not come for the world to have a phisical independent, freedom or be loose from the power of their phisical enemies but a spiritual ones.

There was a time the Jews wanted to make him a king by force, but the bible said when he knew of their plans, he escape and avoid them for a season. pls read ur bible again. And what does that singular action showed you?

You remember when someone was casting his teeth on him? you said you came to save us, why don't you save urself and comedown from the cross and we will believe.

My dear, the church of God has completely lost it. And they were now doing a differents things altogether. instead of you praying for the world.Eg. your country., pls pray for the church. They were nolonger on the right tracks.

pls don't be decieved by that insription on the u.s dollar. Where they said in God we trust. They were not reffering to the real God. you will not understand what am saying here.
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
.Today immorality and wordliness of all sort has been introduced in the churches. you see pastors inviting comedians and worldly musicians into the church of God under the disguised of evangelism, expansion and develpment of the church. sometimes they will say they were looking for funds. And even the ones that were getting it before have suddenly fall into the same old trap of the devil. I don't know other ways to pass this masage to the bublic. Mmmmm before I stop let me even broke this sad news to the public.

A brother in my wife church who used to preach every morning. A mountain of prayer branch at okeodo pleasure alimosho. on Thursday were going to work but entered an evil bus. They use knife to cut of his tontue and he manage to get general hospital, but the doctors were all looking at him and could or did not attend to him with pool of blood. But when his family finnaly took him to another hospital he gave up on the road. Is this types of thing proper?

If you like I can give you the address of his house.

Do you, think if that man was a rich man wouldn't the doctors attended to him immedietely?

I actually wanted to creat a thread about it, but for the absent of pictures I decided to forget about it.

Our hope can never be in this nation, especially the chuch but in God only. Even America haves their own challanges. I can go on and on.
But pls if you do share the same things with me, I will be happy to see your contributions.

The gate of hell will never prevailed against the church God. Amen.
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
Yes before I closed I know someone will definetely quote me concerning this.Jeremiah 29; vs 7 chapter and verse of the bible. where Jeremiah said we should seek for the peace of the nations were we finds ourselves. That when the country have peace we will also have peace.
Hmm but Jesus said otherwise. he said in the country you will not have peace but in me you shall have peace.

but another things I will like you to observes is, since that words from Jeremiah has isreal ever know peace had they not been battling from one war to the other even uptill date? 2 The Jews were not even christian in the first place. The church should understand the different between her and the world.
So i totally not in support for the churches of God to take part in politics and independent.[b][/b]
Thanks and God bless his church.
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
So Christians should not be patriotic? This is why I say over religiousness is killing nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:
So Christians should not be patriotic? This is why I say over religiousness is killing nigeria.

It is because you a have very wrong view, understanding, impression, consept, meaning and interpretation of who a Christian is. And that's why the world is in this shambled and corrupt state.

And lets i forget, can you tell me why did Jesus avoids this earthly throne/rulership when they wanted to make him a king

John 6;15. Reads. And when Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself along. Now can you see that? He want all the way to a mountain in other to avoid them.

Yet this Same Jesus is a born king. You know the story about his birth. So can you tell me what pastor osibanjo doing in Asorock?

And who are we suppose to
emulate?

And i will not be surprise when you will also tell me that Joseph or Daniel was also king or or second in command?

This why so many people parading here as Christian does not know fad about the bible. I can put it to you that they don't even know God.

You talk about politics.

Oga that throne is, was, were never established by righteousness. I don't want to go deep.

Satan/demon is always in charged and whatever he has decided is what those people will do.

Jesus told herod my kingdom is not of these world, if it was so, my servants/engels would have fight and they shouldn't haven been able to bring me to this place... John 18;36.

What has light have to do with darkness?
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by analice107: 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2016
Where did you copy all that from?
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Joagbaje(m): 12:19am On Oct 26, 2016
@op before we make condemnation we need to ask questions first. If memory serve me right . I think the first church to start the independence movement is Cec. "Reachout nigeria campaign . The idea is to stir up nation building consciousness . With the ideology that . Americans developed America, Japanese developed Japan Indians developed India . Americans won't come and develop Nigeria . Nigeria can only be built by Nigerians . So using the marking of Nigerian Independence Day to celebrate our possibilities. So what is being celebrated is the possibilities of a desired future . Everyone contributing their part in nation building by exhibiting patriotism .
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2016
Joagbaje:

@op before we make condemnation we need to ask questions first. If memory serve me right . I think the first church to start the independence movement is Cec. "Reachout nigeria campaign . The idea is to stir up nation building consciousness . With the ideology that . Americans developed America, Japanese developed Japan Indians developed India . Americans won't come and develop Nigeria . Nigeria can only be built by Nigerians . So using the marking of Nigerian Independence Day to celebrate our possibilities. So what is being celebrated is the possibilities of a desired future . Everyone contributing their part in nation building by exhibiting patriotism .

thank you for your contribution. But i don't think it is the duty of the church. May be you did not understand the meaning and the roll of church?

Church is another kingdom, while the world has her own kingdom

Besides whenever i heard people talking of Judgement it makes me laugh.

Initially i thought you wanted to say the first church to celebrate independent is from the bible. I was like pls kindly give the chpt and the bible verses.

The church have actually missed it, take it or leave it.

Unless we go back to the drawing board.

Thank you.
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 12:54pm On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:
Where did you copy all that from?

Sorry i didn't get it.

Pls specify what you re trying to say.

Moreover i have given you some bible proof.

You wanted me to fight you. But i will hold my peace. Good day.
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by analice107: 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2016
Genesis2000:

Sorry i didn't get it.

Pls specify what you re trying to say.
Moreover i have given you some bible proof.
You wanted me to fight you. But i will hold my peace. Good day.
Good day to you too.
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

Good day to you too.

You know what make this so funny? You re my friend in my other Moniker. Anyway such is life. grin
analice107:

Good day to you too.

You know what make this so funny? You re my friend in my other Moniker. Anyway such is life.
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by analice107: 2:40pm On Oct 26, 2016
Genesis2000:

You know what make this so funny? You re my friend in my other Moniker. Anyway such is life. grin

You know what make this so funny? You re my friend in my other Moniker. Anyway such is life.
Oh really? Sorry pls. which is your other Moniker?

But I was not against you here, i just wanted to start a conversation but u took it as an attack, that scared me off.
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 2:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
Who else have any contribution to make ? Did you think it is proper for the church to engage in worldly activities?
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

Oh really? Sorry pls. which is your other Moniker?

But I was not against you here, i just wanted to start a conversation but u took it as an attack, that scared me off.

Lol. That's ok. Hmmm i Don't think it is proper for me to reveal my other moniker here. I only created this when i was in distress.

You were talking about coping and pasting, which also got me confused.

I just decided to create a thread about my experienced in a church i attended last, the way they celebrated independence. Weather it is proper for the churches of God to engage in a worldly activities as such?

That if Jesus was around physically today will he also honour such activities? Will he be part part of them to distribute flag s of Israel to the church members? Will he eat and dine with them and say the church member should pray for the greatness and kingdom of Israel?

Will like to see your takes on these.

God bless you.
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2016
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by analice107: 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2016
Genesis2000:

That if Jesus was around physically today will he also honour such activities? Will he be part part of them to distribute flag s of Israel to the church members? Will he eat and dine with them and say the church member should pray for the greatness and kingdom of Israel?

Will like to see your takes on these.

God bless you.
Ok, no shakes, anytime you are on ur other Moniker, let me know.

okay lets see.

Lets start with this...

Matthew 22:17-21 The Pharisees came to Jesus tempting him saying "Tell us then what You think about this: Is it lawful to pay tribute [levied on individuals and to be paid yearly] to Caesar or not?
But Jesus, aware of their malicious plot, asked, Why do you put Me to the test and try to entrap Me, you pretenders (hypocrites)? Show me the money used for the tribute.
And they brought Him a denarius. And Jesus said to them, Whose likeness and title are these? They said, Caesar’s.
Then He said to them, Pay therefore to Caesar the things that are due to Caesar, and pay to God the things that are due to God.

You may ask why i brought this up, but let me say something here before i go on to the main issue.
Tax is a National Tribute everywhere in the world. It has nothing to do with Spirituality. It caters for the Nation's Infrastructures like electricity, Pipe Bond Water, Education, healthcare and Transportation. It generally helps the government run its facilities.
But here comes Jesus, very radical, preaching a new kingdom different from the already existing one. Calling Rulers and Lawyers names. One would think, since his Kingdom was not of this world, we'd not pay the National Tax. But did he? Yes he did. Why didnt he say, this is a National thing, i have no business with it?

Again, The Feast of the Tabernacle was and still is a Jewish National Festival. Jesus Christ was born and met it. Going by your Stance, Jesus or his Disciples had nothing to do with it. But did he? Yes he did.

John 7:2-10,14 Now the Jewish Feast of Tabernacles was drawing near. So His brothers said to Him, Leave here and go into Judea, so that Your disciples [there] may also see the works that You do. [This is no place for You.] For no one does anything in secret when he wishes to be conspicuous and secure publicity.

If You [must] do these things [if You must act like this], show Yourself openly and make Yourself known to the world! For [even] His brothers did not believe in or adhere to or trust in or rely on Him either.

Whereupon Jesus said to them, My time (opportunity) has not come yet; but any time is suitable for you and your opportunity is ready any time [is always here].

The world cannot [be expected to] hate you, but it does hate Me because I denounce it for its wicked works and reveal that its doings are evil. Go to the Feast yourselves.

I am not [yet] going up to the Festival, because My time is not ripe. [My term is not yet completed; it is not time for Me to go.] Having said these things to them, He stayed behind in Galilee.
But afterward, when His brothers had gone up to the Feast, He went up also, not publicly [not with a caravan], but by Himself quietly and as if He did not wish to be observed.

When the Feast was already half over, Jesus went up into the temple [court] and began to teach.

Why didn't the Master boycott the Feast all together, after all it was the Feast of the Pharisees he called sinners?

And, what about the Passed over Feast he celebrated with His Apostles? Was it his his idea?
The Passed over Feast was and is still an INDEPENDENCE CELEBRATION FOR THE JEWS. Their independence from Egypt. The Master Celebrated it. it was on that feast he gave them the ordinance of Communion, and asked us to do that in remembrance of Him until his return.

So, going by your Op, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Only Begotten Son of the Only Living God, should condemned for celebrating the National Independence of the Nation of Israel.

Shalom.
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by analice107: 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2016
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 8:58pm On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

Ok, no shakes, anytime you are on ur other Moniker, let me know.

okay lets see.

Lets start with this...

Matthew 22:17-21 The Pharisees came to Jesus tempting him saying "Tell us then what You think about this: Is it lawful to pay tribute [levied on individuals and to be paid yearly] to Caesar or not?
But Jesus, aware of their malicious plot, asked, Why do you put Me to the test and try to entrap Me, you pretenders (hypocrites)? Show me the money used for the tribute.
And they brought Him a denarius. And Jesus said to them, Whose likeness and title are these? They said, Caesar’s.
Then He said to them, Pay therefore to Caesar the things that are due to Caesar, and pay to God the things that are due to God.

You may ask why i brought this up, but let me say something here before i go on to the main issue.
Tax is a National Tribute everywhere in the world. It has nothing to do with Spirituality. It caters for the Nation's Infrastructures like electricity, Pipe Bond Water, Education, healthcare and Transportation. It generally helps the government run its facilities.
But here comes Jesus, very radical, preaching a new kingdom different from the already existing one. Calling Rulers and Lawyers names. One would think, since his Kingdom was not of this world, we'd not pay the National Tax. But did he? Yes he did. Why didnt he say, this is a National thing, i have no business with it?

Again, The Feast of the Tabernacle was and still is a Jewish National Festival. Jesus Christ was born and met it. Going by your Stance, Jesus or his Disciples had nothing to do with it. But did he? Yes he did.

John 7:2-10,14 Now the Jewish Feast of Tabernacles was drawing near. So His brothers said to Him, Leave here and go into Judea, so that Your disciples [there] may also see the works that You do. [This is no place for You.] For no one does anything in secret when he wishes to be conspicuous and secure publicity.

If You [must] do these things [if You must act like this], show Yourself openly and make Yourself known to the world! For [even] His brothers did not believe in or adhere to or trust in or rely on Him either.

Whereupon Jesus said to them, My time (opportunity) has not come yet; but any time is suitable for you and your opportunity is ready any time [is always here].

The world cannot [be expected to] hate you, but it does hate Me because I denounce it for its wicked works and reveal that its doings are evil. Go to the Feast yourselves.

I am not [yet] going up to the Festival, because My time is not ripe. [My term is not yet completed; it is not time for Me to go.] Having said these things to them, He stayed behind in Galilee.
But afterward, when His brothers had gone up to the Feast, He went up also, not publicly [not with a caravan], but by Himself quietly and as if He did not wish to be observed.

When the Feast was already half over, Jesus went up into the temple [court] and began to teach.

Why didn't the Master boycott the Feast all together, after all it was the Feast of the Pharisees he called sinners?

And, what about the Passed over Feast he celebrated with His Apostles? Was it his his idea?
The Passed over Feast was and is still an INDEPENDENCE CELEBRATION FOR THE JEWS. Their independence from Egypt. The Master Celebrated it. it was on that feast he gave them the ordinance of Communion, and asked us to do that in remembrance of Him until his return.

So, going by your Op, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Only Begotten Son of the Only Living God, should condemned for celebrating the National Independence of the Nation of Israel.

Shalom.

Infact I actually appreciate this. Am coming...let me switch to my mobile phone.
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by analice107: 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
Genesis2000:

Infact I actually appreciate this. Am coming...let me switch to my mobile phone.
Ok.
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 10:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

Ok.

Am back thanks for waiting.

Hmmmmm you have actually raised alots of points, which i would love to addressed quickly.

And in as much as i appreciate your response, hm am going to disagree with you to an extend.

Let me also start from here.

1 about the issue of tax you use as a case study. Ma do you realised that the people demanding for tax from Jesus were not Christian?

And i have seen people using that instance you gave as an excuse to practice idolatry. When they says. Give what belong to Caesar to saesar and give what belong to God to God. Hm i have heard this parable in so many places. To me i personaly believed it was a very wrong interpretation on that very account. And to the entire bible as a whole.

Ma, i also disagree that the Lord pass over which Jesus celebrated with his disciples symbolizes Israel independent or their yearly passover. No Christian celebrates pass or cross over, we were only permitted to celebrate the body and the blood of Jesus Christ, which is holy communion, purposely for the remembrance of him, hm Jesus did not tell us that when we do that we were marking the birth of Israel, or we were remembering our exit from Egypt,no, but remembering of him it was stated very clearly there. 1 cor; 11:24. You can read it again.

The bible teaches us about two kinds of destination. Or better still let me use the word promise land.

There were group of people who is still observing shiloh and canaland. This shows you how Christianity have reduced spiritually and scripturally.

Moses takes the children of Israel to canaland, though Moses himself saw the land but his feet did not reach there. But before they go they were instructed to observed a passover and moreso they should make it a yearly routine, whenever the get to that land.

In the same vein, Jesus also promise his church their own promise land (heaven), you remember he told his disciples that he is going to prepared a place for them, and where i am you will be also. Hmm that place is not Israel or Nigeria. Lol..

So the passover he observed with his disciples was about his exit to heaven which he also promise us. (Christians) he also adviced us to be doing it regularly. Atleast to make us to remember who we are , where we are coming from and where we are going to. But today the church is busy celebrating worldly independent,and fighting for one political positions and other worldly activities. Lets be sincere to ourselves, are these people actually waiting for the second coming of Christ? Are we seriously and eagerly, and passionately about that havenly home where Jesus has gone to prepared for us?

See i don't want to derail this topic, God have showed me a vision and revelation about heaven. But i will leave that for another day.

Listen Christians have derailed their rightous way and now following after mammon.

Someone has earlier said am judging, no, not atall, am only speaking as an evangelist. I say it the way i sees it.

Pls don't judge me by the ways and manners for which i types, am not good in typing. forgive me also for my grammatical blunders.

Thank you anyway for your contributions. Remain blessed.
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by analice107: 11:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
Genesis2000:

Am back thanks for waiting.

Hmmmmm you have actually raised alots of points, which i would love to addressed quickly.

And in as much as i appreciate your response, hm am going to disagree with you to an extend.

Let me also start from here.

1 about the issue of tax you use as a case study. Ma do you realised that the people demanding for tax from Jesus were not Christian?

And i have seen people using that instance you gave as an excuse to practice idolatry. When they says. Give what belong to Caesar to saesar and give what belong to God to God. Hm i have heard this parable in so many places. To me i personaly believed it was a very wrong interpretation on that very account. And to the entire bible as a whole.

Ma, i also disagree that the Lord pass over which Jesus celebrated with his disciples symbolizes Israel independent or their yearly passover. No Christian celebrates pass or cross over, we were only permitted to celebrate the body and the blood of Jesus Christ, which is holy communion, purposely for the remembrance of him, hm Jesus did not tell us that when we do that we were marking the birth of Israel, or we were remembering our exit from Egypt,no, but remembering of him it was stated very clearly there. 1 cor; 11:24. You can read it again.

The bible teaches us about two kinds of destination. Or better still let me use the word promise land.

There were group of people who is still observing shiloh and canaland. This shows you how Christianity have reduced spiritually and scripturally.

Moses takes the children of Israel to canaland, though Moses himself saw the land but his feet did not reach there. But before they go they were instructed to observed a passover and moreso they should make it a yearly routine, whenever the get to that land.

In the same vein, Jesus also promise his church their own promise land (heaven), you remember he told his disciples that he is going to prepared a place for them, and where i am you will be also. Hmm that place is not Israel or Nigeria. Lol..

So the passover he observed with his disciples was about his exit to heaven which he also promise us. (Christians) he also adviced us to be doing it regularly. Atleast to make us to remember who we are , where we are coming from and where we are going to. But today the church is busy celebrating worldly independent,and fighting for one political positions and other worldly activities. Lets be sincere to ourselves, are these people actually waiting for the second coming of Christ? Are we seriously and eagerly, and passionately about that havenly home where Jesus has gone to prepared for us?

See i don't want to derail this topic, God have showed me a vision and revelation about heaven. But i will leave that for another day.

Listen Christians have derailed their rightous way and now following after mammon.

Someone has earlier said am judging, no, not atall, am only speaking as an evangelist. I say it the way i sees it.

Pls don't judge me by the ways and manners for which i types, am not good in typing. forgive me also for my grammatical blunders.

Thank you anyway for your contributions. Remain blessed.
Amen, remain blessed too.
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2016
Happy weekend..
Re: Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? by Genesis2000(m): 7:29pm On Nov 06, 2016
Happy Sunday to you all.

(1) (Reply)

Christians Are Like Bats / The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire / Mohammedans, Why ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.