Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Has Wizkid Surpassed 2face’s Achievements? [find Out Here] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Has Wizkid Surpassed 2face’s Achievements? [find Out Here] (768 Views)

Ogun State Has Wizkid, Osun Has Davido, Anambra Has Phyno – Your State Has Who? / Ogun State Has Wizkid, Anambra Has P-square,your State Has Who? / Has Wizkid Surpassed 2face’s Achievements? [find Out Here] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Wizkid Surpassed 2face’s Achievements? [find Out Here] by IamRancho: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
There are very few artistes in Nigeria who has gotten to the height in their career like the legendary 2face Idibia. There is absolutely no achievement he hasn’t accomplished in his music career span that he had to delve into acting just to explore other talents he possesses.

So many artistes look up to him and want to emulate him by sounding like him, dressing like him and even try to act like him. He is the only hip hop artistes in our generation who has attained legendary status because of his unique nature and song writing skill. If there is anyone who can contend with him then it has to be our very own starboy, Wizkid.

Wizkid rise from just a random artiste to an internationally acclaimed superstar is a source of motivation and inspiration to other African artistes that they can get to the peak of their career if they dream big and work hard. From the days of “Hola at Your Boy” to “Ojuelegba”, Wizkid has grown and matured in his music that he now features on top American and UK artistes songs like Drake’s “One Dance”, Tinnie Tempah’s “Mamacita” just to mention a few.

Just like 2face, Wizkid has won every major awards and recognitions that a successful artiste should win. He has won BET Awards, MOBO Awards, 5 times The Headies Award, 2 Channel O Music Awards, MAMA Awards, Afrimma Awards and many others. Wizkid has also received other top nominations at the MTV Europe Music Awards and World Music Awards.

In terms of International exposure Wizkid beats 2face hands down in that criterion. The number of international collaborations he has done with top international artistes is unimaginable for an African artiste. This year alone he has worked with Drake, Chris Brown, Tinnie Tempah, French Montana, Trey Songz, Dj Henry, Hoody Baby and Justine Skye his alleged American girlfriend.2face has also worked with some top international artistes like Wyklef, T-Pain, Beenie Man,Sway and Bridget Kelly.

Wizkid was the first Nigerian artiste to feature on Billborad, an international music chart courtesy of his role in Drake’s “One Dance” song which is off his album ‘VIEWS’. This is a feet no other Nigerian has been able to reach even 2face have never featured on Billboard before. The song peaked on the number one spot on Billboard for seven consecutive weeks tying Michael Jackson’s record.

2face is still one of Africa’s biggest artistes and has headlined some of the biggest shows and tours in the country and beyond but he hasn’t toured major European and America cities with top international artistes. Wizkid on the other hand has toured Europe, America and even Africa with top international artistes like Chris Brown, French Montana, August Alsina, Mariah Carey, Maxwell, Calvin Harris and Kendrick Lamar.

2face has some of the best albums ever released in Nigeria and he still has his most evergreen song ‘African Queen’ to his name. His evergreen albums are “Grass 2 Grace”, “Face 2 Face”, “Away and Beyond” and “The Ascension”. Wizkid has just two albums “Superstar” and “Ayo” and they are still evergreen. With only two albums to his name Wizkid has been able to carve a niche for himself to becoming Africa’s pride to the world.

To cut the long story short, from my own perspective I think Wizkid has gotten to the same level that 2face is and from the way he is going he might surpass him and also attain legendary status in a matter of years. There is hardly nothing 2face has achieved that Wizkid have not done or surpass. But can Wizkid command the same respect back at home just like 2face?I would say NO and I would leave it at that.

If you enjoyed reading this article, do try and leave your comments. We would love to hear your views on the topic.

Written By-IamRancho

Re: Has Wizkid Surpassed 2face’s Achievements? [find Out Here] by benedictnsi(m): 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
Wait first ...... How many children wizkid Don get now
Re: Has Wizkid Surpassed 2face’s Achievements? [find Out Here] by IamRancho: 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
benedictnsi:
Wait first ...... How many children wizkid Don get now

Don't know oh
Re: Has Wizkid Surpassed 2face’s Achievements? [find Out Here] by benedictnsi(m): 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
IamRancho:

Don't know oh

Lol..... I guess that's the record wizkid should start breaking first
Re: Has Wizkid Surpassed 2face’s Achievements? [find Out Here] by talktonase(m): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
Haba! How many baby mamas does wizkid have...him wan try two baba Wey only him boxers dey give gehs belle... grin
Re: Has Wizkid Surpassed 2face’s Achievements? [find Out Here] by stigmond(m): 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
He's gifted and fortunate. Nice one....

(1) (Reply)

Fans Crowd Davido's Hotel In Cameroon (pics,vid) / Watch "King Sunny Ade's 70th Birthday Thanksgiving At RCCG Hqs In Lagos / “I Made My First Million When I Was 17” – Actress Funke Adesiyan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.