Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3678683 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Taofaj4u(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2018
calculuspaul07:
Its our special breakfast buzz this beautiful morning,order our sumptuous toast and cappuccino for just #800,
SMS I AM HUNGRY now to 080 914 699 99 or stop by at 4a, idowu Martins street V. I. Sounds inviting! Yes because we care about you.... Yes you

That is the msg from rUPDATE

Hello Calculus,

Sorry to mention this but I have the feeling that you are not part of this recruitment exercise as it seems you are the only one who got this strange message. This message does not in any way relate to the recruitment. I hope you are not one of those who just give wrong info.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by abobim: 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2018
R update means a lot of things. I received messages from Christ embassy with r update or even from companies.. I received this kind of message from my bank, i almost thought it was dpr initially but when i call i now observed that it was from my bank. I felt bad anyway...
calculuspaul07:
Its our special breakfast buzz this beautiful morning,order our sumptuous toast and cappuccino for just #800,
SMS I AM HUNGRY now to 080 914 699 99 or stop by at 4a, idowu Martins street V. I. Sounds inviting! Yes because we care about you.... Yes you

That is the msg from rUPDATE

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2018
Dpr will recruit #400 staffs Now. Another 400 later this year. Wishing myself and everyone the best of luck.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2018
Smartgrid:
Dpr will recruit #400 staffs Now. Another 400 later this year. Wishing myself and everyone the best of luck.

May we be among the first 400

10 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by sheesh2(f): 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
Smartgrid:

Wow... Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ajisebioyolaari: 12:17am On Jan 05, 2018
According the word of the Lord "I shall decree a thing and it shall be established". I decree the release of my appointment letter with the first batch of 400 successful applicants in Jesus Name. Amen!

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by CalyMan2(m): 12:24am On Jan 05, 2018
From the look of things, some guys will get the Job without these rigorous interview processes. NA NAIJA WE DEY OH!!!

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sunnystooth(m): 2:16am On Jan 05, 2018
Smartgrid:
Nigerian Government and vague statements... Who knows whether they'll conduct a fresh recruitment or just 'wait list' some successful candidates from those interviewed last month or simply carry out in-house or 'long legs/connection recruitment for the other 400.

One can only wish to be among the successful ones though.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by balisco: 5:08am On Jan 05, 2018
D post was jst recent. Check d date and time

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Itzdanrimi(m): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2018
Sunnystooth:

Nigerian Government and vague statements... Who knows whether they'll conduct a fresh recruitment or just 'wait list' some successful candidates from those interviewed last month or simply carry out in-house or 'long legs/connection recruitment for the other 400.

One can only wish to be among the successful ones though.
its probable they'll make a wait list as you said, bcuz applications sent November 2016 are yet to be done and dusted, what of saying another 400 in the later part of the year; when'll they forward the applications. Anyway! I am here on my sofa waiting for My APL as i've secured one: Hopefully.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by mancongroup: 9:58am On Jan 05, 2018
Itzdanrimi:
its probable they'll make a wait list as you said, bcuz applications sent November 2016 are yet to be done and dusted, what of saying another 400 in the later part of the year; when'll they forward the applications. Anyway! I am here on my sofa waiting for My APL as i've secured one: Hopefully.
there may have a waitlist considering the stress and cost of a fresh recruitment, and also the time limit.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by manaja87: 10:18am On Jan 05, 2018
So DPR has the capacity to recruit 800 candidates and they have not done it since. This country sha. May we be among the first 400 to be recruited.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 05, 2018
Hmmm, Nigerians are always optimistic. We no longer hope 4 just APLs but also 2 b among 1st 400 grin grin grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by habakukjss3: 11:51am On Jan 05, 2018
manaja87:
So DPR has the capacity to recruit 800 candidates and they have not done it since. This country sha. May we be among the first 400 to be recruited.

Amen and Amen
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
dxdi:
Hmmm, Nigerians are always optimistic. We no longer hope 4 just APLs but also 2 b among 1st 400 grin grin grin

Yes na grin

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tolesky(m): 1:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
i will get the job either with or without interview, so says THE LORD!

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2018
This is the first time I'll be commenting on this thread since 2016. I've read genuine updates and several fake ones, however this is the state of the recruitment.

1. The names have not been sent to FCC.
2. Aptitude test scores and interview scores have been compiled but sorting is still in progress.
3. This recruitment will favour candidates that did well (Merit)
4. The aggregate of the appitutde and interview scores will sum up your final score and will determine if you're fit for dpr or not.
5. During the interview, the interviewers made remarks and they have specified if you are fit for dpr or not.
6. The interviewers smiled at everyone, so don't think their nice gestures is a ticket to dpr, they have studied you and have written down their observations (the comments are also determinants)
7. I'll advise you to stop taking drugs etc for now (Medical test is another way to drop applicants)
8. Total number interviewed was around 3,800
9. Some applicants will low appitutde scores were also called for interview
10. Letters will roll in before march
11. Pray, Just pray and hope.
12. Cheers

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by balisco: 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2018
neverdown998
This is the first time I'll be commenting on this thread since 2016. I've read genuine updates and several fake ones, however this is the state of the recruitment.

2. Aptitude test scores and interview scores have been compiled but sorting is still in progress.
4. The aggregate of the appitutde and interview scores will sum up your final score and will determine if you're fit for dpr or not.
5. During the interview, the interviewers made remarks and they have specified if you are fit for dpr or not.
6. The interviewers smiled at everyone, so don't think their nice gestures is a ticket to dpr, they have studied you and have written down their observations (the comments are also determinants)
7. I'll advise you to stop taking drugs etc for now (Medical test is another way to drop applicants)
12. Cheers

Hmmmmmmm, This idea is not that bad for a Nigerian guy like. Good one
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by kbit09: 4:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
@neverdown. Thanks for the update.
Here's my personal take - considering the fact that resumption will be by march n its a usual practice with most institute to give a 1 month gap from offer to resumption so new employees can settle, prepare n have d common 1 month to notify current employers they did b leavinh....so at most mid February we all will know our faith.

This theory might not settle well with d GT's but i bliv it will play cos we've got EHs in this recruitment process.

wink

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by habakukjss3: 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2018
neverdown998:

12. Cheers

Am clueless about the progress of the recruitment process like every other one. I have no source of information to counter or agree with you...
let's hope it favours us as we keep our fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by habakukjss3: 4:30pm On Jan 05, 2018
tolesky:
i will get the job either with or without interview, so says THE LORD!

Amen bro..
I respect your faith

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Takon231: 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2018
neverdown998:

12. Cheers

I hardly comment on this thread but I need to say this guy's post is 94% correct.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by manaja87: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
Thanks for the update
neverdown998:

12. Cheers
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
If you have never believed anything on this thread,
Take every single word here for a FACT! 100% ..whoever you are, yur "sauce" is part of the main ingredient! I dnt think anyone knew about the remarks panelists entered in the system n that is why i know you sabi well..Goodluck eveyone. Yes the hope is for us to resume in the first quarter of the year so hopefully it sticks...no list have been drawn talkless of being sent to FCC so for now all over 3,500 interviewed still have a shot at the slots.
neverdown998:

12. Cheers

7 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2018
3,800 for 400

hmmm
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sunnystooth(m): 5:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
makonko:
3,800 for 400

hmmm
It's even worst when you think of maybe 70 people from your state that made it to the interview and there are just 5 slots for your State of origin... The competition is indeed stiff!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by mancongroup: 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
NEVERDOWN YOU ARE CORRECT. Please talk to people like babagy82. Am still waiting to see what will happen on the 8th january.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Zirah: 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2018
futureenergy:

I did not at any time say my answers guaranteed me the job. Till tomorrow, I will repeat that I was more knowledgeable than “my” panelists in my area. Most often, those in the private sector are more grounded than those at govt regulators. Just like someone discussing Mercedes V-boot and talking about front-wheel drive (I didn't go to tell them that though). However, correct your impression, I didn’t go to tell them I know more. In fact I said what my questions were, they are not anything technical. It is the interviewers work to ask technical questions not mine. The first question I asked was how a typical career projection would be for someone of my qualifications and experience. They somehow dodged it. The second question was about how DPR would have personnel in almost every state capital yet petrol is hoarded and sold above pump price. I twisted it and made it look like some of their top officials take compensation from marketers and look the other side (that’s the one that made the FCC person laugh, and it is true).

Leave all this God talk all the time, human beings make final selection not God.

You are free to talk your own. I just made an elaborate post of how my interview went, anything you make out of it is your own cup of tea. My interview session was very friendly and everybody (myself inclusive) had a good dosage of laughter. I do not think anyone picked offense in the room. If you are on Nairaland picking offence for them, goodluck! In a matter of weeks, I believe we shall know. I had been out of job for over a year and DPR is not more than some other opportunities I had lost. So my life doesn't and wouldn't depend on a bribe-infested, money-calculating, salary-speculating, largely-idle government department.

Go bro! You know your onions. A lot of people have a problem with that.

6 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by manaja87: 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
That is to say not more than 10% of the total number interviewed will make the final list.
makonko:
3,800 for 400

hmmm
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Azijo: 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2018
neverdown998:

12. Cheers

Info appreciated! It is typical and sort of widely employed standard in HR that 12% of applicants move to interview, 17% of total interviewed move to offer stage and 89% acceptance of offer. If same is adhered to by DPR in this recruitment, then about 31,600 took the test, 3,800 were interviewed and 646 APLs to be prepared in expectation of 574 acceptance. Just trying to marry some points for some deductive inference though; not in any way implying the rightness or wrongness of this info.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Femillionz(m): 7:58pm On Jan 05, 2018
EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP)

Click on below link to check out how to apply for USA scholarship/funds program

http://jobintelng.com/2018/01/11140/

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by keboxxerxes: 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2018
neverdown998:

12. Cheers

For this man to assertively give us information as detailed as this, he is either a DPR staff associated with this process closely or a Snapnet staff responsible for managing the portal. This information looks reliable and it in a way explains why some people's initially closed portal became opened. In all it is God that has the final say. Thanks for the info bro

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.