Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,694 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3678592 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Donelli: 5:39pm On May 20, 2018
GuyInNeed:

Look at this miserable brainless pig am helping

On the contrary, you really do need all the help you can get...majorly psychiatric.

Just like your moniker announces

9 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by assume3(m): 6:33pm On May 20, 2018
This Guyinneed seriously is in need of attention by who ever can help. Whether a doctor, psychiatrist, witch doctor wo!, prayer warriors and any body who might be of help.
DPR see what you have caused. Mtwss

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by salveoP(m): 6:39pm On May 20, 2018
Guys... I didn't come here to see insults. Behave!!!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by herlecks(m): 7:20pm On May 20, 2018
god2good:

HND are graduate Trainees. maybe ND u wanted to say
Right.. ND! Thanks.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ghostofspata: 7:58pm On May 20, 2018
GuyInNeed:
Check your portals NOW!! Don't ask questions
C ur life. I tot u r one of d matured ones, smh. Whats all dis nonsense toying with people s emotions, @ one point itwas funny bh nw is just stupidity. Respect urself

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ghostofspata: 8:01pm On May 20, 2018
assume3:
This Guyinneed seriously is in need of attention by who ever can help. Whether a doctor, psychiatrist, witch doctor wo!, prayer warriors and any body who might be of help.
DPR see what you have caused. Mtwss
Dis has nothing to do with DPR. He has issues to begin with. Like u said he needs attention

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 8:34pm On May 20, 2018
I strongly believe we can do without all these insults and names-calling.

If somebody appears to be an unserious folk, then no need to take him or his word seriously. And if we must react, we should condemn the act not the person. Or better still, move on as if we didn't read his posts.

Moreover, it doesn't take a fool or stupid person to have come thus far in this kind of recruitment.

However, this is not in support of any uncalculated attempt at fun or whatever it may mean to the person, but that we should give everyone a chance to express himself in the level of understanding he/she operates in.

By the way, happy Sunday to fellow hopefuls.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by may240717: 8:44pm On May 20, 2018
hi, Submission at FCC or not yet?Please say if you have any info. Last post from you on this FCC matter; you stated that FCC had written to DPR concerning the delay in the recruitment.

EH 80.... GT 320...

As sure as death [/quote]
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by square62: 9:25pm On May 20, 2018
Guy u dey disturb us with this FCC matter...For your information certificate of compliance had been issued since.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by xxkape: 10:22pm On May 20, 2018
may240717:
hi, Submission at FCC or not yet?Please say if you have any info. Last post from you on this FCC matter; you stated that FCC had written to DPR concerning the delay in the recruitment.

EH 80.... GT 320...

As sure as death

Will get bk to u on Monday..... Tnx
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by xxkape: 10:23pm On May 20, 2018
square62:
Guy u dey disturb us with this FCC matter...For your information certificate of compliance had been issued since.

Lies from the pit of hell

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by pedroito: 10:29pm On May 20, 2018
xxkape:

Lies from the pit of hell

What is the position
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Rawani: 5:50am On May 21, 2018
dprpikin:
I strongly believe we can do without all these insults and names-calling.

If somebody appears to be an unserious folk, then no need to take him or his word seriously. And if we must react, we should condemn the act not the person. Or better still, move on as if we didn't read his posts.

Moreover, it doesn't take a fool or stupid person to have come thus far in this kind of recruitment.

However, this is not in support of any uncalculated attempt at fun or whatever it may mean to the person, but that we should give everyone a chance to express himself in the level of understanding he/she operates in.

By the way, happy Sunday to fellow hopefuls.

The worst thing is the guyinneed was not even invited to the interview yet he insists on being an irritant on this thread.

That is what makes his trolling so nauseating.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by iman62588: 8:23am On May 21, 2018
xxkape:

Will get bk to u on Monday..... Tnx
guys check new telegraph news paper and see what DPR is saying about the recruitment
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Goj47: 8:38am On May 21, 2018
https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/05/pigb-600-newly-employed-dpr-staffs-jobs-imperilled/

If this is real, two things are involved
1, the recruitment has been concluded long before now
2, PIGB is really a constraint to the newly employed or to be employed

My sincere advice to all of, forget DPR and move on. If they finally call Ok, if they don't we wouldn't be disappointed so much.

Honestly I pray the telegraph report isn't real.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 8:39am On May 21, 2018
Rawani:

The worst thing is the guyinneed was not even invited to the interview yet he insists on being an irritant on this thread.

That is what makes his trolling so nauseating.

I understand the feeling 100%. But and if what you have stated about him is true, then I'm appealing we don't aid him achieve his objective. Shut him off. Don't react to his posts. Then he will use his tongue to count his teeth, as my people would say, to know what he is doing has lost its effect on the genuine hopefuls.

Because when you react to him, he has succeeded in dragging you down where he wants you to be and at the same time he will be emboldened to continue.

There is a saying that says "treat people the way you are, not the way they are". In other words, operate in the level you are, irrespective of the level every other person chooses to operate in.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Desric(m): 8:44am On May 21, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Chuxxxxxxxx: 8:51am On May 21, 2018
iman62588:
guys check new telegraph news paper and see what DPR is saying about the recruitment

The fate of 600 staff newly employed by the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) is endangered as the imminent scrapping of the department has stirred confusion in their camp, New Telegraph has learnt.

This, it was gathered, was buoyed by the doom, which the Petroleum Industry Governance Bill (PIGB) has inflicted on their employment status.
The DPR, last weekend, confirmed that the 600 staff were employed during the last recruitment exercise by the agency in 2017.

DPR’s Assistant Director, Operations, Babajide Fashina, said at the Technical Symposium on Field Development Plan (FDP) Approval Process organised by the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), Lagos section, that the new members of staff are already undergoing statutory training with high hope that they would be deployed immediately after the exercise.

The DPR, where the fresh staff were employed, checks by this newspaper, however, showed, ceases to exist with inauguration of the PIGB, which is on the table of President Muhammadu Buhari for his assent.

Like the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), the DPR will, as one of the cardinal recommendation of PIGB, cease to exist legally as an independent institution.

Asked about the alleged staffing constraint at the DPR, Fashina declared at the technical symposium themed: Expediting FDP approval: Key actions to ensure efficiency and value-added process, “No staffing constraints is hampering FDP approval.

“We have assets team. We even have a separate team that deal with approval. We just recruited about 600 and their going through training and they will be deployed as soon as they are done with their training.”
Given these developments, the hopes of these new staff to work with DPR are hanging in the air.

Just like thousands of old staff of the agency, arrangement has been made to integrate the new staff into the new petroleum industry regulator to be set up immediately after president’s asset on PIGB.

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, had insisted that that DPR and the PPPRA would be scrapped and would be merged into the Petroleum Regulatory Commission (PRC), as stipulated by the Bill.

Although he allayed the fear that the DPR staff would be sacked, the minister said that like the old staff of DPR, the newly employed staff would retain their jobs at the PRC based on “who is effective and who is not. That is now the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the Board and for the Chief Executive of the institution, to make sure he runs an effective institution.”

The board and management of the new regulatory entity, the minister said in a document sighted by this newspaper, would be given the power to hire and fire and also given the authority to set benchmarks with which staff would be measured.

“It would not be business as usual as key performance indicators, KPI, would be set for the Board, management and other employees,” the document he presented at a round table on understanding the PIGB, organized by the Nigeria Natural Resource Charter, NNRC and the Media Initiative on Transparency in the Extractive Industry, MITEI, stated.

It added that any official found wanting in the discharge in his or her duties would be sanctioned and shown the exit.
The scrapping of the DPR and the PPPRA, apart from ensuring that no one is sacked, would provide an opportunity for new persons to be employed into the new entity to be set up, especially as new ideas are sought to fill in gaps that might exist in the company.

“Where they are gaps in the manpower in there, it provides an opportunity for people to be appointed from outside, because again, you want to put in new ideas, fresh legs in the whole process. In that process, you preserve the jobs, and you also attract a pathway for the employment of other skills from outside to help energise the new system you are trying to build,” the document stated.

“At that time, it has not nothing to do with the minister, it is up to the management to retain their staff afterwards. You then have to make sure you actually meet up to task as far your job is concerned. That is how we dealt with the issue of labour.

“After that, with the mandate that each institution would have for efficiency, people there have to work and display their performance in their jobs. But at the inception, the existing jobs would be there, but then people would then have to rise up to the occasion, because those Boards that would be in those entities would be mandated statutorily to ensure efficiency in the public interest. Therefore, from that point on, you do not have a job for life. You now have to be worth that salary, that money you are paid.”

Kachikwu explained that powers would now be given to the management of the entity to ensure they operate efficiently and effectively, to enable them correctly make decisions as to who would meet up with the requirements for their position.

Asides the interference, which the President’s assent could cause employment status of the DPR’s 600 newly recruited staff, the delay in assenting to the PIGB by the President has also trapped the N2.2 billion ($6 million) invested in oil blocks appraisal.

The investment, this newspaper understands, was sourced from Nigeria Data Repository (NDR) funds to finance the appraisal of oil blocks for the 2015 bid round. The investment made by the DPR was expected to be recouped after the PIGB gets the president’s nod.

A document from the ministry of petroleum resources, sighted by this newspaper, showed that there would not be a bid round until after completion of works on the PIGB.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by OutOfTheAshes(m): 9:17am On May 21, 2018
When did dpr call 600 newly recruited staff from the 2017 recruitment exercise?.. undecided, please I need clarification on this o...I hope we are not waiting in vain

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:18am On May 21, 2018
This is just what the telegraph thinks and/or report, not what may eventually happen.
But wait,Why are they speaking as if all the successful candidates have been contacted?

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Pdirac: 9:31am On May 21, 2018
Obviously,it seems the recruitment has been concluded, all is left is to contact the remaining new recruits.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by sheesh2(f): 9:41am On May 21, 2018
I think this article should lay our fears to rest by accepting either of two things

(1) That this is just a PR move on the part of DPR as APLs are ready for dispatch or:

(2) Accept that the whole recruitment process was a sham, lick our wounds and move on to better and greater things (By Gods Grace)

I remain hopeful. All the best

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:44am On May 21, 2018
Good Morning All, I am posting this for those people who just want genuine information whether or not it's in their favour, those people who just want to wrap their heads around the whole recruitment and plan accordingly or more importantly pray...

So FCC will issue COC hopefully today, or this week... the DPR Head of HR will try to complete the recruitment before the end of this month and if that is not possible then before the end of next month. new recruits/employees are to start in June by the grace of God.

Disregard any information or doubt that the recruitment has been concluded.

I wish you us all a wonderful day full of guidance and success.

15 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by realone2012: 10:13am On May 21, 2018
enemaxon:
Good Morning All, I am posting this for those people who just want genuine information whether or not it's in their favour, those people who just want to wrap their heads around the whole recruitment and plan accordingly or more importantly pray...

So FCC will issue COC hopefully today, or this week... the DPR Head of HR will try to complete the recruitment before the end of this month and if that is not possible then before the end of next month. new recruits/employees are to start in June by the grace of God.

Asked about the alleged staffing constraint at the DPR, Fashina declared at the technical symposium themed: Expediting FDP approval: Key actions to ensure efficiency and value-added process, “No staffing constraints is hampering FDP approval.

“We have assets team. We even have a separate team that deal with approval. We just recruited about 600 and their going through training and they will be deployed as soon as they are done with their training.”
Given these developments, the hopes of these new staff to work with DPR are hanging in the air.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Pdirac: 10:35am On May 21, 2018
enemaxon:
Hello everyone, hope you all are doing really well, i know its hard for some of us after planning our lives around the hope of getting into DPR to not have any information as to even the date of appointments.. however I want to assure some of us that have doubts about smartgrid's information to get rid of those doubts as all what he has said has been on point and confirmed. the delay right now is based on political calculations.. "making sure the right stakeholders have been consulted" so they don't misbehave after the appointments have gone out. even the head of corporate services did not expect the recruitment to push after the first quarter. no one really knows when the so-called "consultation" will occur but we hope really soon. everything is set. I know we have heard this too often but "anytime from now", really! .. anyone that fixes a date at this point has no idea whats going on.. so I beg you to believe me and not to worry yourselves on unnecessary speculations. do have a good day

You confirmed then that smartgrid’s info was 100% accurate which also includes that the certificate of compliance has been issued as at then. Now you are saying this:

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by enemaxon: 9:44am

(Quote) (Report) 7 Likes (Like) (Share)

What’s the deal bro?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by herlecks(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2018
No panic..
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by osemeka: 11:43am On May 21, 2018
phodio:
Please, I wanna ask, is this still on the interview we did at Virginrose Resorts, VI in December? Or I have missed out some things in those pages of this thread that I didn't go through.

Thanks.

Hi. You haven't missed out on anything since the interview. As far as we know, DPR hasn't reached out in any form to any GT/EH candidate. And nothing in the last 100 pages of this thread has proven otherwise.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by henroo2003: 12:05pm On May 21, 2018
osemeka:

Hi. You haven't missed out on anything since the interview. As far as we know, DPR hasn't reached out in any form to any GT/EH candidate. And nothing in the last 100 pages of this thread has proven otherwise.

Good morning all, It not compulsory you believe me. I want to tell us that some people had collected APL from DPR. Very true. I friend of mine to me that he was expecting APL from FIRS but he finally collected that ofDPR. I know it's possible. I applied too but I have just moved on since. Thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by osemeka: 12:27pm On May 21, 2018
henroo2003:

Good morning all, It not compulsory you believe me. I want to tell us that some people had collected APL from DPR. Very true. I friend of mine to me that he was expecting APL from FIRS but he finally collected that ofDPR. I know it's possible. I applied too but I have just moved on since. Thanks

it's nice that you're willing to share these details with us. but can you prove it. otherwise your claim remains unproven. which is what I said. I'm not asking you to prove it if you don't want to. that's up to you. otherwise my statement is still correct. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 21, 2018
Just spoke to an official from the public affairs unit of the Dpr,...
Operator: how may I help you sir?
Me: yeah I’m calling to inquire about the Dpr 2017 recruitment please?
Operator: which one, for Bsc or diploma?
Me: Bsc sir.
Operator: the process has not been concluded yet, I can’t tell you the date but you will be contacted soon...like very soon..

‭+234 1 279 0000‬-this is the number I called, sum1 should double check please

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.