Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,387 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:07 AM

Things You Should Never To Say During A Job Interview, And Why Not To Say Them. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Things You Should Never To Say During A Job Interview, And Why Not To Say Them. (414 Views)

Stop Saying “how Was Your Night”, Here’s What To Say Instead / See What A Dad Had To Say After His Twins Were Elected Head Boy And Head Girl / 7 Useful English Phrases To Say When You Forget Something (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things You Should Never To Say During A Job Interview, And Why Not To Say Them. by domchido2(m): 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
There are some things that you should keep to yourself during a job interview—even if you’re thinking them.

Be conservative in what you say and share, and keep the focus on your skills and qualifications for a job.

The interviewer isn’t interested in your personal life or why you really need to get hired for the job. He or she wants to know why you’re the best-qualified person for the job.

If you don’t think you have all the qualifications, don’t mention it.

The same is true for how you really feel about your current (or last) employer. Negativity doesn’t go over well during job interviews. Companies want to hire positive people, not complainers.

Things Never to Say at a Job Interview

Here are things you shouldn’t say during an interview, and why not to say them.

1. How much does this job pay? (Let the employer bring up money first.)

2. I really hate my job. (Are you going to hate this job if they hire you?)

3. My boss is the worst boss ever. (Are you going to say that about your new boss if things don’t work out?)

4. My current company is awful. (Are you going to say that about the new company?)

5. Do you mind if I take this call? (Your phone should be turned off before you head into the interview.)

6. I really need this job. (You don’t want to come across as desperate.)

7. I don’t have all the experience you need, but I’m a quick learner. (Let the interviewer figure out if you’re qualified and focus on the skills that you do have.)

8. Sorry, I’m late. (Don’t be unless you have an emergency.)

9. Profanity or swear words. (Keep it professional and polite.)

10. I don’t have any questions. (You should always have a list of questions ready to ask the interviewer.)

11. What do you do at this company? (You should thoroughly research the companyand be prepared to speak about it.)

12. Interviews make me really nervous. (The interviewer wants to hire someone confident in his or her abilities.)

13. Can I work from home? (Don’t bring up alternative working situations until you have a job offer.)

See full list >> http://www.unitednaija.com/2016/10/13-things-you-should-never-to-say-during-a-job-interview/

(1) (Reply)

IMSU Admission Aspirants / Priority Assessment / Help Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.