Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Being A Parent Should Have Been An Earned Privilege. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being A Parent Should Have Been An Earned Privilege. (2852 Views)

Parent Pranks Son With Empty Pack Of Iphone 11 / Is It Right To Have A Favourite Child As A Parent? / Simple Family Sex Education That Every Parent Should Give Their Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being A Parent Should Have Been An Earned Privilege. by CeeJay9ja(m): 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2016
For the records, this is my opinion.

On several occasions we have heard or read about terrible scenario where a parent abuses his/her child(ren) giving one silly excuse or the other. From physical assault to sexual assault which will leave a scar that will traumatize these little ones for a very long time.
Actions taken by these parents makes one ask " Is he/she really the parent of this child? The other day a little child was accused of witchcraft in Akwa-Ibom. Now this has gotten to the peak of ignorance and lack of re-orientation. Why are these people abusing their own children called parents? Are they not suppose to be their guardians? Does it mean the word "Parents" just means ability to reproduce and provide the needs of your children?

Talking about taking care of children, some parents even led their children to prostitution and slavery just to make ends meet or probably for greedy purposes or just lack of morals. Now, where is the parenting?

I think some people just don't deserve to be called a parent angry

I dey vex jare
Re: Being A Parent Should Have Been An Earned Privilege. by ghettowriter(m): 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
kpele, emabinu, no vex....its been like that for ages. I don't see these stuffs changing any time soon.

(1) (Reply)

Ikoyi Registry / Why Are Nigeria Women So Cold Hearted Towards Men? / How Do You Cope With The Death Of Your Child/children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.