Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Ikoyi Registry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ikoyi Registry (2843 Views)

Court Did Not Order Closure Of Ikoyi Registry, Federal Govt Tells Lagos Govt. / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Ikoyi Registry Wedding - Affidavit Of Bachelorhood And Spinsterhood Help?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikoyi Registry by GenyEbere(f): 7:45am On Jun 03, 2017
I need authentic information/requirements for registry marriage at Ikoyi and a contact if possible. Couple-Nigerians.
Re: Ikoyi Registry by NoToPile: 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2017
31,000 naira cash ( used to be 26k but they said because of the new cert ,its no longer the white paper its now cream in color and its thick, embossed with certified true copy on it)

Go with about 4 passports each for both of you
Birth cert or declaration of age for both of you.
Extra 1k each for spinster or bachelor cert
Go at least 4 weeks before your proposed date of marriage.
Go on a Monday with what I stated above.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Registry by GenyEbere(f): 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2017
Thank you sooo much
Re: Ikoyi Registry by lady25(f): 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2017
NoToPile:
31,000 naira cash ( used to be 26k but they said because of the new cert ,its no longer the white paper its now cream in color and its thick, embossed with certified true copy on it)

Go with about 4 passports each for both of you
Birth cert or declaration of age for both of you.
Extra 1k each for spinster or bachelor cert
Go at least 4 weeks before your proposed date of marriage.
Go on a Monday with what I stated above.

Please after going on a Monday with the above stated,do we need to go back for any other processing? Also must both parties be present in person for the processing?
Re: Ikoyi Registry by NoToPile: 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2017
Re: Ikoyi Registry by NoToPile: 5:10pm On Aug 03, 2017
lady25:

Please after going on a Monday with the above stated,do we need to go back for any other processing? Also must both parties be present in person for the processing?

You are supposed to go back on a Tuesday for oath taking I think(the officers will tell you this) but you can explain to the officer if either of you won't be around so everything can be settled that day. This was what happened in my case so we just showed up on the wedding day.

One person can do the processing, when you go on that Monday you can fill all the docs for both of you and when they say you should come back as I stated in the paragraph above explain to them if you won't be around that time and they all settle all that day.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If These Were Your Kids, How Would You Handle The Situation? (photos) / Why It's So Difficult To Be A Girl In Nigeria / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.