Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React (32174 Views)

Old Students Of Ransome Kuti Memorial Lagos Marks 30th Reunion In School Uniform / Bauchi Youths Chase Fulani Herdsmen Out Of Girls’ School Premises / Federal Polytechnic Ilaro Locks Out Students From Entering School Premises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
Senorprinz:
what if his phone doesnt have the QWERTY keyboard?

Can you mention a particular keyboard that has "e" close to "i"?
Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by Omonigeriarere: 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
koolJ1:
Did no one notice the grammatical blunder from the almighty Federal Ministry of Education? "Unfiltered" when they meant to say Unfettered

It's a pity.

FG is right: check its dictionary meaning and add it to your professional arsenal.
Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by Omonigeriarere: 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
[s]
uwagimboo:
Buhari will not kee prson ooo...

I am sure he thought that Old student association is a Cult group...

What you see when a dullard heads a nation..
[/s]

Banning Association is different from restraining them from using the school premises to enhance adequate security for students. Read the article again to see the motive behind it.

Your hatred for Buhari does not prevent you from reading and comprehending the article before starting your usual lamentation.
Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by borntosuccess(m): 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2016
media blackout
Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by uwagimboo: 4:19pm On Oct 27, 2016
Omonigeriarere:
[s][/s]

Banning Association is different from restraining them from using the school premises to enhance adequate security for students. Read the article again to see the motive behind it.

Your hatred for Buhari does not prevent you from reading and comprehending the article before starting your usual lamentation.

Oga shut ur anus since that is where u reason from..

If u restrain an association from a school that its main motive of being formed is because of the school, re u not indirectly killing them..

Let me ask you, if ur child comes back home with a PTA invite to a Hotel, wont u wonder what is the essence of PTA nd Hotel location

Ur support for senile policies would one day get u admitted at Down syndrome home...
Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by koolJ1(f): 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

FG is right: check its dictionary meaning and add it to your professional arsenal.

Per your suggestion, I did look it up, just to be sure I wasn't wrong. And I wasn't.

While "Unfiltered access" can be said, it's usually in relation to Internet access.

In this situation, "Unfettered access" is the bone. Of contention.

Time for you to visit the dictionary
Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by brexit: 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
The education minister is the worst we have seen over the last 3 decades,look at the rate of corruption and exploitation in the universities where the vice chancellors have turned to shy locks and nobody controls them.
Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by KOBOJO: 5:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
Am not surprised... .

Very soon Buhari will ban education in Nigeria ..
Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by Deyrinsolar(f): 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2016
Many just lack the ability to comprehend
Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by Dee60: 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2016
Chidi Odinkalu - With due respect, I think the comment you posted is in bad taste.

The statement is in no way saying they have banned OLD STUDENTS from operating, but they do not want the secretariat within the school. That may truly be draconian, but please do your checks. Old students should support schools but should not attempt to take over the management of schools. If they have the means there is really nothing wrong having their offices outside the schools.
Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by Senorprinz(m): 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Can you mention a particular keyboard that has "e" close to "i"?
on old java phones, 'e' is close to 'i' just as russia is close to the west coast of the u.s.a
Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by lashout1: 6:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
This is what you get when the man at the helm of affair isn't opportune to be in any Old boys or Alumni.
Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by hoodboy(m): 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2016
koolJ1:
Did no one notice the grammatical blunder from the almighty Federal Ministry of Education? "Unfiltered" when they meant to say Unfettered

It's a pity.

also noticed *siting in place of citing, among other blunders
Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by seenter84: 12:52am On Oct 28, 2016
KCOBA NO go accept am. floreat
Re: FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React by Omonigeriarere: 8:43am On Oct 28, 2016
uwagimboo:

Oga shut ur anus since that is where u reason from..

If u restrain an association from a school that its main motive of being formed is because of the school, re u not indirectly killing them..

Let me ask you, if ur child comes back home with a PTA invite to a Hotel, wont u wonder what is the essence of PTA nd Hotel location

Ur support for senile policies would one day get u admitted at Down syndrome home...

I don't need to argue with you: not knowing the difference between PTA and Old Students speaks a lot about your mental capability. From the information provided, old students are banned from school premises because they didn't submit themselves to security check and their activities are threatening the security arrangement made by the school.

I am the secretary of my alma matter's old students and we only visit the school when executing projects and none of our meeting are being held inside the school premises.

Unless in a specified days, parents who are the real fathers and mothers are restricted in every private school and nobody can be allowed to have access to students unless through proxy as indicated by parents not to talk of old students having unfettered access to school premises.

The rationale behind this is beyond your mental horizon: it is actually meant for straight-forward people who can think deeply without prejudice and not for people like yours who just open their mouth to say anything like an hungry Bingo.

Get it right.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funaab,erects A Billboard To Announce The Banning Of Niqab (face Veil) / Throwback Photo Of ABU Zaria 8 Months Before Its Commissioning In 1962 / Trailer Carries 100 UNILORIN Students Due To Fuel Scarcity (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.