Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told (2001 Views)

Is The Bible A True Book? Truth Must Be Told / I May Now Believe In The Supernatural / Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: "What God Told Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by mostHandsome01: 10:03am On Oct 27, 2016
i feel very disappointed in the way and manner the administrators on nairaland derive joy in ridiculing religion, This is uncalled for, the law of every country gives right to individuals to worship freely, there is freedom of worship and so a big forum like nairaland should not be a medium by which people's believe and religion should be ridiculed , it is ok for people to come and blast themselves in the religious section if they so wish BUT it should not go beyond the religious section, why promote to frontpage every post that tries to ridicule Christianity or those who believe in God! IT is so uncalled for!

This story made front page today
www.nairaland.com/3431342/crashed-flying-benin-uk-says

A person saying ill of another man's believe and yet it is promoted to front page, and funny enough, the story published there had noting to do with any religion, so why the insult! and yet its on front page, this isnt the first time am seeing such kind of post making front page and i really hope the admins and moderators will see to this,

A forum should promote unity and not division irrespective of ur race, tribe, culture, believe or religion.

7 Likes

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by makelove2m(m): 10:09am On Oct 27, 2016
mostHandsome01:
i feel very disappointed in the way and manner the administrators on nairaland derive joy in ridiculing religion, This is uncalled for, the law of every country gives right to individuals to worship freely, there is freedom of worship and so a big forum like nairaland should not be a medium by which people's believe and religion should be ridiculed , it is ok for people to come and blast themselves in the religious section if they so wish BUT it should not go beyond the religious section, why promote to frontpage every post that tries to ridicule Christianity or those who believe in God! IT is so uncalled for!

This story made front page today
www.nairaland.com/3431342/crashed-flying-benin-uk-says

A person saying ill of another man's believe and yet it is promoted to front page, and funny enough, the story published there had noting to do with any religion, so why the insult! and yet its on front page, this isnt the first time am seeing such kind of post making front page and i really hope the admins and moderators will see to this,
A forum should promote unity and not division irrespective of ur race, tribe, culture, believe or religion.

Read T&C and stop complaining............... you may decide to opt if you feel insecure

3 Likes

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by emsquare(m): 10:34am On Oct 27, 2016
Am not seeing any complain.... shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by Edenoscar(m): 10:52am On Oct 27, 2016
Hypocrites everywhere, that news has its source from vanguard so its not something someone just cooked somewhere, and i wonder what is getting you all worked up.

Do you know how many christian threads make frontpage every week. And no one is going to ban you for expressing your opinion

4 Likes

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by Richirich713: 11:19am On Oct 27, 2016
Atheists start keeping these commandments, stop disobeying number 1, 2 nd 10

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by KingEbukaNaija: 11:23am On Oct 27, 2016
Richirich713:

I concur

1 Like

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by raphieMontella: 11:31am On Oct 27, 2016
makelove2m:

Read T&C and stop complaining............... you may decide to opt if you feel insecure

thank you!
Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by CoolUsername: 11:59am On Oct 27, 2016
Seun put the religious section. An atheist put up a religious section, showing his open-mindedness. Atheists then saw a safe space to air their views (which would be very difficult or impossible in most cases), node Christians don't want to see dissenting opinions.

OP said that we should be allowed to go at each other on the religious section but atheists shouldn't expires their views on religious belief in other sections. That should be sensible of no other person is allowed to talk about God, Allah, or whatever you believe in. That would be fair.

It's funny that people on this thread are talking about religious bullying/hate when what OP is advocating is a restriction that only applies to atheists.

It's also funny that he's implicitly complaint that atheist posts have an equal opportunity have making it to the front page (something that was not the case just a few weeks back). How many threads did atheists open to complain about this?

This is why I feel the need to speak out. How can people say it's unfair when you begin to treat a certain group as equals to them?

4 Likes

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
akintom:
Religious folks are extremely ridiculous. It's this type of story below that Christians used in proving the power of their God.

When in actual rational sense, the witches and wizards, that they claimed are possessed by imaginary spirits, are mere psychotic/psychosis cases.

I hadn't noticed the first line. That is a violation of rule 2:

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, ... to Nairaland members

I hope the poster will be banned angry
Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by KingEbukaNaija: 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
CoolUsername:
Seun put the religious section. An atheist put up a religious section, showing his open-mindedness. Atheists then saw a safe space to air their views (which would be very difficult or impossible in most cases), node Christians don't want to see dissenting opinions.

OP said that we should be allowed to go at each other on the religious section but atheists shouldn't expires their views on religious belief in other sections. That should be sensible of no other person is allowed to talk about God, Allah, or whatever you believe in. That would be fair.

It's funny that people on this thread are talking about religious bullying/hate when what OP is advocating is a restriction that only applies to atheists.

It's also funny that he's implicitly complaint that atheist posts have an equal opportunity have making it to the front page (something that was not the case just a few weeks back). How many threads did atheists open to complain about this?

This is why I feel the need to speak out. How can people say it's unfair when you begin to treat a certain group as equals to them?

You rarely have a full grasp of the subject matter and you are always quick to react .

Look at Muafrika2's post and understand what is being discussed .

1 Like

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by CoolUsername: 12:18pm On Oct 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You rarely have a full grasp of the subject matter and you are always quick to react .

Look at Muafrika2's post and understand what is being discussed .

Why is OP talking about when Christianity is ridiculed? Stop trying to obfuscate the real problem. The admin is an atheist and suddenly he likes to ridicule religion because of what users say? The truth is that posts like that hardly ever got to the front page before and now that they do, people are calling that equal opportunity a bad thing. Give me a break!

You don't have to respond to every comment of mine.

2 Likes

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by mostHandsome01: 12:21pm On Oct 27, 2016
makelove2m:

show me were T and C gave right to anyone to say ridiculous words about anyone

1 Like

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by mostHandsome01: 12:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
Edenoscar:
Hypocrites everywhere, that news has its source from vanguard so its not something someone just cooked somewhere, and i wonder what is getting you all worked up.

Do you know how many christian threads make frontpage every week. And no one is going to ban you for expressing your opinion
if you are a good reader, you will comprehend that am not talking about the article but the statement he made before the article, guess you are just here to side without getting the point here!!

1 Like

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by mostHandsome01: 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
iliyande:
the owner of the forum, Seun himself is a promoter of religious hate/bullying

he hates religion so much that he allows all kinds of attacks towards religion especially Christianity. His threads against Christians are uncountable here. He dear not open a thread that speak against Moh'd/Islam because he knew the consequences.

but as a believer of Christ, you should know that such is inevitable in the our Christian race.

So nothing you can do about it, lets move on.
you are right, ill speeches to Christians is acceptable but when its the other way round, all hell is loosed.

1 Like

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by mostHandsome01: 12:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
Richirich713:
i concur!!
Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by KingEbukaNaija: 12:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
CoolUsername:

Why is OP talking about when Christianity is ridiculed? Stop trying to obfuscate the real problem. The admin is an atheist and suddenly he likes to ridicule religion because of what users say? The truth is that posts like that hardly ever got to the front page before and now that they do, people are calling that equal opportunity a bad thing. Give me a break!

Over 99.8 percent of Nairalanders who are religious seeing "Religious folks are extremely ridiculous" won't be offended ? All your doing is trying to extenuate that OP's offence by saying everyone deserves equal opportunity. Every one deserves equal opportunity to overtly insult people or denigrate their religious views ?

I don't think the ignorant OP even understands that some atheists also admit to the existence of the supernatural - witches , evil spirits , voodoo - and that atheism is just the rejection of gods .

2 Likes

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by mostHandsome01: 12:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
CoolUsername:

i doubt you are learned else, u wont misinterpret what i said up there!!
Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by Edenoscar(m): 12:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
mostHandsome01:

if you are a good reader, you will comprehend that am not talking about the article but the statement he made before the article, guess you are just here to side without getting the point here!!
i did read the article and i saw the statement he made and thats his opinion, though it was uncalled for but he has the right to air his opinion. Beliefs are not to be respected people are,you have the right to keep them but not to demand people respect them
Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by mostHandsome01: 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Over 99.8 percent of Nairalanders who are religious seeing "Religious folks are extremely ridiculous" won't be offended ? All your doing is trying to extenuate that OP's offence by saying everyone deserves equal opportunity. Every one deserves equal opportunity to overtly insult people or denigrate their religious views ?

I don't think the ignorant OP even understands that some atheists also admit to the existence of the supernatural - witches , evil spirits , voodoo - and that atheism is just the rejection of gods .
they are good at finding excuses on their wrong speeches, but do it to them, it becomes intimidation of their believe.
Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by hopefulLandlord: 12:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
CoolUsername:

I tire for am o

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by raphieMontella: 1:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
mostHandsome01:

baba stop this victim play and bickery...
Like the dude said...if you're not okay with it..
You opt out..
Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
No one is complaining,you can kindly deactivate your account.
No one cares if you get banned or deactivated
Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by CoolUsername: 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

When you said that all atheists have murderous tendencies, did your post get removed?

1 Like

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by winner01(m): 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
Seun are you seeing this. You know you cant ridicule religion for long.
Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by GRIMMJOE(m): 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2016
winner01:
Seun are you seeing this. You know you cant ridicule religion for long.
Seun doesn't have to ridicule Christianity,you guys are already doing a pretty good job
Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by KingEbukaNaija: 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
CoolUsername:

When you said that all atheists have murderous tendencies, did your post get removed?

But atheists have murderous tendencies . Anyway , that's not the point . The point is , its generally offensive that's why it won't make front page .And the number of atheists in Nigeria are not up to 10,000 - including the motor park touts . And we have a forum where you guys are less than 70 compared to over 1 million religious Nairalanders . You see ? Its not reasonable .

If this continues unchecked , I mean the expected corollary will certainly happen .
Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by KingEbukaNaija: 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
Seun doesn't have to ridicule Christianity,you guys are already doing a pretty good job

You guys are doing a pretty job ridiculing atheism . I mean I had to take a break to enjoy the foolishness displayed by the atheists as part of the audience .

Take a look at my signature . smiley
Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by GRIMMJOE(m): 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You guys are doing a pretty job ridiculing atheism . I mean I had to take a break to enjoy the foolishness displayed by the atheists as part of the audience .

Take a look at my signature . smiley
Say what you like, as long as that makes you feel better I don't mind
Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by hopefulLandlord: 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

But atheists have murderous tendencies . Anyway , that's not the point . The point is , its generally offensive that's why it won't make front page .And the number of atheists in Nigeria are not up to 10,000 - including the motor park touts . And we have a forum where you guys are less than 70 compared to over 1 million religious Nairalanders . You see ? Its not reasonable .

If this continues unchecked , I mean the expected corollary will certainly happen .

I've NEVER seen a motor park tout that is atheist

all of them believe in one god or the other, just listen to them talk and you'll know this

it takes a certain level of intelligence/education to be an atheist in Nigeria

the dumbest people I know are theists

although the most intelligent person I know is theist but I'm yet to meet a "dumb atheist" physically

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by KingEbukaNaija: 6:40pm On Oct 27, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I've NEVER seen a motor park tout that is atheist

all of them believe in one god or the other, just listen to them talk and you'll know this

I have seen a lot of motor park touts who are atheists . They are quick to criticize people who preach to them and they blaspheme a lot .

it takes a certain level of intelligence/education to be an atheist in Nigeria

But I don't consider you intelligent . Your comments are a complete joke . You have to be told . There are so many other atheists on Nairaland I don't see as intelligent .

the dumbest people I know are theists

The dumbest people I know are atheists , honestly .

although the most intelligent person I know is theist but I'm yet to meet a "dumb atheist" physically
When the answer is right there undecided. Plus I can't go around mentioning monikers of dumb atheists - its offensive .

1 Like

Re: I May Be Banned After This, But Truth Must Be Told by KingEbukaNaija: 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
Say what you like, as long as that makes you feel better I don't mind

Same applies to you smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Why We Need To Pray For One Another (photo) / Canaanland Is A Bad Name For Winners Chapel / Pastor Hit Lady With Chair During Deliverance, Rugged Man And Others React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.