Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Teacher, You Touched My Life Part 3 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Teacher, You Touched My Life Part 3 (441 Views)

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life / My Wife's Family Has Ruined My Home And My Life / Teacher, You Touched My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Teacher, You Touched My Life Part 3 by Fmnoble(m): 10:53am On Oct 27, 2016
My dear teacher, this note is for you. Here are the words (unspoken) that your students aren’t ready or can’t say yet. They are still true.

Take them to heart. Be encouraged. Let a smile rise to your lips. It is okay. You can feel the pride. You deserve it!

Don’t give up! Do all that you do and keep doing it well. Keep on teaching, Teacher! You are AWESOME!

One of the reasons that you are awesome is because of the difference you make for others. You change lives. You make things better. You put yourself on the line for the sake and betterment of those around you.

I am not talking about students this time. I am not talking about their families. I am not even talking about the community or society at large.

No, I am talking about us. The teachers. Those you work with. Those that you meet. Those that just hear about you.

You know what we do. We watch each other. We look and see what other teachers are doing, saying, and how they are acting and reacting. The good and the bad, we watch to see it all. We make choices based on what we see. We change what we do based on what we observe.

You know the old saying, “Great teachers beg, borrow, and steal.” Or something like that. We all do it, in some way, shape, or form. We look around to see what the other teachers are doing and make adjustments in ourselves.

I saw you, you made a note about something for your class based on what you saw or did on vacation. Thank you!

You bought some supplies with money from your own pocket because your students needed it and it was on sale. Thanks!

You went to a seminar and/or workshop while on summer break. Thank you so much!

You made time for planning even though you are not “on the clock.” Thanks, again!

You kept your teacher brain on even though school is not in session. I needed to see that. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You do a thousand little things day by day, in school and out of school, all of the time that we all see. These things make you a great teacher, and they are making all of us better teachers.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. You are awesome, Teacher. Education is better because of you! Keep on doing what you do and keep on teaching!

My reflections have been some thoughts that I really feel like I should write down. Writing helps me process them and will make them real to me. I decided to write them to you because, maybe, you are going through something similar and need some similar encouragement and thoughts.

This is one of those times that I am writing to myself and letting you listen in.

Too often I let myself get wrapped up in the actions, behavior, and/or attitude of one or a small handful of students. I let this small cluster change my day and change my attitude because of these students. I let this affect how I am feeling and change my behavior, actions, and reactions towards other students and my coworkers. I let this make me feel like a failure. I let this make me feel like a bad teacher. I let this make me doubt my choices the led to becoming a teacher at all.

These feelings do not last long, but they are nonetheless real. The feelings do affect me. They really do. Even if they are short-lasted, they do take a toll on me from time to time.

I know I shouldn’t let this happen. I know that letting one or a few students make me go down this road is not productive. But it happens. Every year. At least once or twice. The cycle begins and I have to work through it.

To continue follow this link: http://sagevibe.com.ng/2016/10/teacher-you-touched-my-life-part-3/

Courtesy of:www.sagevibe.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Father Kidnaps His Two Sons, Kills Them And Himself / “I Love Both Men. They Have Different Strengths”–zimbabwean Woman With 2 Husband / children are products of family love (husband&wife)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.