Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Facts About The 3 Major Ethnic Group In Nigeria. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Facts About The 3 Major Ethnic Group In Nigeria. (2022 Views)

Meet Wodaabe Men, A Fulani Ethnic Group Who Make-up For Easy Marriage, / Top 10 Largest Ethnic Group In Africa / 30 Interesting Facts About Some Nigerian Minority Ethnic Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts About The 3 Major Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by oluwatomisin93(m): 10:55am On Oct 27, 2016
Morning to all the nairalanders all over the world. Hope u all had a wonderful night rest. without wasting Mich of our time on pleasantries let me hit the nail on the head.
I have been a nairalander for long and very active in the romance and politics section but today it dawn on me that I had to put down a little write up on the major ethnic groups in Nigeria. let me begin by saying I hold no personal grudge with any of these ethic group. However, the truth be told. we all want a strong and a united nation of which can only be achieve when we have LOVE for one another. Even after the amalgamation of the northern and southern protectorate in 1914 and the independence of the giant of Africa in 1960, the giant of Africa is still lacking and that's why we haven't seen any progress so far.These major ethnic groups I will be talking about are:
1. Yoruba
2. Hausa
3. Igbo
Talking about the Yoruba's, they are found in the south west of Nigeria and a little from the north central. they are believed to be the descendant of oduwa. however, an average Yoruba man is insultive and an amebo. permit me to use that language. Anything he or she sees they must comment on it ranging from your looks the way u walk even the way u dress. Having a Yoruba man or woman as friend is funny. for instance if u don't understand their language, they get to insult u and the insult is done in such a way that he or she will be smiling at you and u will think he is greeting u. a Yoruba man can insult your fore father's and ur generation and he will still be smiling.
The Yoruba's are said to be respectful but am sorry to say that is in the past. most Yoruba boys this days don't even greet elders cos they are their own elders. A Yoruba man will be hurting u and still be smiling at u.
In the area of religion, the Yoruba's are usually mostly do not hold on to a religion. some celebrate Xmas at the same time celebrate sallah and when its time for Ogun festival, they are always present.
talking about the Hausa's, we regard them as the abokis. an Hausa man is the funny type. they make friends easily and they are very friendly. nevertheless, an Hausa man is very religious. he can do anything for religious sake. A Hausa doesn't play with his religion or his time for prayers. a Hausa man can kill for his religion. uneducated Hausa men love religious crisis cos that's is the time they use in acquiring their wealth. when an Hausa man is in a position to help he always help his own brother that is the more reason the north is more developed than the southern part of the country.
Just like the Yoruba, a Hausa man especially from katsina is very insultive. to them, insults are complement. a Hausa man don't mind insulting u in the presence of your father to them its normal but thru are very united of it happens to be what they will gain from. A wealthy Hausa man can carry out a project for his community from his own pocket to develop it but not a Yoruba nor an Igbo man this two only think about themselves and their family.
Igbo kwenu. I haven't stayed much with this group of people but the little I have stayed with tend not to like themselves. An Igbo man always want respect. if u sing an igbo an praises he can empty his pocket to show up. an Igbo man with no house in his village can be living in a rented house and driving a Bugatti. an Igbo man like living large. for club and bear parlor na them they lead. an Igbo man will not give u money but he can take u to a bear parlor to flex.
An Igbo man can kill even if bit is his own father for a plot of land. their major communal crisis is cos of land. T.B.C
pls I stand to be corrected if I have typed anything wrong but pls no foul language.

cc: lalasticala
Re: Facts About The 3 Major Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Authoreety: 10:57am On Oct 27, 2016
I'm cumin let me read the passage b4 I coment
Re: Facts About The 3 Major Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by KOBOJO: 11:37am On Oct 27, 2016
The three major ethnic groups in Nigeria., starting from most to the least populous are viz :

IGBOs

AFONJAs

HAUSAs.. .
Re: Facts About The 3 Major Ethnic Group In Nigeria. by Thobby02lawbar(f): 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
angry am not in agreement to your speculations.. Not all yorubas are insultive, and respecting people still runs in the blood.. It's only you spoilt brat dat refuses to respect people..

(1) (Reply)

Just A Line Of Love In Yoruba Language. / Rising Spate Of Tattoo Designs Worry Parents, Clergyman / 100 Scientific Terms Translated Into Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.