Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,388 members, 7,958,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:52 AM

Why Bill Gates’ Children Won’t Inherit His $81bn Fortune - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Bill Gates’ Children Won’t Inherit His $81bn Fortune (544 Views)

What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? / "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Bill Gates’ Children Won’t Inherit His $81bn Fortune by princeofthecity: 11:56am On Oct 27, 2016
Bill Gates, Microsoft creator, says none of his children would inherit his $81.7 billion fortune.

Gates who’s the world’s richest man says his wealth would be given away to charity when he dies.

The 69-year-old software entrepreneur said this Wednesday on ITV’s This Morning show.

Speaking to Holly Willoughby and Ben Shephard, Gates said his children understand his decision and are proud of it.

He noted that by bequeathing money to them, they may get derailed as the fortune would “distort anything” they may possibly intend to do with their lives.

“Well, our kids receive a great education and some money but they will go out and have their own careers.

“It’s not a favour to kids to have them have huge sums of wealth. It distorts anything they might do, creating their own path.”

FULL STORY at https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/bill-gates-children-81bn-inherit/
Re: Why Bill Gates’ Children Won’t Inherit His $81bn Fortune by InformedLola(f): 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
Admirable

(1) (Reply)

Inspirational Quote From Father To Son About Marriage / Last Night, His Neighbour Gave Birth To A Baby Girl, IN HIS CAR. / Have His Aliens Taken Him Away?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.