Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

10 Things All Mothers Need To Know - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Things All Mothers Need To Know (443 Views)

MOTHERS’ DAY - A Poem Dedicated To All Mothers / 17 Things All Men Can Relate To[photos] / MOTHERS’ DAY: A Poem Dedicated To All Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Things All Mothers Need To Know by Mamalettelive: 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
As mothers we have learnt a lot and still have a lot to learn, people will give you loads of advice on different topics, you might find some of those advice useful while others are plainly useless.

Beyond all these lessons there are a lot more deep lessons that we all need to learn ourselves, we need to know when to stand up and fight and when to give in and let go. We need to learn that sometimes, giving in doesn’t mean you are weak, there are times it takes strength to do so.

Below are other lessons I’ve learnt in the 15 years of my marriage and the things every mother need to know;

Every mother should know that there are times things will be beyond her control, she’d be confused as to what to do and nothing she tries will work. That doesn’t make you a failure mother, it only means you’re human.

Every mother should realise that yes, motherhood is beautiful but you might not enjoy every moment of it. So if you find yourself counting days until you stop breastfeeding, if you find yourself wishing your child would grow up quickly, that doesn’t make you a horrible, ungrateful mother.

Know when to quit and say enough is enough in a situation even though people might have negative things to say, only you know what you’re going through, you know when you can’t take anymore of it, and you alone know when you’re too tired to keep trying.

I need you to know that if you keep looking at society and what they would say you’ll not live, you’ll only live for people, forget what people will say, ignore criticism you and only you know what’s good for you.

Treat yourself nice because you’d be treated like trash if you treat yourself like one. Don’t let the society, your spouse or anyone push you over and get away with it because immediately they do it once and it worked they’d trample on you over and over again.

Mother, I’d like you to know that you’d encounter hardships in life, there would be days when you’ll wish the day should just be over so another new day and new chapter of your life can be opened, on such days, hold on, and remind yourself that it won’t always be like this. Sorrow endure for just a night but surely joy comes in the morning…

Listen to your inner voice always, I call it instinct and we as women were all born with it. When it tells you to avoid a situation, do something, avoid some people or stay calm, listen, so you don’t regret it.

When you are given advice, listen and hear them politely but do as you please, you don’t have to argue with people all the time because sometimes silence is golden.

Don’t try to be the super-hero mom, I haven’t seen any such that survived it, don’t take everything on yourself, people are there waiting for you to ask for help so they can offer it.

And when you are feeling low because times like that will come when the cloak of sadness will cover your being, find ways to cope with these feelings until it blow over like the wind.

You probably know this already but I’d say it again, when taking care of your family and kids ensure you take care of yourself too so that you can always be there to do your duty as a wife and mother. Those who never take a moment to focus on themselves aren’t always there to finish the journey they started.

Seek to gain respect from your husband and children always, from you, your children should learn the strength of a woman, and learn that women are not push-overs.

And whatever you do, whatever your imperfections are, whatever your body issues are, your children, yes your children love your imperfection perfectly and will never switch you with any other.

In their eyes you can do no wrong for you are enough, and always will be enough for your children …..

10 Things All Mothers Need To Know

(1) (Reply)

Family: Cute Twin Sisters Baby Bump / Uncontrollable Male Sex Drive Is A Myth / Fat Burner Juice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.