Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

LASRRA Officials In Bribery Fiesta - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / LASRRA Officials In Bribery Fiesta (521 Views)

Taxi Driver Fights Two Law Enforcement Officials In Akure (video) / Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 / Fake Blind Beggar And Her Colleagues Busted By Officials In Anambra. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LASRRA Officials In Bribery Fiesta by DesChyko: 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
With an dismay, I share this information
I went to Ojo L.G. Secreteriat in Lagos to enter for the Lagos State Residents Registration programme. When I got there at about 10a.m., the two guys handling the registration tasks were so slow, that after two solid hours, they had registered only three people.

Their ploy is to delay people so that they will have to part with their hard-earned cash to get quick service, and considering that this LASRRA identity will benefit the government, I see no reason why I should still pay for such service. I made it clear that I had an urgent appointment that I must make.

The reality is; once they knew that I and sic of my other colleagues were from the same organization, they probably guessed that we needed it urgently, and decided to extort money from us; that is despite the snail speed they are working with.

Along came a couple who were willing to exchange cash for service and they were given instant attention. Despite the camera not picking up her face, the operators reorganized their office; chairs and tables going this way and that only so that they would harvest this goodness. For close to 30 minutes, this went on and it still wouldn't capture her face.

We had to quit their premises and head over to Ota Awori Secreteriat, where we completed the registrations within 50 minutes. By then, my wife and our son had gotten home from the hospital. She put to bed yesterday.

These extortionists should be called to order. If LASG plan to use this as a source of revenue generation, they should make it official than allow such rotten attitudes to fester.

(1) (Reply)

49 Suspected Cultists, Kidnappers Paraded With Human Skulls / 75-year-old Woman Kidnapped In Benue State Regains Freedom (photo) / Kidnapped Australian Doctor Becomes Burkina Faso Citizen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.