Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone (2399 Views)

Tecno Camon I Quick Review: A Decent Bezel-less Smartphone For The Masses India / Koolnee K1 $149 Bezel-less Smartphone Spec Sheet... / Best Popular Full Screen And Bezel-less Smartphone Recently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Reediano(m): 6:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
Xiaomi has just released their latest flagship device which unlike others sets a new path in mobile technology. The new smartphone features a 6.4inch edgeless, bezel-less display which is actually the main highlight of this new device.

Now before you think the 6.4 inch display will make the device too large, you might also want to note that this phone actually has a 91.3% screen-to-body ratio which means that the Xiaomi Mi Mix isn't even as large as your regular 6.0inch phablet as it's only the size of your average 5.7-inch phone.

Although this isn't the first bezel-less smartphone, but what makes this actually stand out is the fact that while other phones keeps the top and bottom bezel, this new Mi Mix do away with both leaving only a little part at the bottom to house the camera which is located at the bottom right corner of the screen.

Due to the lack of top bezel, Xiaomi had to think out of the box to really make the phone work, first Xiaomi is using an ultrasonic distance sensor instead of the traditional proximity sensor. The camera which is located at the bottom uses a custom sensor that's 50% smaller than the average camera sensor.

There's no earpiece as well, so if you're one to make calls, you'll have to rely on cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology, which transmits sound without the need for a receiver.

On the regular part, the smartphone is powered by Snapdragon 821 chipset with a clock speed of 2.35ghz. In terms of memory, the device is available in two different variants which are the 4gb RAM and 128gb ROM variant or the 6gb RAM with 256gb ROM variant.

You can check out the Key Specification below

XIAOMI MI MIX SPECIFICATIONS AND PRICE
· 6.4-inch 2040 x 1080 pixel display
· 2.35GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor
· 4GB RAM + 128GB storage or 6GB RAM + 256GB UFS 2.0 storage
· 4,400mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 support
· 16-megapixel rear camera
5-megapixel front camera
· High-precision GPS with sensor-assisted positioning
. 4GB/128GB version will cost around $500 while 6GB/256GB version will cost around $600.

http://www.yomitech.com/2016/10/xiaomi-mi-mix-smartphone-worlds.html
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by eraly(m): 7:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
Reediano:
Xiaomi has just released their latest flagship device which unlike others sets a new path in mobile technology. The new smartphone features a 6.4inch edgeless, bezel-less display which is actually the main highlight of this new device.

Now before you think the 6.4 inch display will make the device too large, you might also want to note that this phone actually has a 91.3% screen-to-body ratio which means that the Xiaomi Mi Mix isn't even as large as your regular 6.0inch phablet as it's only the size of your average 5.7-inch phone.

Although this isn't the first bezel-less smartphone, but what makes this actually stand out is the fact that while other phones keeps the top and bottom bezel, this new Mi Mix do away with both leaving only a little part at the bottom to house the camera which is located at the bottom right corner of the screen.

Due to the lack of top bezel, Xiaomi had to think out of the box to really make the phone work, first Xiaomi is using an ultrasonic distance sensor instead of the traditional proximity sensor. The camera which is located at the bottom uses a custom sensor that's 50% smaller than the average camera sensor.

There's no earpiece as well, so if you're one to make calls, you'll have to rely on cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology, which transmits sound without the need for a receiver.

On the regular part, the smartphone is powered by Snapdragon 821 chipset with a clock speed of 2.35ghz. In terms of memory, the device is available in two different variants which are the 4gb RAM and 128gb ROM variant or the 6gb RAM with 256gb ROM variant.

5-megapixel front camera
. 4GB/128GB version will cost around $500 while 6GB/256GB version will cost around $600.

obe to dun, .....

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by luminouz(m): 8:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
eraly:

obe to dun, .....
Owo to pa!
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by luminouz(m): 8:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
eraly:

obe to dun, .....
Owo lo pa!
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Reediano(m): 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2016
luminouz:

Owo lo pa!

Hahaha .... grin

Na so na
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by ameezy(m): 9:14pm On Oct 27, 2016
Price?
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Reediano(m): 10:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
ameezy:
Price?

Read the post

It's there
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by harmbhrosz(m): 11:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
Twaleh to Xiaomi... Xiaomi Note 2 on my freaking mind grin
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Reediano(m): 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
harmbhrosz:
Twaleh to Xiaomi... Xiaomi Note 2 on my freaking mind grin

Same here manager
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Nsonaso(m): 9:06am On Oct 30, 2016
Reediano:

5-megapixel front camera

Those guys no try walahi... Few days after I purchase Mi Max 4GB RAM/ 128GB ROM na him dem come release this one

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Reediano(m): 10:20am On Oct 30, 2016
Nsonaso:

Those guys no try walahi... Few days after I purchase Mi Max 4GB RAM/ 128GB ROM na him dem come release this one

Lol... Too bad
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Olasco93: 11:43am On Oct 30, 2016
I love their phones because they're of appreciable qualities.
But, I might not like this particular one because anything above 5.5inches do not INTEREST me.
Thumbs up to them.
#My Opinion
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 01, 2016
O boy, see smartphone!
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Reediano(m): 3:43am On Nov 02, 2016
Olasco93:
I love their phones because they're of appreciable qualities.
But, I might not like this particular one because anything above 5.5inches do not INTEREST me.
Thumbs up to them.
#My Opinion

The size of the phone is actually just like a regular 5.7inch phone... That's just 0.2inch bigger
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 02, 2016
Hello Every phone geek in here i have a question My Gionee M3 Mini Power switch mistakely got cut and the flex is not available in market so can a similar Gionee Phone Power switch Flex work with my phone
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by ifechez: 7:20am On Nov 02, 2016
harmbhrosz:
Twaleh to Xiaomi... Xiaomi Note 2 on my freakipng mind grin

Hello Bro. I want to also get the note 2 but from users reviews and comments I saw online, they mostly complain about the heating of the phone on slight usage. Do you think that is true?
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by harmbhrosz(m): 7:30am On Nov 02, 2016
ifechez:

Hello Bro. I want to also get the note 2 but from users reviews and comments I saw online, they mostly complain about the heating of the phone on slight usage. Do you think that is true?
you mean the Note 2 that was just announced last week?

Try dig more on the review, i haven't read bad reviews about it yet tho
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by ifechez: 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
harmbhrosz:
you mean the Note 2 that was just announced last week?

Try dig more on the review, i haven't read bad reviews about it yet tho

Do you mean the note 2 prime? But I saw on GSM arena that both the note 2 and note 2 prime were announced on August 2015.
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by harmbhrosz(m): 1:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
ifechez:

Do you mean the note 2 prime? But I saw on GSM arena that both the note 2 and note 2 prime were announced on August 2015.
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_note_2-8014.php here's the one I'm talking about
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
Kinda downloaded the reviews now. The MI Mix is one he'll of a fragile phone! It's like carrying a piece of glassware as your daily driver. A single missed step, kpoi.game finished.
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Reediano(m): 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
Benstino:
Kinda downloaded the reviews now. The MI Mix is one he'll of a fragile phone! It's like carrying a piece of glassware as your daily driver. A single missed step, kpoi.game finished.
Not surprise
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by UcLloyd: 10:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
I want to buy Redmi Pro. Please where can I buy it and how much please And is it true is OLED screen?
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 03, 2016
UcLloyd:
I want to buy Redmi Pro. Please where can I buy it and how much please And is it true is OLED screen?

Always check kulimart.com
It's around 102K,and of course, it's OLED
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by juniweezy(m): 12:26am On Nov 03, 2016
Iamtosignno:
Hello Every phone geek in here i
have a question My Gionee M3 Mini
Power switch mistakely got cut and
the flex is not available in market so
can a similar Gionee Phone Power
switch Flex work with my phone
just throw it away.. Can't u see that a phone is being put on display
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Gptech(m): 12:32am On Nov 03, 2016
ifechez:

There is xiaomi redmi note 2 and xiaomi note 2. Both are different devices. The redmi series are the midrange series of xiaomi and are thus cheaper. The mi series are the flagship and are expensive. The one you are referring to is redmi note 2 and was released last year. The mi note was released just some days ago and costs more than 160k.
Concerning redmi note 2, yes it heats up and that has been blamed majorly on the octacore Helio x10 chipset it uses.
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Reediano(m): 8:11am On Nov 03, 2016
Gptech:

There is xiaomi redmi note 2 and xiaomi note 2. Both are different devices. The redmi series are the midrange series of xiaomi and are thus cheaper. The mi series are the flagship and are expensive. The one you are referring to is redmi note 2 and was released last year. The mi note was released just some days ago and costs more than 160k.
Concerning redmi note 2, yes it heats up and that has been blamed majorly on the octacore Helio x10 chipset it uses.

You are right..

Most Smartphones that were powered by the Helio X10 had same issue
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Reediano(m): 8:13am On Nov 03, 2016
Iamtosignno:
Hello Every phone geek in here i
have a question My Gionee M3 Mini
Power switch mistakely got cut and
the flex is not available in market so
can a similar Gionee Phone Power
switch Flex work with my phone

Why don't you check Ali express or other Chinese stores...
You might get it there
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by PAQ(m): 12:03am On Nov 04, 2016
What beauty....

Until it dops on the floor.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Smartphone, World's Edgeless Bezel-less Smartphone by Reediano(m): 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
PAQ:
What beauty....

Until it dops on the floor.
grin hahaha

(1) (Reply)

That Moment The Demand For The Nokia 3310 Is Higher Than The LG G6 & Xperia XZ / How To Save Whatsapp Status Using Es Explorer / My Experience Today With Thief Glo & Data Max.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.