Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,380 members, 7,861,047 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:06 PM

Wait Till You See The First Man Who’s Up For A Head Transplant Surgery. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Wait Till You See The First Man Who’s Up For A Head Transplant Surgery. (548 Views)

Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart / FMC Umuahia First Kidney Transplant Surgery Was Successful (Photos) / First Successful Head Transplant Carried Out On A Corpse In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wait Till You See The First Man Who’s Up For A Head Transplant Surgery. by supernova094(m): 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
Head transplant surgery may sound impossible, perhaps insane but it hasn’t stopped Scientists around the world from trying. It involves the decapitation of the patient who wants to have his or her head transplanted and grafting it into the body of another patient.

Frankly I can understand why a person would want to have a head transplant surgery but not I’m not quite sure who will be willing to have someone’s head grace his own body.

Before now, scientists have tried and had borderline success with head transplant surgery using animals like monkeys and dogs but this September, a 31 year old man, Valery Spiridonov will attempt to be the first man ever to have a human head transplant surgery.

Spiridonov as you can see is lame due to the fact that he has the disease known as Werdnig–Hoffmann disease, a rare neuro-muscular disorder. This disease leads to progressive muscle wasting until the patient eventually dies. As at 2016, no cure for the Werdnig-Hoffman disease has come to light.

But not to make you worry or panic, this disease is hereditary so if your ancestors never had it, you’re in luck.

So far so good as I mentioned earlier, no matter has ever tried this stunt before. And if experiments on lesser mammals proved abortive, we don’t imagine a human will survive this.

The Neurosurgeon who plans to undertake the operation is (continue reading http://thelekkipost.com/wait-till-you-see-the-first-man-whos-up-for-a-head-transplant-surgery/

Re: Wait Till You See The First Man Who’s Up For A Head Transplant Surgery. by MarqusSpyce(m): 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
me I dint even bother to read I just grabbed my Ftc once I cannot be looking at Ftc and it is looking at me just like that mtchheew

(1) (Reply)

10 Actionable Health Benefits Of Lemon In Warm Water You Should Know / Possible To Lose 9kg In 2days? / What You Need To Know About Coca Cola Before You Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.