Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Rape,the Enemy Within - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rape,the Enemy Within (429 Views)

An Enemy Within / Father Is The Enemy By Johnysky / See 5 Ways The Enemy Is Attacking Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rape,the Enemy Within by salokoBlessing: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2016
Hearing of a rape case usually swings me into a mood of sadness, no matter the age of the victim I would find myself wallowing in pity for the victim. Though other persons may not be too moved the way I get emotional about the issue of rape but sometimes I believe it has to do with my emotional wiring. I always see the act as striping a woman of her dignity, you violate her and get her into a psychological and emotional mess. Most cases of rape are not brought out to the open because of the stigma that goes with it, but if I may ask was it the 10(ten yrs. old fault that her mother was not watchful enough to know that her step-father have sex with her at night. What about the poor little girl that was sent to hawk food items for her mother only to be gang raped by some area thugs. I must say the list is endless.
Rape could be done by anyone strangers or family members, and that’s why I titled this piece “When the Enemy is Within”. It could be so disheartening to hear a child say her father has being having sex with her, or her uncles was the one that defiled her. I once heard of a case when a teenage girl living with her mother and step-father was raped by her step father at night when the mother was on a night shift, this was is really wicked. what pains me most is the fact that the society is treating this issue with kid gloves, how can you treat an issue that can damage the life of a person or lead to suicidal actions so lightly.
But if the society still has this wicked flirts of men that are ready to penetrate any hole as far as is that of a girl or a lady do we move out of the society? Do we kill our female at birth? or maybe input a chip into her private part?. The truth is these have almost become necessary with the alarming rape cases we have in the country today, but we need do all these. Mothers I employ you to watch your daughters carefully, guard them so jealously, please don’t let her life be ruined. Talk to her endlessly, create a good relationship with your daughters, if she is being reluctant about going to some places, associating with some certain friends or relations ask her questions ,provide conducive environment for mother-daughter discussions. For your young or teenage daughters, watch how they walk, if an adult could have difficulty with moving freely with her legs after a rape incidence what about a kid. Please mothers your daughters her the mothers of tomorrow so they need to be emotionally, psychologically and physically stable for the task ahead of them.
Till I write again…………………………..be a change
Re: Rape,the Enemy Within by donbenedict(m): 11:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
Do you wallow in pity when a man is raped by a female or two?

(1) (Reply)

Eczema /cream Reaction Help / Protect Your Children Now! / Do You Need A Private Home Tutor? Make Use Your First Choice...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.