Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th (1733 Views)

Poll: Which team will win this?

Barnsley: 42% (3 votes)
Manchester United: 57% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 / Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 / Carling Cup Semi: Man City Vs Man Utd [2 - 1] On Tues, 19th Jan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Cristalz(f): 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2009
Barnsley will be without on-loan trio Ryan Shotton, Carl Dickinson and Nathan Doyle plus striker Andy Gray for the Carling Cup clash with Manchester United.
Stoke defenders Shotton and Dickinson and Hull midfielder Doyle have all played for their parent clubs earlier in the competition while Gray played for Charlton in the first round before his move to Barnsley in late August.
Otherwise, manager Mark Robins has a full-strength squad to choose from, with no new injury problems following Saturday's 3-2 home defeat to Bristol City.
Robins must decide whether to recall Brazilian midfielder Anderson De Silva and the rested Jon Macken to his starting line-up while fellow striker Daniel Bogdanovic was on the scoresheet on Saturday.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will again ring the changes for the match.
Promising striker Danny Welbeck could be given a run-out after getting the goal that brought down Wolves in the last round. Midfielder Darren Fletcher might also feature if he recovers from a groin injury that ruled him out of the defeat at Liverpool.
Senior professionals like Michael Owen, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes and Wes Brown are all set to be involved.  Assistant manager Mike Phelan confirmed: "We will change things around as we need to have a look at some players.
"Then we will move on to the match against Blackburn. We need to put things right after losing to Liverpool.''

ESPN
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 26, 2009
2 nil defeat for MU
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by mykali(m): 8:18pm On Oct 26, 2009
BlueDiva:

2 nil defeat for MU

lmfao. Brazenly Spoken grin
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Borat1: 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2009
Truth be told, berbadud should be named in that squad. I mean its not like they're saving him for anything.
For these championship teams, playing in the carling cup is a hit and run affair. They dont think long term like the prem teams and are not conservative. They go at you and keep going at you.
If they win, fine
If they lose, fine. . .
Thats why there's always a high casualty rate for prem teams in the CC, even the big 4 are not spared.
And Barnsley. . . . grin
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Cristalz(f): 9:43pm On Oct 26, 2009
What kind of wahala is this. . .Nigeria-Honduras is at 7pm.

Game won't be over when this one starts and I don't want to miss a bit of either.

@Borat
True that.
But, I think United won't take this one lightly.
Burnley left some scars. grin

Burnley, Barnsley. . .scary opponents in league games.
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by adebayo201: 1:55am On Oct 27, 2009
Un!ted wnt take d!z 4grantd. !t w!l b a thriller match to watch. ! G!v !t 2 United 3goalz to 1.

U dnt want to m!ssed either of the matches em em. Ok, du !t d!z way luk 4 a dstv house where the F!FA and CC wuld b shown. Ur pocket go talk cheesy .

S!nce d CC !s a w!nn!ng or los!ng game 4 naw, y du u cr8 a column 4 draw @cris
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by zeex: 5:57am On Oct 27, 2009
All this una basket mouth against manutd go tier today after the match, I promise una say you no go get mouth to talk again or abuse una league champions.
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by tayoccu(m): 12:11pm On Oct 27, 2009
it's gonna be tricky, but the red-scum will win this.

@criz
draw? shocked shocked shocked shocked

edit the poll wink
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by DrKitaun(m): 6:09pm On Oct 27, 2009
Cristalz:

What kind of wahala is this.  .  .Nigeria-Honduras is at 7pm.

Game won't be over when this one starts and I don't want to miss a bit of either.

@Borat
True that.
But, I think United won't take this one lightly.
Burnley left some scars. grin

Burnley, Barnsley.  .  .scary opponents in league games.

I see the end of the Scum team in this tourney tonite . . .

ask T.B Joshua who concurs with me  grin  grin[quote][/quote]
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Sauron1: 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2009
Foster

Neville----Brown----Evans----Fabio

Obertan---Rafael---Anderson---Welbeck

Macheda    Owen

Now, why would Fergie play Rafael in the midfield?? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Surely, it must be Neville in the midfield, not Rafael.
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Sauron1: 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2009
GOALLLLLLL!!!

Go on WELBECK!!!!!
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by HNIC(m): 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2009
Ben Foster is a comedian!!! grin
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Sauron1: 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2009
HNIC:

Ben Foster is a comedian!!! grin

He is a bag of nerves!!!!
I don't understand him. . . . .They should take a sample of his urine for doping. . . .
It seems he's on DRUGS!!!
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by HNIC(m): 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2009
@Sauron
Barnsley is slowly creeping back into the game
Man u had better watch it
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Sauron1: 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2009
HNIC:

@Sauron
Barnsley is slowly creeping back into the game
Man u had better watch it

I expect em to. . . . . .They are a goal down at HOME!!!

Dunno how O'Shea starts ahead of Rafael, Fabio and Brown.
Look at the way the Brazilian twins are keeping things simple and finding team mates with ease.
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by kaypumpin2(m): 9:20pm On Oct 27, 2009
Man U's defending is shocking  shocked and dire.Three times in a roll and they were beaten to the ball aerially. shocked

And this team is filled with your first teamers. . . Brown,Phil Neville,Anderson,Owen and i am sure but for Rio's pathetic form,he woulda being playing. grin

Where is Pogba?
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Sauron1: 9:22pm On Oct 27, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Man U's defending is shocking  shocked and dire.Three times in a roll and they were beaten to the ball aerially. shocked

And this team is filled with your first teamers. . . Brown,Phil Neville,Anderson,Owen and i am sure but for Rio's pathetic form,he woulda being playing. grin

Where is Pogba,is he playing?

Pogba is only 16. . . . . . .He is still in the academy.

Beaten aerially? How?? The team is filled with first teamers and you can only name 4 of them?
Our defence is dire and they haven't conceded a goal?
Na wa for GAYnners o.
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by lalaboi(m): 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2009
C'mon Barnsley!!!!, . . . grin
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Sauron1: 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2009
lalaboi:

C'mon Barnsley!!!!, . . . grin

If you add Drogba, Anelka, Cech, Terry and Bosingwa to Barnsley, they will still be battered.
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by chic2pimp(m): 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2009
See wetin Owen has been reduced too ehn? undecided Appearing in the odd carling cup match shakes his head
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Sauron1: 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2009
chic2pimp:

See wetin Owen has been reduced too ehn? undecided Appearing in the odd carling cup match shakes his head

He plays for Man Utd. . . . . .Tevez appeared in all the Carling Cup games last season and he's a starter for Argentina.
I remember Veron playing in this competition too at his pomp.

Without boasting, if Messi joins United tonight, he will play a Carling Cup match.
This is MAN UTD. grin
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by kaypumpin2(m): 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2009
Pogba is only 16. . . . . . .He is still in the academy.

Jack Wilshere was just 16 years 256 days at the time he featured in a EPL match.I don't think age should be a barrier in a tourney that's got not so much allure.

Beaten aerially? How?? The team is filled with first teamers and you can only name 4 of them?
Evan,Foster . . .  tongue grin that's more than half of the team already. grin
Our defence is dire and they haven't conceded a goal?
Against a quality team with quality goal scorers,your team would have paid a heavy price with your topsy turvy defending.It's obvious or you watching on a radio?

Na wa for GAYnners o.
Scummies and their ability to avoid the truth.[quote][/quote]
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Sauron1: 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Jack Wilshere was just 16 years 256 days at the time he featured in a EPL match.I don't think age should be a barrier in a tourney that's got not so much allure.

Jack Wilshere is an English player. . . . .He did not have to change location at age 16 to play for the Champions of England.
I have always told you guys to stop comparing Arsenal to Man Utd. Your squad is paper-thin and any self-servicer can start games for Arsenal.
Will Jack Wilshere start for Man Utd at age 16? Will he start for Chelsea? There lies your answer.

Evan,Foster . . .  tongue grin that's more than half of the team already. grin

How many of the players you mentioned above started in Rome in last season's CL?

Against a quality team with quality goal scorers,your team would have paid a heavy price with your topsy turvy defending.It's obvious or you watching on a radio?
Scummies and their ability to avoid the truth.

I will not argue with a GAYnner that saw PHIL Neville in United's line up tonight. grin grin grin
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by HNIC(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2009
A more experienced Championship side like West Brom or Boro would have been leading this utd team by 2-1
Very poor 1st half on the part of manure bar Welbeck's goal.
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Sauron1: 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2009
HNIC:

A more experienced Championship side like West Brom or Boro would have been leading this utd team by 2-1
Very poor 1st half on the part of manure bar Welbeck's goal.

Hehehehehehehe. . . . . .
This is a competition the Arses have never won under the stewardship of Arsene Wenger and yet they won't keep their mouths shut.
Poor first half, mediocre defence and Barnsley have no SHOTS ON TARGET. . . . .Let Wenger win it first before y'all can pass comments.

Una nor dey shame? United have a title to defend and they are doing it comfortably with a patched up team.
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by chic2pimp(m): 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2009
OWENNNNN OLODO RABATA grin cheesy KAI OWEN OF 6 YEARS WOULDA SCORED embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Sauron1: 9:54pm On Oct 27, 2009
chic2pimp:

OWENNNNN OLODO RABATA grin cheesy KAI OWEN OF 6 YEARS WOULDA SCORED embarassed embarassed embarassed

His weaker foot. wink
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Sauron1: 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2009
Tosic on for Danny Welbeck. . . . What a relief!!!
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by kaypumpin2(m): 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Will Jack Wilshere start for Man Utd at age 16? Will he start for Chelsea? There lies your answer.
How can he start in a team that loaned out Dos Santos and other budding young talents that they have?

How many of the players you mentioned above started in Rome in last season's CL?
Who cares?

I will not argue with a GAYnner that saw PHIL Neville in United's line up tonight. grin grin grin
U no well  grin Blame it on the alco-ho-ho-l. grin

This Owen put the less in use-less.Na this one wan go world cup?Na this kain player they make Dayo yab England well well.
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by kaypumpin2(m): 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2009
See as Barnsley they make mockery of a defence that has Gary,Brown and Evan shocked shocked

A more composed team woulda scored a shit load of goals.
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by kaypumpin2(m): 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2009
See control from Owen  grin  grin  grin

This dude is a certified DUD.

And he made me swallow my words.Top notch goal cool
Re: Carling Cup: Barnsley Vs Man United [0 - 2] On Tues 27th by Sauron1: 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2009
kay_pumpin:

How can he start in a team that loaned out Dos Santos and other udding young talent that they have?

Just admit your squad is quack. . . . .

Who cares
U no well  grin Blame it on the alco-ho-ho-l. grin

Which is why i won't debate with you tonight.

This Owen put the less in use-less.Na this one wan go world cup?Na this kain player they make Dayo yab England well well.

He is better than any striker that has ever played for the Arses.
Ballon d'Or winner. . . . . .Henry, Ian Wright never did that

Wait a minute. . . . .OWEN JUST SCORED.
Owen has just made you eat your WORDS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Small Boys Vs Mature Men.(arsenal 0 Vs Chelsea 3 / French Ligue 1 Starts Today! / Stuttgart Signs 16-year-old Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.