Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab (6362 Views)

Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected / OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab / What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by EyeHateGod: 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2016
LifestyleTonite:
The verses don't contradict each other.

aminusanti is just the one creating a contradiction by quoting off context just to suit his Islamic belief.

The passage simply says that a woman should cover her hair when praying, but when not, she can leave it open cos it's a GLORY that helps COVER her head. Which sane human covers honor her glory?
Did You see the "But"
Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by aminusanti(m): 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Did You see the "But"
Finally.. pls now explain it to him

1 Like

Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by EyeHateGod: 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
aminusanti:
Finally.. pls now explain it to him
You are The One that took stuff out from context
Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by aminusanti(m): 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2016
LifestyleTonite:
The verses don't contradict each other.

aminusanti is just the one creating a contradiction by quoting off context just to suit his Islamic belief.

The passage simply says that a woman should cover her hair when praying, but when not, she can leave it open cos it's a GLORY that helps COVER her head. Which sane human covers honor her glory?
That's why I decided not to reply your previous post, is like ur brain is blocked

Is that not d question I asked b4 and u refused to reply earlier knowing that it will expose u . above are the 2 verses that u stick to not knowing 11:10 will contradict ur false claims and without shame now u are saying I am d one causing the contraction, am I d writer of this ur so called confused bible ?

1 Like

Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by aminusanti(m): 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

You are The One that took stuff out from context
ok explain it now and also mention the contradiction that u just mentioned
Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by EyeHateGod: 7:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
aminusanti:
ok explain it now and also mention the contradiction that u just mentioned
i already did
Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by aminusanti(m): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

The Verse Following the one you Quoted is A Contradiction to the One You quoted
1Co 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: [size=17pt] for [her] hair is given her for a covering. [/size]
Now read here

1 Corinthians 11:10► For this reason, and because of the angels the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head.
Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by EyeHateGod: 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
aminusanti:

Now read here

1 Corinthians 11:10► For this reason, and because of the angels the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head.
Is head the same Are Hair? The Hair is the Sign of Authority over Her Head
Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by aminusanti(m): 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Is head the same Are Hair? The Hair is the Sign of Authority over Her Head
Whats head here referring to? And
Because of angels? What angels?
Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
So very funny
Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by LifestyleTonite: 7:38pm On Oct 30, 2016
aminusanti:

That's why I decided not to reply your previous post, is like ur brain is blocked

Is that not d question I asked b4 and u refused to reply earlier knowing that it will expose u but lucky someone out there is reading.. above are the 2 verses that u stick to not knowing 11:10 will contradict ur false claims and without shame now u are saying I am d one causing the contraction, am I d writer of this ur so called confused bible ?
Why are you going back and forth? I thought I told you that that entire passage is talking about prayer and fellowship, nothing else. So, if it says a woman should cover her head as a symbol of authority, it only means during fellowship and not a regular culture to be practiced even outside the congregation.

If a woman doesn't cover her head when praying , the demonic angels will feel she has no authority over her. This might make them possess her, cos as good angels are present during prayer, evil angels are also present. But with a symbol of authority over a woman's head when praying, the evil angels will see the authority and back off. What's the authority?

The authority is God who is the head of Christ, Christ the head of Man and Man the head of the woman. The covered head of a woman when praying symbolises that authority which wards off evil angels. Once prayers and fellowship are over, she can take the scarf off cos her hair is given to her as her glory which helps cover her head.

1. Now, if Christian ladies were ordered to cover their head always, why didn't Yahshua the author and finisher of our faith rebuke Mary Magdalene when she used her hair to wash his feet?

2. Why did the same Paul you are trying to misconstrue write to Timothy concerning how Christian ladies should dress which includes hairstyle but not elaborate? If he wanted 24/7 hair covering, wouldn't he have written that in the letter?

1 Timothy 2:9

"I also want the women to dress MODESTLY, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with ELABORATE hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes,"

He would have warned against not veiling always. But no, he advised that they should wear their hair MODERATELY and not ELABORATELY.
Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by EyeHateGod: 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2016
aminusanti:

Whats head here referring to? And
Because of angels? What angels?

You are Confused Bro Next time Read to Comprehend Don't just take things out of Context read to understand... The problem that chapter has is that Paul Contradicted him self and noting else
Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by aminusanti(m): 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

You are Confused Bro Next time Read to Comprehend Don't just take things out of Context read to understand... The problem that chapter has is that Paul Contradicted him self and noting else
Am asking u simple question and u are telling a different story here.. and did you just paul contradicted himself?...if u dont know what I am askin kindly go back and read my previous posts carefully or Ask someone to read for u...
Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2016
LifestyleTonite:
follow this link to see the lies from the Islamic world debunked

https://lifestyletonight..co.id/2016/09/it-is-lie-mary-didnt-wear-hijab.html?m=1

<<As for Jewish women, there is clear evidence that in the first century they covered their heads not only for prayer but whenever they were outside of their own home. It is said that some Jewish women kept themselves covered at all times. In public, they not only covered their heads, but the lower part of their faces as well. For the women this was a matter of morals, and a religious duty, not merely a matter of style or convenience. Joachim Jeremias describes the Jewish custom.
Eastern women take no part in public life. This was true of Judaism in the time of Jesus, in all cases where Jewish families faithfully observed the Law. When the Jewess of Jerusalem left her house, her face was hidden by an arrangement of two head veils, a head-band on the forehead with bands to the chin, and a hairnet with ribbons and knots, so that her features could not be recognized. It was said that once, for example, a chief priest in Jerusalem did not recognize his own mother when he had to carry out against her the prescribed process for a woman suspected of adultery. Any woman who went out without this headdress, i.e., without her face being hidden, committed such an offence against good taste that her husband had the right—and indeed the duty—to put her away from him, and was under no obligation to pay the sum of money to which, on divorce, the wife had a right by virtue of the marriage contract. There were even women so strict that they did not once uncover their head in the house, women like Qimhit, who, it was said, saw seven sons admitted to the high priesthood, which was regarded as divine reward for her extreme propriety: 'May it [this and that] befall me if the beams of my house have ever seen the hair of my head.' Only in her wedding procession was a bride seen with uncovered head, and then only if she were a virgin, not a widow. (12)>>

Culled from http://www.bible-researcher.com/headcoverings3.html#note12
Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by najib632(m): 12:00am On Nov 02, 2016
LifestyleTonite:
i can see that the write up in the link really struck a nerve in you that made you upload pictures that have been debunked by the link I posted.

Now, check these questions out.

was there a photographer or a video camera in the past that caught an image of Mary? No.

Of what relevance is Mary to Christians? Nothing other than she gave birth to our Messiah.

So, should Christian ladies emulate whatever she did? No, cos she's not the author and finisher of our faith, Yahshua, whom we look up to in deeds.

Now, you've filled thus thread with pictures of "Mary" putting in what looks like an hijab. That picture can never be the Mary of the Bible cos it was never recorded that she did such. Those pictures were painted by the Catholic Church widely known as Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots, who corrupts the world. They are the same people who painted Yahshua the Messiah with Long Hair, a thing the Bible called shameful for a man to wear.

1 Corinthians 11:14
Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is dishonor to him?

Pls, don't ever say Christians are the ones who painted Mary like that. The painting was inspired by the Catholic pagan roots who transformed all the Roman and Greek gods and goddesses into biblical saints in order for unsuspecting folks to worship them.

As you can see, the painting of Mary on hijab with halo all over her head inspired the moulding of statues which the Catholic Church members bow down to. True Christians don't do that cos the Bible warns against such.

Leviticus 26:1
"You shall not make idols for yourselves; neither a carved image nor a sacred pillar shall you rear up for yourselves; nor shall you set up an engraved stone in your land, to bow down to it; for I am the Lord your God.

So, it us clear that those who do such aren't Christians but pagans disguising as such.

Now read this verse

1 Corinthians 11:5
(New International Version)
But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head--it is the same as having her head shaved.

You See, you misunderstood it very much. It says women should cover their hair when praying. It didn't say women should cover their hair ALWAYS. Only an illiterate or someone trying to manipulate the verse will misunderstand such. Reading further...

1 Corinthians 11:15
But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory for her; for her hair is given to her for a covering.

So you see, a woman's hair helps cover her head, this gives her no need to use a veil or an hijab.

New time, Mr aminusanti, verify very well before you swallow a claim, otherwise you might just be swallowing a huge falsehood. If you could actually belief that Mary wore an hijab due to mere paintings that surfaced hundreds of years after she passed away, then you are mostly like going to believe it if shown a picture Jesus kissing the Kaaba in mecca and also beheading someone. Perhaps a picture of him putting on 8 gold chains like Chris Brown will be better believed by you.

The internet has really exposed the lies Islam has prospered on.

Pls, address the topic which is "Muslim Paradise Vs Christian Paradise". Thanks you.

For those interested in the link which debunked the LIE that Mary wore an Hijab

https://lifestyletonight..co.id/2016/09/it-is-lie-mary-didnt-wear-hijab.html?m=1
Am not suprised. A Nasarat will always defend immorality.

1 Like

Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by udatso: 12:02pm On Nov 06, 2016
In that article, I found this interesting
Is the Catholic Church the authority to tell us what the mother of our lord Yahshua looked like? No! It can never be and shouldn't be. How can the Catholic Church that claims that Mary is the mother of God be authorized to portray Mary. They fraudulently smuggled a false doctrine or dogma of Trinity which says Christ is God when the Bible only mentioned him as Yahweh's beloved son. If you believe their dogma of Trinity, then it means you also believe that God has a mother called Mary the mother of Christ whom they believe is God. Isn't that an abomination?
At least I am glad you and I agreed that he isn't God. Now try convincing your other Christian friends on this forum
Re: it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab by abduljabbar4(m): 3:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
aminusanti:

Honestly, u dont have shame or maybe you are doing all this out of ignorance.. i asked you in my previous post but u deliberately ignore it knowing that it will exposed ur lies.. but i will further explain what you are trying to hide here..just keep reading

[size=15pt]verse 5 > why is it inappropriate?[/size]

Just look at how you deliberately remove that verse out of it context! let me put a different English translation

11:6►By a woman’s head being uncovered, this was the same personal shame as having her hair sheared or shaved

1 Corinthians 11:6► Explanation
By a woman’s head being uncovered, this was the same personal shame as having her hair sheared or shaved. simple!

NOW READ CAREFULLY BELOW AND COMPARE YOUR INTERPRETATION AND THE ACTUAL INTERPRETATION

1 Corinthians 11:5► And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered [size=14pt]dishonors her head—it is just as though her head were shaved[/size].

1 Corinthians 11:6► If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and [size=14pt]if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head.[/size]

1 Corinthians 11:10► For this reason, [size=14pt]and because of the angels the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head[/size].

Explanation
first, we need to understand that these angels in verse 10 are referring to the evil angels which are always present, though unseen(which we muslim called as Jinn demon, saitan etc). . Therefore women should cover their heads in order not to tempt the angels to come down and take them as wives this is supported by

Genesis 6: 1-4 ►
1►When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them,
2► the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.
3► Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with [a] man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."
4► The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

You also have...

► 2 Peter 2:4
4► For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell,[b] putting them into gloomy dungeons
to be held for judgment;

►The commentary...
►and of Aza and Azael, angels, who, they say, [size=14pt]sinned by lusting after the daughters of men[/size], they frequently affirm, that God cast them down from their holiness

From the above verse it simply means Demonic possession.
So, It simply tells women to wear the veil so that it can show that they are subjected to man in authority and so that they cannot tempt the angels to lust after them.
but if you don't agree with this then explain verse 10 to us ". [size=13pt]A woman has to wear the veil because of the angels. What does this mean?[/size]

[size=16pt]Answer my questions and stop beating around the bush! i wont be replying u again if run away from answering my questions.[/size]

Lol see how you embarrassed the guygrin. Nice one

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Avoid Major Sins / Adkhaar / The Deviated Shi’ah & Ashoora – 10th Muharram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.