Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 (3463 Views)

I Just Got A Job In A University With My 3rd Class. / Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? / This Is What Banks Pay Their Employees ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by ishmael(m): 7:18am On Jan 11, 2007
ayomidele:

i support u shevchenko. infact its gettin too much the way banks, celtel & co r doing most of the graduate out there can not say they actually worked for what they have 2day. some used their body and the others paid. well i wish 3rd class & 2.2 all the best. God will make a way where there seems 2 be no way.

Banks especially, go the extra mile to establish business business relationships with successful businessmen and women who graduated with 3rd class and pass Degree as well as polytechnic HND holders. Let dem leave everything that has to do with 3rd class, pass and HND alone.
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2007
Is a 2.1 in a Mushroom State University equal to a 2.2 in a highly rated Federal University? embarassed lipsrsealed undecided grin grin
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2007
smiley
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by ichielynda(m): 1:23pm On Jan 11, 2007
rusky, Abeg go sit down, so the so call 3rd class ,Hnd should go jump into well for their result. pls dont be selfish
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by ishmael(m): 1:48pm On Jan 11, 2007
ichielynda:

rusky, Abeg go sit down, so the so call 3rd class ,Hnd should go jump into well for their result. please don't be selfish

Don't mind the selfish guy.
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by ehie007(m): 3:59pm On Jan 11, 2007
i agree with rusky what is the percentage of the third class students that were victimized, its miniimal.though we have a lot of people who buy their way through to get 2.1 even 2.2. but those u have first class pls lets give it to them becos i dont think u can pay ur way through to first class even if someone try he/she would be scared cos he/she can not defend it.
am a 2.2 graduate i should have had 2.1 if i only faced my books seriously and ontime; but i mixed everything in school, i mean parties/hang outs/shows/sports and so on,

check this statistics: out of every ten 2.1 graduate 3 to 4 of them payed and slept their way through, the rest deserve it.
out of every ten 2.2 graduates. one payed his/her way through, 4 were not too serious with their studies they were involved in programmes like parties/shows/sports e.t.c. three are average students and the remaining two were victimized one way or the other.

so not all the blame goes to the employers. when nigeria gets better the discriminations will drastically reduce.

but for third class dont have any statistics but i feel a lot of them were not lucky.

EHI cool
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by ishmael(m): 8:05am On Jan 12, 2007
ehie007:

those u have first class please lets give it to them because i don't think u can pay your way through to first class even if someone try he/she would be scared because he/she can not defend it.

So mean you have never seen people with 1st class Degrees and they still can't major up with some people with 2.1 and even 2.2 sef?? I'm laughing grin cheesy grin cheesy Dem plenty for Nigeria my brother. Some 2.1 and 2.2 graduates from UI, UNILAG, IFE, ABU and UNN are better than many first class graduates from Abia state uni, Imo state uni, Ebonyi state uni etc. if you want me to name them. I see them everyday.
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by belle4u2nv(f): 9:42am On Jan 12, 2007
[/quote]Some 2.1 and 2.2 graduates from UI, UNILAG, IFE, ABU and UNN are better than many first class graduates from Abia state uni, Imo state uni, Ebonyi state uni etc. if you want me to name them. I see them everyday.[quote]

You obviously don't know what you are talknig about.
Is it the same UNILAG that records not less than 70 first class every academic year?
(as though its that easy to make a first class)
Or is it the UI that recorded 4 first class graduates( & the rest of the class 2.1) from Computer Science dept at one sitting? (a friend was one of them).

How about UNN where every body graduates with a 2.1 (try to make a survey).
@ Ishmael
Dont just go to that angle because you are in no position to castigate.
A friend's friend graduated from UNILAG with a first class in Bus Admin. She is a high class runz girl who never attended lectures or wrote exams. She paid for all her A's and very few B's.She is presently in d highest paying oil company. She did not write any apt test. The rest has become history.

So don't start a topic you are not well grounded in.
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by ishmael(m): 10:07am On Jan 12, 2007
belle4u2nv:

You obviously don't know what you are talknig about.
Is it the same UNILAG that records not less than 70 first class every academic year?
(as though its that easy to make a first class)
Or is it the UI that recorded 4 first class graduates( & the rest of the class 2.1) from Computer Science debt at one sitting? (a friend was one of them).

How about UNN where every body graduates with a 2.1 (try to make a survey).
@ Ishmael
Dont just go to that angle because you are in no position to castigate.
A friend's friend graduated from UNILAG with a first class in Bus Admin. She is a high class runz girl who never attended lectures or wrote exams. She paid for all her A's and very few B's.She is presently in d highest paying oil company. She did not write any apt test. The rest has become history.

So don't start a topic you are not well grounded in.

That means anybody can make a 1st class against what someone posted earlier that you cannot bribe your way to get a 1st class.
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by ehie007(m): 10:28am On Jan 12, 2007
ishmael y are u particular about state univerities in the east are u saying they are not good. see guy the federal universities have lost their glory they only carry names and a lot of students who do runs to get 2.1 or first class, even 2.2 in quote are more in the federal universities. ther are some few state universities that produce better graduates than the so called high class, over hyped federal universities.though we have a lot of mushroom state universsities so also we have a lot of lost gloried federal universities. so do not just condem state universities alone. capishe.
hope u did not do runs for ur certificate. grin
cheers!
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by ishmael(m): 10:59am On Jan 12, 2007
ehie007:

ishmael y are u particular about state univerities in the east are u saying they are not good. see guy the federal universities have lost their glory they only carry names and a lot of students who do runs to get 2.1 or first class, even 2.2 in quote are more in the federal universities. ther are some few state universities that produce better graduates than the so called high class, over hyped federal universities.though we have a lot of mushroom state universsities so also we have a lot of lost gloried federal universities. so do not just condem state universities alone. capishe.
hope u did not do runs for your certificate. grin
cheers!

Please forgive me for i do not know what i'm saying.
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by ehie007(m): 11:40am On Jan 12, 2007
Ishmael U are pardoned.
but u need to say "10 OUR FATHERS", "5 HAIL MARY" and "10 GLORY BE" prayers for u to be cleansed if u are a christian
but if u are a muslim u need to say 10 prayers b4 the close of the day
but if u are a traditional worshiper or otherwise; dont know what to tell you, may be u should jump into the lagoon for proper cleansen. (just kidding) wink
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by belle4u2nv(f): 12:04pm On Jan 12, 2007
[/quote]That means anybody can make a 1st class against what someone posted earlier that you cannot bribe your way to get a 1st class.[quote]

@Ishmael
You can say that again
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by rusky(m): 12:34pm On Jan 12, 2007
my people,

how una dey? i see the arguments are still going on. we seem to be digressing from the topic.

ehie, i like your take on ishmael, telling him to say 10 hail marys was very funny. i am interested to know what you do. you seem like someone i would like to talk with.

please let us concentrate on getting jobs and not arguing on grade. let us just pray.
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by ehie007(m): 1:32pm On Jan 12, 2007
thanks rusky. i work with fidelity bank and am just chiling.
pls guys find attached some jobs my bank just posted.
cheers.

Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2007
You don't bribe your way to a first class degree. This guys are in a class of their own, let's give it to them. A 2.1 from a state universityu is not the same as a 2.2 from a federal univcersity, withour recourse to whatever opinion anybody may hold, why do some employers disallow state universities from writing their test?
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by slly(m): 2:21pm On Jan 12, 2007
RUSKY or is your name RISKY,it is like age is really telling on you, or is like you dont hve any experiance,or may be your the type university pass through you and not the other way,you dont just go into the class and read books and come out with a degree,the 4 yrs is suppose to teach you things other than studies,a lot of pple pay their way to get tht first class or 2.1,me i have a 2.1 but i know of two very unserious girls in my class who had thesame,infact i was disappointed ,so pls dont ever say that 3rd class r not serious every one has a certain level of knowledge that god has given him or her,and u cant go beyond that,but u know what they can be very talented in other facets, or r u showing off with 2.2?
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by faloye(m): 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2007
What matter is not the school one attended but what one has upstair. It is the substance you are made of that counts. For instance, if you are from a State institution and you have been able to develope yourself very well, you will compete favourably with anyone from a Federal institution. It is an individual thing. The problem here is that we place too much emphasis on paper qualification. shocked
Re: Its Not Fair What Banks Do To Hnd ,ond 3rd Class And Sometimes 2.2 by ishmael(m): 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2007
faloye:

The problem here is that we place too much emphasis on paper qualification. shocked

That is Nigeria for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graduate Tellers At Citibank / Employment Documentation / Unocasa Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (11 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.