Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... (11133 Views)

Westwood Homes And Apartment From 12.5m / 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria / 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by onDjobtraining: 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
Hi

Intelligent And Smart Building Is The Future Of African Homes And Cities

What is Intelligent And Smart Building:

An intelligent/smart building also known as building management system(BMS) OR building automation system(BAS),
is a computer based control system installed in a building, it controls and monitors the mechanical and electrical
equipment of the building. Such as Ventilation, Lighting, Power System, Fire System, Security Systems, Access Control System, Plumbing
System, Lifts and Elevator Control System, Closed-Circuit Television(CCTV) and many more.
The objective of there smart intelligent building system are;
* To improve occupant Comfort
* Maintain efficient operation of building system
* Reduction in energy consumption/operating cost
* Improve life cycle of utilities

Recently a new phrase has being coined (BIOT) meaning Building Internet Of Things. IOT is the integration of technology using
your smart devices like phone and tablet into the building operations. The internet of things focus on all the component in a building that could be connected to a network(Internet) for the purpose of creating operational efficiency, reducing energy consumption, improving occupant experiences and security, achieving sustainability goals, and effectively optimizing financial performances.

This new way of thinking about real estate, overlaying an IT network, connecting all our traditionally unconnected equipment, monitoring, analyzing and controlling business processes (integrating with Enterprise resource planning) without much human intervention, will lead to much better managed assets, which translates to happier occupants and improved finances.

2 Likes

Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by ibkgab001: 3:55pm On Oct 28, 2016
I believe
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by laudate: 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2016
onDjobtraining:
Hi

Intelligent And Smart Building Is The Future Of African Homes And Cities

What is Intelligent And Smart Building:

An intelligent/smart building also known as building management system(BMS) OR building automation system(BAS),
is a computer based control system installed in a building, it controls and monitors the mechanical and electrical
equipment of the building. Such as Ventilation, Lighting, Power System, Fire System, Security Systems, Access Control System, Plumbing
System, Lifts and Elevator Control System, Closed-Circuit Television(CCTV) and many more.
The objective of there smart intelligent building system are;
* To improve occupant Comfort
* Maintain efficient operation of building system
* Reduction in energy consumption/operating cost
* Improve life cycle of utilities

Recently a new phrase has being coined (BIOT) meaning Building Internet Of Things. IOT is the integration of technology using
your smart devices like phone and tablet into the building operations. The internet of things focus on all the component in a building that could be connected to a network(Internet) for the purpose of creating operational efficiency, reducing energy consumption, improving occupant experiences and security, achieving sustainability goals, and effectively optimizing financial performances.

This new way of thinking about real estate, overlaying an IT network, connecting all our traditionally unconnected equipment, monitoring, analyzing and controlling business processes (integrating with Enterprise resource planning) without much human intervention, will lead to much better managed assets, which translates to happier occupants and improved finances.

All these things will remain a pipe dream unless African cities get their priorities right.

To be able to build smart cities you need to ensure that the following structures are put into place, first:

1). Uninterrupted & affordable Electricity/power 24x7 that does not blink in all nooks and crannies of such cities;

2). High-speed broadband effective fibre-to-home networks that will not be cut or disrupted by any 3rd parties.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by OlajumokeBread(f): 6:41am On Oct 30, 2016
This is an insult to Nigerians

You mean we gonna have all those features in our Nigerian homes in the next 20 years ??

Where do you live ?? Under the rocks ??

I know thousands of Nigerian home that already have those features

In the next 15 years to come, no body would like to live in that outdated house

Do you know that every house in the USA is built with woods ?? Have you seen American houses go up in flames ?? It burns to the fuccking ground because it's built with woods

I haven't seen any house built with woods in Nigeria, except in the slums of Ajegunle

This is not the Nigeria you know in 1978, this is the Nigeria that is in competition with the USA

10 Likes

Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Princelegacylemoha(m): 6:42am On Oct 30, 2016
That's right but am sure it will fully commenced 2018 , starting with luxurious apartments , especially the rich.
But
Am starting up a personal course on affordable contemporary living , I have gone through lots of thoughts concerning the inability to acquire affordable shelter especially in West africa region , vision 2017 /2018 @architectlegacy share and broadcast.
I believe that both the rich and the poor deserves perfect shelter.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by salawustyles(m): 6:43am On Oct 30, 2016
3 gbosa for im .... Peace

2 Likes

Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by veekid(m): 6:43am On Oct 30, 2016
Lobatan
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Fantastic2m(m): 6:44am On Oct 30, 2016
Nice one.. It's about time
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by iHart(m): 6:44am On Oct 30, 2016
Ideal case
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by AleAirHub(m): 6:47am On Oct 30, 2016
Nawa.....
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by symbianDON(m): 6:48am On Oct 30, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

You mean we gonna have all those features in our Nigerian homes in the next 20 years ??

really?? that's pretty impressive
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 30, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

In the next 15 years to come, no body would like to live in that outdated house

This is not the Nigeria you know in 1978, this is the Nigeria that is in competition with the USA
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Fantastic2m(m): 6:51am On Oct 30, 2016

8 Likes

Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Batlan01: 6:51am On Oct 30, 2016
ok
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 30, 2016
In South Africa, Ghana and Rwanda maybe. In Nigeria probably in the next 60 - 100 years when we've finally conquered our insufficent electricity problem.

5 Likes

Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Rayboss(m): 6:54am On Oct 30, 2016
Today is my birthday show me some love fam

10 Likes

Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by OlajumokeBread(f): 6:54am On Oct 30, 2016
Fantastic2m:

What's left to say? U know thousands of houses
U work with the National Population Commission of Nigeria Ni?

Sorry, i don't talk to kids

1 Like

Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Lawcurrent(m): 6:57am On Oct 30, 2016
as far as I know Africa is improving in technology and smart ideas keep coming

1 Like

Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 30, 2016
Nothing new here sir.
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Fantastic2m(m): 7:00am On Oct 30, 2016

4 Likes

Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by boman2014: 7:02am On Oct 30, 2016
cool
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by sainty2k3(m): 7:03am On Oct 30, 2016
charix:
In South Africa, Ghana and Rwanda maybe. In Nigeria probably in the next 60 - 100 years when we've finally conquered our insufficent electricity problem.
No,this same Nigeria that is Gadget freaked .it will shock you to know that some people already have this in their homes
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Hardeydamola(m): 7:14am On Oct 30, 2016
okay
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Godstraight(m): 7:24am On Oct 30, 2016
[quote author=charix post=50618709]In South Africa, Ghana and Rwanda maybe. In Nigeria probably in the next 60 - 100 years when we've finally conquered our insufficent electricity problem.[/quote[ I know a man with this kind of house in the my local government.TONS of Nigerians build exotic houses in Nigeria everyday stop making it as of we all live in mud houses, not having electricity is effectively displaced by having an alternative to electricity

1 Like

Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Xtopher123(m): 7:25am On Oct 30, 2016
So many of you herr don't understand the OP..

He's trying to say alot of Nigerians would adopt this system in the coming years.. A lot meaning Millions
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Godstraight(m): 7:26am On Oct 30, 2016
charix:
I know a man with this kind of house in the my local government.TONS of Nigerians build exotic houses in Nigeria everyday stop making it as of we all live in mud houses, not having electricity is effectively displaced by having an alternative to electricity
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by eezeribe(m): 7:41am On Oct 30, 2016
Of course, they innovate and invent, and we copy and patronize

2 Likes

Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by equuscaballus: 7:44am On Oct 30, 2016
Naaaa, Nigeria isn't ready for this. We can't even monitor and manage energy consumption in buildings talk more smart buildings ...
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by harmbhrosz(m): 7:52am On Oct 30, 2016
laudate:

All these things will remain a pipe dream unless African cities get their priorities right.

To be able to build smart cities you need to ensure that the following structures are put into place, first:

1). Uninterrupted & affordable Electricity/power 24x7 that does not blink in all nooks and crannies of such cities;

2). High-speed broadband effective fibre-to-home networks that will not be cut or disrupted by any 3rd parties.
3). Provision of cooking gas and portable water channels around the city

1 Like

Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by harmbhrosz(m): 7:58am On Oct 30, 2016
charix:
lol for your limited mind abi,

I use a Xiaomi phone, and it has a remote feature that works with my TV, sound system and Air condition already...

With how I'm gadget freaked, I can't imagine building my own house and it won't be smart...

From my gate to my kitchen, everything just has to be smart
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 30, 2016
harmbhrosz:
lol for your limited mind abi,

I use a Xiaomi phone, and it has a remote feature that works with my TV, sound system and Air condition already...

With how I'm gadget freaked, I can't imagine building my own house and it won't be smart...

From my gate to my kitchen, everything just has to be smart
...but does your government provide you constant electricity and your telecomm companies provide you fibre optic level data speed?
Re: See The Future Of African Homes And Cities.......... by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 30, 2016
Godgay:
I know a man with this kind of house in the my local government.TONS of Nigerians build exotic houses in Nigeria everyday stop making it as of we all live in mud houses, not having electricity is effectively displaced by having an alternative to electricity
No video = no proof. Comment disregarded for using hearsay as proof.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ordinary Stamped Concrete (08105148400) / We Paid For An Apartment But Could Not Occupy It, Yet No Refund Made / Frequently Asked Question About Stone Coated Roofing Tiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.