Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Where Were Africans? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Were Africans? (1086 Views)

Why Are Africans Backward? / Were Africans Too Primitive To Build Cities In The Past? / Were Africans Too Primitive To Build Cities In The Past? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Were Africans? by Henz24(m): 4:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
Good days guys, have you ever asked yourself this question 'where were africans?' Well I have been asking my self for long now, where were Africans when the whites where making great scientific discoveries? Where were we when the europeans and the Americans were shaping the world? Probably doing Juju and walking up and down naked like fools

A lot of us will be deceiving ourselves claiming that we are better than them but we are not even a a thousand mile close to them....

I was watching american debate the other day, all they talk about is how to take over the world unlike here in Africa where our politicians are still promising us simple basic amenities and some Mumu people will be clapping for them and they go still fall our hands when they enter...

You still think we are better? Where were we when the Europeans and Americans were colonising, in fact, for the fact that they colonised us, They are better....
Re: Where Were Africans? by Chessco(m): 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
They were believing in the juju and gods for everything such an sacrificing to gods to enhance bountiful harvest instead of seeking nitrogenous fertilizer, accusing their enemies for deadly diseases instead of seeking for the real cause and preventive approach.

It is more worrisome to note that is worse today as we they are more enslaved by religious extremism whereby one can raise a hand and slay his brother in the name of religion.
African penticostalism is gradually setting people's mind towards lazy tendencies with more emphasis on miracles and fasting as against structural, scientific and innovative means of self development.
Re: Where Were Africans? by Henz24(m): 6:44pm On Oct 28, 2016
Chessco:

They were believing in the juju and gods for everything such an sacrificing to gods to enhance bountiful harvest instead of seeking nitrogenous fertilizer, accusing their enemies for deadly diseases instead of seeking for the real cause and preventive approach.

It is more worrisome to note that is worse today as we they are more enslaved by religious extremism whereby one can raise a hand and slay his brother in the name of religion.
African penticostalism is gradually setting people's mind towards lazy tendencies with more emphasis on miracles and fasting as against structural, scientific and innovative means of self development.
u ve said it all, the whites provides solution not trying to blame anyone, the earlier we stop playing the blame game the better

1 Like

Re: Where Were Africans? by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 29, 2016
African Proverb:

Its only a fool that points to his fathers house with his left hand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were Africans? by Henz24(m): 7:11am On Oct 29, 2016
Muafrika2:

African Proverb:

make ur point clear
Re: Where Were Africans? by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 29, 2016
Henz24:
make ur point clear
You are pointing at your father's house with your left hand.
Re: Where Were Africans? by Henz24(m): 7:45am On Oct 29, 2016
Muafrika2:

You are pointing at your father's house with your left hand.
dude, it is said that the truth will set u free, say the truth or remain a prisoner
Re: Where Were Africans? by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 29, 2016
Muafrika2:

African Proverb:

There is a Yoruba version of this, with "fool" replaced by "bastard"

2 Likes

Re: Where Were Africans? by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 29, 2016
Henz24:
dude, it is said that the truth will set u free, say the truth or remain a prisoner

Inferiority complex!

1 Like

Re: Where Were Africans? by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 29, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Inferiority complex!
Definitely. He's projecting his complex on the rest of us who are proudly African.

You are on your own @op
Re: Where Were Africans? by Henz24(m): 10:03am On Oct 29, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Inferiority complex!
that's what u call it, I call it fact. I never said we can't be like or be greater than them, all am saying is dat we are not at their level and we probably might never be because we are not improving, what's the difference between Africa of twenty years ago and Africa of today? Nothing in my opinion
Re: Where Were Africans? by ezeagu(m): 1:38am On Oct 30, 2016
OP your post is actually a case in point in the reason Africans haven't advanced to the take a seat at the league of nations, when other countries and nations see they are lagging about they don't sit down and sulk and feel sorry for themselves choosing to believe their mates are somehow superior to them, instead they strategise and even an individual can bring great change among them to catch up with others.

Look at Taiwan and South Korea in the 50s, and you will know what this means.

1 Like

Re: Where Were Africans? by Arabiandude: 5:17pm On Feb 06, 2017
Babe, can you please type me your number here, checked both my whatsapp and contact and couldn't find your number? @Ritababe
Re: Where Were Africans? by ritababe(f): 5:21pm On Feb 06, 2017
Arabiandude:
Babe, can you please type me your number here, checked both my whatsapp and contact and couldn't find your number? @Ritababe

no now I can't pm I will give u
Re: Where Were Africans? by Arabiandude: 5:24pm On Feb 06, 2017
ritababe:

no now I can't pm I will give u

I don't understand!

Post it here, I will inform you to modify and remove it when I must have gotten it.
Re: Where Were Africans? by Probz(m): 7:01pm On Feb 06, 2017
Civilisation started in Africa, at a time when Europe was still in the dark ages. Nuff said.

(1) (Reply)

The Levels Of Culture Identity In Nigeria / I Dreamt Of Killing A Big Snake / Gondar - The Camelot Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.