Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters (17691 Views)

How To Reply When Interviewers Ask About Your Previous Salary / 4 Funny Ways To Impress Interviewers At Any Interview And Get The Job / 5 Solid Reasons Why You Never Heard Back From The Interviewers/recruiters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by Brownville007: 9:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
From the moment you step out of the interview room, your eagerness and anxiety increases. You simply want to know the next step -to hear back from the Interviewers. You become more glued to your phone so as not to miss any call and your email is always the first thing you check in the morning and before going to bed. Most frustrating is the fact that you knew you ought to ask some questions in a job interview which you rightly did.
Funny enough, unless you have an inside connection in the company, you probably might never know why you were never contacted but for those who didn’t, here are five solid reasons on why you never heard back from the
Interviewers/recruiters.

Mistakes in your Resume: There is no greater turn-off to an interviewer than a mistake-riddled CV/resume. No employer wants to place responsibility into the hands of an employee who can’t even write a document about themselves without mistakes. No doubt, your CV must first create an impression to the recruiter before you are even called up for an interview. If you know pointing to details is one of your weak points, it’s advisable to proof-read it well
before the final submission or you get someone to do it for
you.
The Interviewers/Recruiters Haven’t Made Up Their Minds: Getting back to potential employees can be a daunting task to recruiters/interviews especially when all the candidates for the post all seemed to be qualified. When this is the case, be sure that the recruiters are still in doubt about the best person for the job.
3. You are simply not Qualified: Long term job search can force you to churn out sporadic CVs and resumes to positions you are not qualified for. Doing this won’t help you at all rather you can channel your energy on things you can be doing if you are unemployed

4. Poor Interview Skills: Your CV/Resume is an award-winning one. And so what? (Paying a professional copy writer to write or edit it for you is as simple as ABC. I am not saying it’s wrong. I encourage it as long as it will land you an interview). Know this, the words on the paper is not enough to land you the job the words coming out of your mouth are riddled with grammatical blunders While slang in an interview is a total no-no, try as much as possible to avoid the use of ” yeah”, ” eh eh em¦¦¦. (you would simply be perceived as not being confident and tenable to lying). This alone is enough to turn your
Interviewer(s) off and make the whole interview process
boring.

5. Your Social Media Speaks Bad About You: This might be
Strange to you. Recruiters are simply adopting ”ridiculous” means daily to disqualify applicants especially when there are two qualified candidates for a single post. A background check on your social media profile might be all the employer need to decide hiring you or not. From your LinkedIn, Facebook account to Twitter, always maintain some levels of professionalism. Using a female picture as your Display Picture when you are a male is darm unprofessional as a job seekers. You probably don’t know who is watching.

BONUS

6. Your Appearance is off the Hook: While a first impression goes a long way in endearing you to your potential employer(s) the truth remains that recruiters are continuously judging a book by its cover daily. Even though we castigate recruiters who do not do enough to see the potentials of those they are interviewing due to their shady appearance, as an applicant, try as much as possible to keep in touch with the fashion trends of your day. An eighteenth century dressing mode in this age is enough to shut the door against you.

Over to You
Off course there are so many other reasons that are not listed here, we will appreciate you sharing it with us through the comment box below.
Be Social
Reading is good but sharing is better. Someone (who you might even know) somewhere need these tips right now.
This is one of the ways you can encourage us to improve better.

Powered by http://www.route45.co/5-solid-reasons-why-you-didnt-hear-back-from-the-interviewersrecruiters/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by emymeeky: 9:39pm On Oct 28, 2016
Highly inspirational!!

Modified:

First FTC in 4 years.

I dedicate this FTC to the 21 chibok girls who were released and more who are yet to be released. I also enjoin you not to lose hope in your pursuit . Just imagine all the sleepless nights, trying to win the FTC . I wasn't deterred - I later won it.

To those looking or jobs ... God will land you a high paying job before this year runs out .

27 Likes

Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by Jamieb(m): 9:51pm On Oct 28, 2016
Nice one OP. Posts like this deserves FP not all this mediocrity-riddled posts on cucumber and Snakes. Seun must learn to give more attention to career and other meaningful posts as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by MVLOX(m): 12:24am On Oct 29, 2016
I koncur
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by sakalisis(m): 6:57am On Oct 29, 2016
Nice
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by veekid(m): 6:57am On Oct 29, 2016
True
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by bastien: 6:59am On Oct 29, 2016
Maybe true
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by pehay: 7:00am On Oct 29, 2016
For REAL[s][/s]
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by casttlebarbz(m): 7:02am On Oct 29, 2016
Lord have mercy
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by IMASTEX: 7:03am On Oct 29, 2016
I will give one and only reason: Not well connected enough ask those that got CBN, FIRS, etc recently.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by Yewandequeen(f): 7:05am On Oct 29, 2016
You didn't add the fact that the slot might have been taking by those who know people. Posting the job advert is just for official process.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by MrHighSea: 7:06am On Oct 29, 2016
When you're asked WHERE are you from and WHO do you know.
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by osborn442(m): 7:07am On Oct 29, 2016
Beautifully said
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by DLondonboiy: 7:09am On Oct 29, 2016
Lol

It's a pity people still look for jobs in Nigeria sad

When all of you (unemployed youths) should hold hands and walk straight to Abuja, block everywhere..if you come out in your millions and block Abuja, if you can shun tribalism and come out under the single umbrella-Nigeria youth- I strongly believe a remedy would appear in less than 1week........but NO, you believed 2016 would be your year abi? From glory to glory right? Ha! There is no God anywhere to help anybody get a job...If you want to be sucessful, then you need to be ruthless..

No money, no money....go to Abuja and see how they are sharing YOUR money.

Wetin even concern me angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by Histrings08(m): 7:10am On Oct 29, 2016
Pfft
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by AdaIhiala(f): 7:11am On Oct 29, 2016
Who go get job, go get job. Leave matter. What will it profit a man to Polish CV, wear designer, speak queen Eliza english, get the job and voila! Employers discover na empty barrel they carry? Mediocrity! That's what gives in Nigeria. Who knew 'Ugly Betty' would later be an integral part of the power fashion house.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by Johnkennie(m): 7:11am On Oct 29, 2016
Thank you so much for your time. grin
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by Dekingmoses(m): 7:11am On Oct 29, 2016
Your mouth odur.
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by akinswaggs(m): 7:13am On Oct 29, 2016
Haha....... Warris this?
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by johncreek: 7:15am On Oct 29, 2016
emymeeky:
Highly inspirational!!

Modified:

First FTC in 4 years.

I dedicate this FTC to the 21 chibok girls who were released and more who are yet to be released. I also enjoin you not to lose hope in your pursuit . Just imagine all the sleepless nights, trying to win the FTC . I wasn't deterred - I later won it.

To those looking or jobs ... God will land you a high paying job before this year runs out .

God go help u o grin grin grin grin..
See prayer because of FTC grin grin
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by Aksmedias(m): 7:17am On Oct 29, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by Androidvillaz: 7:22am On Oct 29, 2016
Nice one
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by Olasco93: 7:29am On Oct 29, 2016
What if one pass all of these and still yet not employed... Let me tell you, it means God have a Better one for me. Man is limited, God is Unlimited. Seek God face always and do the needful. Some people only pray/do the right things when they are in dire need, not know that God is not a Magician. Do the needful in your quiet time with God and see how God works. Don't dissappoint yourself, family and community because their hope might be on you, so put your hope in God.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by TheOonlyOne: 7:30am On Oct 29, 2016
Well said OP
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 29, 2016
NO wonder the nerds at Facebook and Google get paid more...

I am sorry Op...

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 29, 2016
Who still dey fine work for naija?
With connection you no need interview..
Na only employment letter you need

1 Like

Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by Benjom(m): 7:38am On Oct 29, 2016
Good one there OP. I can't but agree with you especially on the aspect of writing resumes filled with errors. This mistake is quite common nowadays.

Want to know what sections should appear on your CV to attract recruiters' attention, read my masterpiece article on this or view some exceptional samples:

www..com/complete-step-step-guide-writing-successful-cv/

www..com/cv-samples/

1 Like

Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by tosyne2much(m): 7:53am On Oct 29, 2016
emymeeky:
Highly inspirational!!

Modified:

First FTC in 4 years.

I can't stop laughing cheesy cheesy
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by jeeqaa7(m): 7:54am On Oct 29, 2016
collecting the receptionists number .... no no no no
Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by jeeqaa7(m): 7:55am On Oct 29, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:
Who still dey fine work for naija?
With connection you no need interview..
Na only employment letter you need

2 Likes

Re: 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:56am On Oct 29, 2016
O boy na lie naija is filled with over qualified applicants in as much as u made points don't just put ur trust in ur ability U would be disappointed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBM Group For Unemployed Graduates / Workforce Massive Recruitment (100 Slots) / Which Should I Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.