Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? (25860 Views)

7 Look-alike Sisters In A Family Photo In Rwanda / What TV Channel Do You Watch Together As A Family? / Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? by tukdi: 6:54pm On Sep 30, 2019
Bbbwings:
He don reach fp o 3 years after.
grin

1 Like

Re: Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? by tukdi: 6:54pm On Sep 30, 2019
Liftedhands:
HALLELUJAH 3 YEARS LATER IT'S FINALLY ON FRONT PAGE grin

grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? by midnighter(f): 7:05pm On Sep 30, 2019
CzarChris:
You just earned my undiluted respect with this analysis of yours, like I said in my post, I'm not much into biological science or genetics for that matter, I'm an Engineer and I also happen to be a university lecturer and I have met so many students with varying degrees of intelligence hence I developed an interest in this subject matter.

Your analysis can be said to correct to a point coming from socio-cultural influences and also lending credence to nature vs nuture argument put up by psychologist, but I beg to differ a little bit with you on this, but so I don't argue blindly let me continue my research will get back to you later.

Thanks...looking forward to discussing your findings...
Re: Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? by baby124: 7:41pm On Sep 30, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

And yet, with all the resources in your country, it's still a shiithole till now. Look at the embassies in your own country. Your people sleeping and waking up there just to leave your Utopia. lol. Keep living a lie.
All the resources in our country that your country has to survive on? Forcing and placing trade embargoes on African countries once they want to go the self determination route? Shame on you. You have no shame to try to insult Africans when leeches like you hold them to ransom. France will not survive if they don’t start and sustain wars in africa through sales of arms for example. What right do you even have to brag? Your history is filled with very shameful and psychopathic acts.

1 Like

Re: Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? by Fxwarrior: 8:23pm On Sep 30, 2019
donbenedict:
No I don't think so, if you don't read, you won't pass. Knowledge isn't inherited but acquired

You are right too but if your Papa na olodo, your mama na werey. If dem like make dem build national library for your room, e go hard book to enter.
Re: Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
donbenedict:
No I don't think so, if you don't read, you won't pass. Knowledge isn't inherited but acquired

I think he's talking about the ability to assimilate, it differs widely among people...for someone mathematics is fun, for others nightmare, no matter how hard they try.
Re: Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? by sacx: 8:58pm On Sep 30, 2019
40-60℅ of a person's intelligence is based on genetics, the other 60-40℅ is a function of his environment.

That said, I can't tell if the mod that brought a 3-year old post to front page is very intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? by hify9935(f): 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2019
Rapmoney:
Prostitution is an act. It is not a natural character or trait!
I tire o... some people can be dumb sha. How's being an olosho related to intelligence?

2 Likes

Re: Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? by hify9935(f): 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2019
baby124:
Intelligence is inherited. I mean high IQ, so is character traits. So be careful what kind of character you marry. If the person is a thief and greedy. It will take a strong will for the child not to follow the same useless route. Though environment and parent nurturing also plays its own role, where character is concerned.
hmmmm,narrow escape!
Re: Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? by placeofallure(f): 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
Rapmoney:
Yeah, thanks a lot. I know environmental factor plays a role but nature, which is translated to heridity creates an innate capacity to study, understand easily and be creative. it is the same reason why some people do not need to study much to understand. Such is not determined by environment; it is caused by nature.

Yes, you are correct. All through my university days, I never had a library card- it simply means I don't read. I don't and I pass well. I only need to sit in class and listen to the lectures and that's it! I recall everything like photocopy when I want to write my exams. I always wonder how some will die in the library, wake up and die there again. I remember I once crammed an A-4 4-pages handout and poured everything word for word for my lecturer. It was a carried-over course. I did that in protest of him misplacing my papers and wanting to sleep with me as a result. He sat right in front of me all through the exam so he couldn't claim I cheated.

I have taught kids and noticed the trend in many families. The female children, 70% of the time, are usually more intelligent than their male siblings. Maybe because women are calmer and naturally pay attention to details. Just wondering. I like this post. Psychologists will have many theories to corroborate or dispel many things here.

2 Likes

Re: Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? by Obeflacko(m): 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2019
Intelligence is not inherited,it's a gift from the holy spirit,intelligent is the same as understanding,if the holy spirit bestowed to you understanding,you must be intelligent.
Re: Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? by bayulll011(m): 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
sinaj:
Yes intelligence is hereditary.

To those with low IQ, try nd get married to people with Average or high IQ to boost ur kid's ministry grin

Many other factors such as the environment, SES, etc. also contribute to intelligence too nd not just hereditary.

well said sinaj,LOve is not enough when marriage is concerned,ability to reason critically and analytically should be top priorities and guys marry someone you can always learn from not one olodo
Re: Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? by midnighter(f): 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
placeofallure:
I have taught kids and noticed the trend in many families. The female children, 70% of the time, are usually more intelligent than their male siblings. Maybe because women are calmer and naturally pay attention to details. Just wondering. I like this post. Psychologists will have many theories to corroborate or dispel many things here.

The modern teaching approach tends to favour girls, that could be a factor. also boys are coddled more by society when they exhibit bad behaviour, it could lead to them getting distracted.

And plus they tend to be a bit more energetic and less organised until they reach a certain age
Re: Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? by Evangkatsoulis: 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2019
placeofallure:

Yes, you are correct. All through my university days, I never had a library card- it simply means I don't read. I don't and I pass well. I only need to sit in class and listen to the lectures and that's it! I recall everything like photocopy when I want to write my exams. I always wonder how some will die in the library, wake up and die there again. I remember I once crammed an A-4 4-pages handout and poured everything word for word for my lecturer. It was a carried-over course. I did that in protest of him misplacing my papers and wanting to sleep with me as a result. He sat right in front of me all through the exam so he couldn't claim I cheated.

Memory/= intelligence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eniola ‘Mae’ Adeniji: "My Devastating Marriage Experience" / Updated: My Pre-wedding Photos Before Editing / My Father Preferred My Younger Brother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.