Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok (10434 Views)

Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / Is It Ok To Date A Married Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by glamourtop: 11:56am On Oct 28, 2009
Ujujoan,

Please answer this, ? A YOU MARRIED AND HOW OLD ARE YOU,

Upon all what people hav been tellin u that u are not a good material for a wife, that you are trained on
d street etc u are still contributing bad stuff, I pity u, I wish u are a man or u lived with ur father
and ask him how easy it is to generate this money, Please people like u are not needed in Nairaland
becos u are disgracing all women, I pity the man dat will put u under his roof,
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 28, 2009
glamourtop:

Ujujoan,

Please answer this, ? A YOU MARRIED AND HOW OLD ARE YOU,

Upon all what people hav been tellin u that u are not a good material for a wife, that you are trained on
d street etc u are still contributing bad stuff, I pity u, I wish u are a man or u lived with your father
and ask him how easy it is to generate this money, Please people like u are not needed in Nairaland
becos u are disgracing all women, I pity the man dat will put u under his roof,

Thanks lurv, but he doesent need your pity!  wink  tongue

And please am I supposed to turn around and say the opposite of what I think because people dont agree with me? Of cos I know most people tend to be unrealistic and inconsiderate. Why would I change my opinion because of them.

If you like call me Lucifer-female, I'll still stand by what I'm saying! angry angry angry
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by dove24u(m): 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2009
My dear Nairalanders, My husband gives me 15k housekeeping allowance and of which i spend double the amount on us i.e him,me n our baby boy.I am not complaining but he has never believed me one day that the money is not sufficient.Thats wats hurting me.Do i just keep quiet since am working too n i can assist in d home or should i just stand on my ground for increment.

Yes, you are not complaining. grin grin grin
Be contented.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 28, 2009
in the same way, we guys do not like women taking advantage of the fact that we are the 'designated providers'

u wan kill pesin?

I hear you oh . . . any rich under-30 guy must be a bank debtor! Is that like the litany of the broke?

no mind me o - no be sanusi  wey dey open ya bobo yansh  grin tongue

I know you are married with at least a kid. Are you seriouly saying that 15k is enof for housekeeping for a month. Please mark the key word - Enof!

housekeeping money and pikin money are two seperate entities - i drop above that 15k for housekeeping sorry food - i stilldrop for housekeeping stuff though  mostly buy those my self - ariel, bleach, scouring powder, toothpaste ec - i buy my sons food (which is seperate - and i still hear the money is no enough) so yes, i'm with the husband all the way  tongue
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by dramaquin: 12:06pm On Oct 28, 2009
wateva happend to "wat's urs is mine", or am i old old fashioned?
me am a believer that a family shld have joint account sef so all these issues dnt come up.
however, if u dnt have a joint account then simply keep contributing cos he's[b] UR[/b] husband and its[b] UR[/b] baby and UR[/b]self (in otherwords, its [b]U)we're talkin about here. so if he doesnt appreciate it, appreciate it urself or u can tell ur son to appreciate it grin tongue(ok thats too funny)
he just maynot wonna admit that he doesnt give u enuf, thats where u get to understand he's a man wit his EGO(d imaginary friend) wink cheesy
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2009
oyb:

in the same way, we guys do not like women taking advantage of the fact that we are the 'designated providers'

u wan kill pesin?

no mind me o - no be sanusi wey dey open ya bobo yansh grin tongue

housekeeping money and pikin money are two seperate entities - i drop above that 15k for housekeeping sorry food - i stilldrop for housekeeping stuff though mostly buy those my self - ariel, bleach, scouring powder, toothpaste ec - i buy my sons food (which is seperate - and i still hear the money is no enough) so yes, i'm with the husband all the way tongue

Then why is it so hard for you to agree with me that 15k is not enough for housekeeping - food, household things and baby things - eh? Abi e dey sweet you to argue? undecided
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Pharoh: 12:16pm On Oct 28, 2009
Ujujoan:

No, it's not. But at least the man should acknowledge she's making input and not claim the amount he's bringing is enough!!

I'm not undermining their importance. I just want to establish first of all if it's enough or not. It could be that those other expenses are the resaon why he cannot bring more than that. That is a very good reason. But then he has to acknoledge it. Not say it's enough when it's not.

My dear, housekepin in not  a big deal oh. But try cookin a pot of stew and a pot of soup with 2k. That's impossible with the cost of things these days. But trust me, that's what a housekeeping budget of 15k a month will give you!

Everything you said falls down back to standard, what standard of living are they going to maintain with the scare resources available to them. Some household can manage 5k, 20k 100k or even 10000k what is applicable to Paul might not be applicable to peter. If it is kpomo and okro soup the money can carry let them live that way  grin. if they want to practice 101, 110, 001 or whichever formula suits them let them carry on.

Because mama Ngozi child takes cornflakes in the morning does not mean Mama Uju child should take as well  cheesy I no mention name ooooooooooo

The truth is that the  house keeping money can never be enough to 99.9 percent of the ladies we have today. Our fathers were so lucky and even our mothers self will be so jealous if they see this thread wishing they came in the 21st century lol. grin
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2009
Please People - N15,000 per month is N500 per day!!

Try 'keeping' yourself with that as a single guy!!

- Wife - Baby - and the relatives shockedshockedshocked
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 28, 2009
Ujujoan:

Then why is it so hard for you to agree with me that 15k is not enough for housekeeping - food, household things and baby things - eh? Abi e dey sweet you to argue? undecided

the wife should stop complaining about being under appreciated for her efforts. i'll bet she doesn't appreciate what her husband does either - or probably isn't even aware of just how much the husband puts in tongue
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 28, 2009
Pharoh:

Everything you said falls down back to standard, what standard of living are they going to maintain with the scare resources available to them. Some household can manage 5k, 20k 100k or even 10000k what is applicable to Paul might not be applicable to peter. If it is kpomo and okro soup the money can carry let them live that way  grin. if they want to practice 101, 110, 001 or whichever formula suits them let them carry on.

Because mama Ngozi child takes cornflakes in the morning does not mean Mama Uju child should take as well  cheesy I no mention name ooooooooooo

The truth is that the  house keeping money can never be enough to 99.9 percent of the ladies we have today. Our fathers were so lucky and even our mothers self will be so jealous if they see this thread wishing they came in the 21st century lol. grin

LOL  grin  grin

Well you are right sha. I guess the standard of living matters. But hey, if the guy wan manage money make e talk am now. Not when he brings 15k in a month he'll expect a plate of food with chicken and trukey anytime he sits at the table!

the wife should stop complaining about being under appreciated for her efforts. i'll bet she doesn't appreciate what her husband does either - or probably isn't even aware of just how much the husband puts in

it's reciprocal nau. The guy go first acknowledge say the money no reach, then the wife go say 'no wahala my dear, I no say you dey try well well for the other things wey you dey do' . . . . and we've got oursleves a happy family!

Not for him to insist the money is enough!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by saltnsugar(m): 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2009
The woman want to be appreciated for providing for herself and her baby? Its ridiculous.If you want to use your money alone why did you get married in the first place? I didn't see her appreciate her husband here.
I wish your husband will read this.
In modern homes most ladies manage the house.i am witness to that.My brother that works in shell gives the wife nothing to manage the home because she is working.Manage the home include buying diesel etc.He provides the accommodation (built),changes her car,make investment for the family (stock,estates) Holidays round the worlds,school fees (4 kids * 1mill a session) etc everything outside the home.
The poster should forget about the appreciation and do her work because if the husband ask for his own she won't cope.
Don't wash your dirty linen in the public [ its a shame that most people commenting her are either dependent,single or have no clue what it takes to save enough money to build a house (buying land inclusive)]
The basic need of man Housing,clothing and feeding.He is doing two and half and you are complaining. I didn't include the modern needs which i now he does too.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by s4: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2009
15k might be small, but count it out thousand in 15 places. The man is trying. A woman is not suppose to just sit and eat. If you have to ogument anything the man drops, i think you should do it without any fear or favour. It is your responsibility as his.

A man's mind is so wide, We respect our wifes but showing it is another kettle of fish.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2009
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Pharoh: 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2009
saltnsugar:

The woman want to be appreciated for providing for herself and her baby? Its ridiculous.If you want to use your money alone why did you get married in the first place? I didn't see her appreciate her husband here.
I wish your husband will read this.
In modern homes most ladies manage the house.i am witness to that.My brother that works in shell gives the wife nothing to manage the home because she is working.Manage the home include buying diesel etc.He provides the accommodation (built),changes her car,make investment for the family (stock,estates) Holidays round the worlds,school fees (4 kids * 1mill a session) etc everything outside the home.
The poster should forget about the appreciation and do her work because if the husband ask for his own she won't cope.
Don't wash your dirty linen in the public [ its a shame that most people commenting her are either dependent,single or have no clue what it takes to save enough money to build a house (buying land inclusive)]
The basic need of man Housing,clothing and feeding.He is doing two and half and you are complaining. I didn't include the modern needs which i now he does too.

Well said Brother hope the ladies can see this.

Ujujoan:

LOL  grin  grin

Well you are right sha. I guess the standard of living matters. But hey, if the guy wan manage money make e talk am now. Not when he brings 15k in a month he'll expect a plate of food with chicken and trukey anytime he sits at the table!

In the 19th century all our fathers need to do is to go hunting and bring one big rabbit home. He will start praising our mothers right from the next street before his home. Uju [/b]nwa nem, the most beautiful and hardworking wife that only God can bless someone  as [b]strong like me  grin. Our mother mama Uju will run out and kneel down saying welcome my lord, father, husband what did you bring for me. I brought this big fat rabbit home please can you make me my favorite. Without  saying anything and with all the joy you can imagine in this world mama Uju will go inside and before you say viola a miracle has just happened.  cheesy Mama Uju is bringing the sweetest soup you can ever taste in this world with pounded yam and palm wine. With just only one fat rabbit waoh. We all know how Papa Uju repays her handsomely Now lets move to the 21st century. I dey fear to go there ooooooooo

Now we are in the 21st century Papa Uju comes home after all the struggling looking for money since there is no forest to catch the big fat rabbit again.  sad what a pity He tells mama Uju take this 15k for the nest 30 days. Mama Uju self without even kneeling down, we don't mind anymore sha before she will start shouting slavery lol tells Papa Uju so is it all you have got for the house keeping. Before papa Uju can open his mouth to explain all the battles he conquered to bring the bacon hom:Pe. Mama Uju will say never mind it is okay i was just asking if you had more.. What do you get? Monday white egusi with kpomo instead of isiewu Tuesday pap with bread ha make i stop here before Papa Uju flare up ooo.  grin. Our mothers performed miracle  with just one rabbit but why are you modern ladies with all th education, civilization, and opportunities cannot a perform miracle to give use a plate of rice and chicken boiled egg with the 15k we give you?.

There are morals behind this two story but i will keep it out for now.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by jaybee3(m): 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2009
Y'all r still on this matter?
the poster have refused to divulge further info so i suggest y'all should desist from guessing. It's getting really boring.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by amebono1: 1:19pm On Oct 28, 2009
topic

the money too small jooo undecided
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by bawomolo(m): 1:30pm On Oct 28, 2009
Listen man, I'm not dissin you or anything. I do admire young men like you who are willing to take up responsibilities and work hard to make ends meet; I hear they make the nest hubbys (even dou I have my doubts).

we all know you have your doubts about the average hardworking man uju.

Rather than working with your man to create a stable home you want a ready made (abi na aba made) product .

Keep on waiting for the perfect bobo that would pay your bills and give you weekly allowance to get your hair and nails then.  You have watching way too much Cinderella or is it tales by moonlight.

No, it's not. But at least the man should acknowledge she's making input and not claim the amount he's bringing is enough!!

have you ever thought he assumed what he is bringing to a two income household is enough?  does the man get appreciated for the bills he pays?
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 28, 2009
The only reason why this woman must have complained is because she knows her hubby can afford more than 15K!

Honestly 15k is not enought to take care of 2 people , let alone a baby!!

Reminds me of my father, he would drop 8,000 a month for the 5 of us (3 grown up children) and lament that he is tired of Chicken, he wants fresh fish. All this includes toiletries and other stuff!! Yet we knew he could afford more but would rather spend it to feed his EGO sad sad

In my home now, we add all our earnings together and decide what is for what!! that's the best way out!! No cheating o!!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by nnemak(m): 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, see Man ,woman and Moni matter, i no follow, angry angry
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2009
aysometin:

The only reason why this woman must have complained is because she knows her hubby can afford more than 15K!

Honestly 15k is not enought to take care of 2 people , let alone a baby!!

Reminds me of my father, he would drop 8,000 a month for the 5 of us (3 grown up children) and lament that he is tired of Chicken, he wants fresh fish. All this includes toiletries and other stuff!! Yet we knew he could afford more but would rather spend it to feed his EGO  sad sad

In my home now, we add all our earnings together and decide what is for what!! that's the best way out!! No cheating o!!

therein lies the problem with several of you women - have you ever heard of a rainy day? have u heard about saving money?

yes alot of us can probably afford to spend twice or thrice what we don on housekeeping etal( for a limited time sha) but what happens if one of life crises comes up and u have o savings because you have been 'spending what you can afford?'
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 28, 2009
oyb:

therein lies the problem with several of you women - have you ever heard of a rainy day? have u heard about saving money?

yes alot of us can probably afford to spend twice or thrice what we don on housekeeping etal( for a limited time sha) but what happens if one of life crises comes up and u have o savings because you have been 'spending what you can afford?'

Uhnnnnnnnn Oyb

You are saying to me that men that don't give their wives enough money (when we know they can afford it) are saving for the rainy days!! indeed

What a good 90% of men do is spend the extra cash they don't give their wives and family on their mistresses.
So many men can't spend half of what they spend on their girlfriends on their wives!

I repeat it, the only reason she is complaining is because she knows the guy can afford to give her more money comfortably.

Saving money is another issue
A man that can't take care of his family is worse than an infidel.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2009
Pharoh:

Well said Brother hope the ladies can see this.

In the 19th century all our fathers need to do is to go hunting and bring one big rabbit home. He will start praising our mothers right from the next street before his home. Uju [/b]nwa nem, the most beautiful and hardworking wife that only God can bless someone as [b]strong like me grin. Our mother mama Uju will run out and kneel down saying welcome my lord, father, husband what did you bring for me. I brought this big fat rabbit home please can you make me my favorite. Without saying anything and with all the joy you can imagine in this world mama Uju will go inside and before you say viola a miracle has just happened. cheesy Mama Uju is bringing the sweetest soup you can ever taste in this world with pounded yam and palm wine. With just only one fat rabbit waoh. We all know how Papa Uju repays her handsomely Now lets move to the 21st century. I dey fear to go there ooooooooo

Now we are in the 21st century Papa Uju comes home after all the struggling looking for money since there is no forest to catch the big fat rabbit again. sad what a pity He tells mama Uju take this 15k for the nest 30 days. Mama Uju self without even kneeling down, we don't mind anymore sha before she will start shouting slavery lol tells Papa Uju so is it all you have got for the house keeping. Before papa Uju can open his mouth to explain all the battles he conquered to bring the bacon hom:Pe. Mama Uju will say never mind it is okay i was just asking if you had more.. What do you get? Monday white egusi with kpomo instead of isiewu Tuesday pap with bread ha make i stop here before Papa Uju flare up ooo. grin. Our mothers performed miracle with just one rabbit but why are you modern ladies with all th education, civilization, and opportunities cannot a perform miracle to give use a plate of rice and chicken boiled egg with the 15k we give you?.

There are morals behind this two story but i will keep it out for now.

ROTFLMAO grin

Very funny! I suppose you are one of those people looking for a miracle working wife. Good luck finding one oh!

FYI - My granny's still alive, wanna marry her?
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 28, 2009
aysometin:

Uhnnnnnnnn Oyb

You are saying to me that men that don't give their wives enough money (when we know they can afford it) are saving for the rainy days!! indeed

What a good 90% of men do is spend the extra cash they don't give their wives and family on their mistresses.
So many men can't spend half of what they spend on their girlfriends on their wives!

I repeat it, the only reason she is complaining is because she knows the guy can afford to give her more money comfortably.

the kindest thing i can say is that you know too many irresponsible men. thats why you automatically assume that 90% of men who try to save money by cutting on expenses are spending it on something on the side  undecided

its that kind of thinking that makes men broke - and its the same kind of women that think like that that will call the man a failure if he goes broke because he acquiesced to all her demands
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Ajike: 2:47pm On Oct 28, 2009
I'll just adivce you to keep quiet and be grateful.
Ladies these dayz dont wait on their husband to provide for them and they dont even bother if husband leaves allowance or not.
I guess it is this same husband that pays the rent,kid's school fees,NEPA bill,clothings and many more
If you as a wife take care of other stuffs without asking ,i think it's better and that wont make your husband feels you are just a liability.
Since you are working,I think you should take up some responsiblities too .
Keep praying for your husband to be richer.

this guy has said it all, pray for your hussy. I know of a friend who has been taking care of the family (2 kids and husband) for d past 4 yrs. her husband have tried his hand on so many businesses but always failed, though d guy didnt stop, he had made up his mind that he will never do a 31days work but he still yet to break even. is d wife that pay d house rent, bills, sch fees clothing and d rest. shes a product of brokenn home as such she didnt want her children to pass through what she pass thorugh hence she has decided to stay with her husband no matter what. So please appreciate your husband thank God you're also working
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2009
oyb:

the kindest thing i can say is that you know too many irresponsible men. thats why you automatically assume that 90% of men who try to save money by cutting on expenses are spending it on something on the side  undecided

its that kind of thinking that makes men broke - and its the same kind of women that think like that that will call the man a failure if he goes broke because he acquiesced to all her demands 

It's rather unfortunate, but so many men are like this! If not on women, they spend it on drinking and living false lives

How many men really do save the excess money?? let's be real

You probably fall into the 10% category, a few people I know as well!! but the truth is a good number of men squander money
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by emiemi(f): 3:07pm On Oct 28, 2009
aysometin:

Uhnnnnnnnn Oyb

You have a point here sha. The woman definitely knows he can afford to bring out more but he isn't willing to.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Chiaka(f): 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2009
@Pharoh
Since you run your home 100%, how much do you spend in a month. Give the break down Please.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by agathamari(f): 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2009
i will never understand this whole allowance thing.  it is BOTH of your responsibility to take care of the home.  he should pay 50% and you 50% if you are both working.  if he is the only one working then and only then should he have to pay 100% of the upkeep.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by throttler(f): 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2009
different strokes for different folks.

15k will never be enough. how will she get her *wayo* money from 15k. that is supposed to be her wayo money from the housekeeping in 2weeks. tongue
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by janine000: 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2009
Allowance, naaaaa, let him do all the expenses himself. just collect money for ur transport to work! grin grin grin he will understand how u feel.thats if he has more! undecided
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Outstrip(f): 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2009
All of you saying the woman should go half on the household forget that she is married to the typical Nigerian man. If she says here that the man does housework and changes diapers and every once in a while goes to the market then I can say that it is fair. If the man wants to do Oga then he must do what comes with doing Oga. Heavy is the head that wears the crown. You can't eat your cake and have it. I personally will not put one penny towards anything if the man does not help me maintain the home. He will pay for the everything including a maid if I decide I need one. It does not matter how much she makes. Now this is just my two cent. My home is different. I don't care what he pays for in the home he has to help out too. Luckily for the most part I do not have to do any of that. It is not unusual for my husband to come home from work and actually cook dinner.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2009
^^^^^

as long as when he says jump , you say how high your majesty, no problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? / Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? / Only God's Sent Ladies Can Endure With A Man In This Condition-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.