Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

An Insecure God.,a Conversation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Insecure God.,a Conversation (631 Views)

If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar / Is The Christian God A God Of Slavery? / What created God ? A Response To Atheist Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Insecure God.,a Conversation by mumumugu(m): 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2016
For me, it is difficult to accept…” “Why?” “If a God says: “You will worship none but me, that you will associate none with me, and that none of you shall set up mortals as deities besides me. If you commit the foulest sin by worshiping any other Gods (other than me) or associating partner with me, I shall throw you in hell fire as a punishment for this sin.” – That’s what, in a nutshell, your GOD says right?” “What’s wrong in saying that? You need to have faith in Him” “Friend, isn’t this self- contradictory and dangerous?” “How come?” “First, explain to me about the contradictions…Had there been really only one God, it would not have been possible for man to find another God to worship, right?” “Hmm…” “Had the God been confident that there is no other God except him, he should not have been jealous of another God, right?” “Yes – but who is jealous here?” “Think…If the GOD knew that there is no other God, he would have been confident that people will not find any another God to worship, right?” “These are all mis- interpretations….that’s not just right…” his voice became bit feeble. “Think without biased, without conditionings…think with clarity….” – The behavioral pattern of any single GOD in such concepts suggests that he is not confident that he is the only God. He seems always to be suspicious that there may be other Gods and people may worship those Gods instead of him. – So the insecure GOD warns man not to worship another God. It, of course, is not a real god’s message. Can’t you clearly see the insecurity and whims and fancy of a narrow-minded human being behind this message? – Can any GOD be always feel threatened that a member of his followers’ gang may slip out of his grip and start to worship another God (probably the real creator of the universe)? So he had to enforce strict law that if any one of his gang tries to desert Him, he should immediately be put to death for apostasy. – How can any GOD be so insecure? The single insecure god theory converts the basic instinct to insecurity right from the childhood. The follower’s behavior may be fostered by GOD’s violent teachings for establishing Himself as the sole proprietator god

2 Likes

Re: An Insecure God.,a Conversation by tonaydo(m): 8:13pm On Oct 29, 2016
mumumugu

so name affects
Re: An Insecure God.,a Conversation by tonaydo(m): 8:13pm On Oct 29, 2016
mumumugu

some name affects
Re: An Insecure God.,a Conversation by mumumugu(m): 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
The Monotheistic God is jealous and wrathful. There is one God, and one correct method of worship. Those who deviate are heretics and may be punished, tortured or killed. In its exclusive devotion to the worship of one God, monotheism has inspired much ferocity and fanaticism….that’s how fear comes in. – At the heart of monotheism is the sure conviction that only a single god exists, a tendency to regard one’s own rituals and practices as the only proper way to worship the one true god. – When one starts with the presumption that one is absolutely and utterly “right” and anyone thinking otherwise is just as completely “wrong”, it does not promote the flexible thinking required to keep pace with the rapidly fluctuating pace of modern civilized society. -Monotheism “demands” a right/ wrong, heaven/hell, black/white worldview. -On the co

1 Like

Re: An Insecure God.,a Conversation by mumumugu(m): 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
The Monotheistic God is jealous and wrathful. There is one God, and one correct method of worship. Those who deviate are heretics and may be punished, tortured or killed. In its exclusive devotion to the worship of one God, monotheism has inspired much ferocity and fanaticism….that’s how fear comes in. – At the heart of monotheism is the sure conviction that only a single god exists, a tendency to regard one’s own rituals and practices as the only proper way to worship the one true god. – When one starts with the presumption that one is absolutely and utterly “right” and anyone thinking otherwise is just as completely “wrong”, it does not promote the flexible thinking required to keep pace with the rapidly fluctuating pace of modern civilized society. -Monotheism “demands” a right/ wrong, heaven/hell, black/white worldview. -On the co
Re: An Insecure God.,a Conversation by menxer: 8:26pm On Oct 29, 2016
I never believed God said all those, it was too mundane and narrow minded to be of God.
Re: An Insecure God.,a Conversation by otemanuduno: 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
tonaydo:
mumumugu

so name affects
address the issue and stop being evasive undecided
Re: An Insecure God.,a Conversation by otemanuduno: 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2016
@ OP, God Almighty isn't the one in the Bible. That one is a monster, whose first name was Nymphidis and his second name Yahweh. He was named Satan because of his pyromaniacal and violent behaviour. This Satan(Yahweh) is just one of the numerous beings made by the Almighty God, but he chose to take the path of evil to humanity.

He is the same worshipped by many today, thinking that they have found GOD ALMIGHTY. As for God Almighty, he doesn't need anyone's worship. He gives us all brains and wants us to develop those brains while we do good to fellow humanity.
:
Adspiramen 15:41
41. And one of you sons of God shall give himself a name. He shall be called Peace. And his adopted son shall be called the Prince of Peace, just as you are all princes to Reverad your father.
Re: An Insecure God.,a Conversation by Petersamuel8(m): 9:04pm On Oct 29, 2016
otemanuduno:
@ OP, God Almighty isn't the one in the Bible. That one is a monster, whose first name was Nymphidis and his second name Yahweh. He was named Satan because of his pyromaniacal and violent behaviour. This Satan(Yahweh) is just one of the numerous beings made by the Almighty God, but he chose to take the path of evil to humanity.

He is the same worshipped by many today, thinking that they have found GOD ALMIGHTY. As for God Almighty, he doesn't need anyone's worship. He gives us all brains and wants us to develop those brains while we do good to fellow humanity.

. Be careful what you post online
Re: An Insecure God.,a Conversation by otemanuduno: 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2016
Petersamuel8:
. Be careful what you post online
Why? I perceive there's something you're scared of undecided
I AM OTEM, SENT TO THE WORLD TO REVEAL THE TRUE IDENTITY OF SATAN(YAHWEH) AND BRING THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE UNIVERSE TO ALL THE WORLD.
Re: An Insecure God.,a Conversation by Petersamuel8(m): 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2016
otemanuduno:
Why? I perceive there's something you're scared of undecided
I AM OTEM, SENT TO THE WORLD TO REVEAL THE TRUE IDENTITY OF SATAN(YAHWEH) AND BRING THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE UNIVERSE TO ALL THE WORLD.
. Why wasting your time on Nairaland, CNN is located in USA
Re: An Insecure God.,a Conversation by otemanuduno: 9:57pm On Oct 29, 2016
Petersamuel8:
. Why wasting your time on Nairaland, CNN is located in USA
We start from our own very land. Two years later, we go international.
Re: An Insecure God.,a Conversation by mumumugu(m): 9:05pm On Dec 12, 2016
Re: An Insecure God.,a Conversation by mumumugu(m): 3:45am On Sep 19, 2017
re read

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actor And Wife Share Testimony At Shiloh 2016 / So, Punch Read And Featured My Nairaland Thread On The Failed STD Prophecy / FAKE!! See The Top 7 Prophecies By Top Nigerian Pastors In 2016 That Didn’t Come

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.