Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin (38718 Views)

The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Colorful Photos From Oba Of Benin Coronation "Oba Ewuare II Of Benin Kingdom" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Cessa0(f): 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
d oba shud calm down jor, wt is t sef. ..

so they av to wait till january bfor any funeral cn take place. .. bcoz of one oba! d guy shud calm down jare

he don dey over-do
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Yinkatolu: 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
ubth morgue to hear am

1 Like

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by emymeeky: 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
grin Nigerians and cave life...

5 Likes

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Amathylee(m): 9:31pm On Oct 29, 2016
ogah oh0
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
Apa domo ooooo
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by MostIncredibleDFirst: 9:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
What nonsense from a mere ceremonial person. Chieftaincy should be abolished or given less interest as it is in Akwa Ibom.

6 Likes

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by tolexy123: 9:35pm On Oct 29, 2016
stupid people. mtcheeww
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by ifeelgood: 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2016
Hope he will also tell death to hold on till January 2017.

3 Likes

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by ettybaba(m): 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2016
nedu2000:
Are religious and traditional laws suppose to supercede a nation's constitution?
Nigeria is not a nation. Check the meaning of a nation in a dictionary.

2 Likes

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by kennyfour(m): 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2016
hmm I see no reason why it shld be post to next year,cos I see it has barbaric unless if that their culture of the pple.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by mrkoma2012: 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2016
Na for him compound he go fit talk these rubbish!
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by lebanonboy: 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2016
Maybe na recession touch d monarch, since money don finish 4 coronation
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by ehissi(m): 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
This Land is not for sale...........

Tresspassers will be shot; survivors will be sworn for and shot again.

By Order
Benin Traditional Council
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by onomeasike: 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2016
citizenjuwon:
Even if the deceased is a Muslim?? Is the king an emperor?
Good question. I have always maintained that most of the Benin tradition and history is based on falsehood. The most outlandish is the falsehood that the Oba of Benin is not Yoruba and originally from ile Ife
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by crisycent: 9:50pm On Oct 29, 2016
Ewuare N'ogidigan.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 29, 2016
Wonder should never end!
I wept for the masses over there. cry
Pls over make sure you take care of all the motuary bills acquired by your people.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by greggng: 9:51pm On Oct 29, 2016
Does this affects all edo people?
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by martineinstein(m): 9:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
if u get ears,hear word o..oba no get police but his enforcer are stronger,more active and more efficient than NYPD and LAPD

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
tiamiyukunle69:
Nothing wey person no go hear. If na Muslim die nko
I dont think this "Oba Law" is applicable to Muslims over there

1 Like

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by highwaist: 9:55pm On Oct 29, 2016
I know my Muslims brothers are exempted from the yeye other
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Nemesis99(m): 9:58pm On Oct 29, 2016
This king is imposing his belief on people. Is this how to rule? What does he expect Muslims who bury their dead loved ones before sunset?

This is Buhari's fault lol

2 Likes

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by tete7000(m): 9:59pm On Oct 29, 2016
Rubbish and nonsense.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by LorDBolton(m): 10:03pm On Oct 29, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
The Oba must be high on ikoriko weed. Will he pay for the days a corpse will spend in mortuary or embalming? I dare any reasonable Edo indigene to bury their corpse and sue his ass in court. In my area a monarch died and the old cargo chiefs declared a curfew for Oro festival. Ambode warned them not to try that nonsense in his state...but Oshiomhole can't talk because the Oba helped him rigged the election

Are you edo? If not pls shut up!

If ya'll have no respect for ur king no wahala.

It's clearly stated there 'the king can give consent'

Classless illiterate with no identity

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by mastermaestro(m): 10:03pm On Oct 29, 2016
Traditional privileges taken too far by the Bini monarch. He should employ wisdom so as to avoid risking mutiny which could in turn dent the revered reputation the Bini monarchy has built for itself over several centuries.

1 Like

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by repogirl(f): 10:05pm On Oct 29, 2016
GODKID98:
Ermm...Is this not a violation of human right??
me sef dey wonder am. undecided
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by evansjeff(m): 10:05pm On Oct 29, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
The Oba must be high on ikoriko weed. Will he pay for the days a corpse will spend in mortuary or embalming? I dare any reasonable Edo indigene to bury their corpse and sue his ass in court. In my area a monarch died and the old cargo chiefs declared a curfew for Oro festival. Ambode warned them not to try that nonsense in his state...but Oshiomhole can't talk because the Oba helped him rigged the election
young man keep quiet before something you can't explain happens to you, typical example of how people cause misfortunes for them selves without even knowing, don't dare compare your politically appointed or elected Oba to the Great Oba of Benin Kingdom. No one flouts his orders and go Scot free, even religious leaders in Benin know this and wouldn't dare him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by LorDBolton(m): 10:06pm On Oct 29, 2016
highwaist:
highwaist:

Who exempted them?

In the north during particular periods even xtians have 'observe their rules'

The same north southerners get killed for silly issues?

If they don't like it they should pack out of benin

2 Likes

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by brownlord: 10:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
mastermaestro:
Traditional privileges taken too far by the Bini monarch. He should employ wisdom so as to avoid risking mutiny which could in turn dent the revered reputation the Bini monarchy has built for itself over several centuries.

That's benin and not osun or Kwara

2 Likes

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by rhektor(m): 10:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
lekpaboy:
This is Pathetic. I'm starting to believe we're living in a zoo
What specie of wildlife are you?
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by repogirl(f): 10:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
This is exactly what happens when you give a human being too much reverence. They actually begin feeling godlike.

I've never been a fan of any monarchy, all humans are equal as far as it's same blood that flows through our veins.

5 Likes

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 29, 2016
Tradition is responsible for killing the growth of Africa, while the whites are busy planning on building the next IPhone, we are here worshiping our traditional leaders. Not that we don't have the brain to think, we just rely so much on religion to the point that some people believe God/gods will repair their roads and build hospitals. Pastors now move in private jets funded by gullible Christians. Search YouTube "stupid Christians" and you will cry for mumu worshipers who allow their pastor instruct them to eat grass and they all ate it, what's the difference between them and goats? Jesus please save us all from this bondage called tradition.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by evansjeff(m): 10:10pm On Oct 29, 2016
mayorkyzo:
So what about people that are are non indigenes...
you already answered your question, go home and do your burial, as long as you're in Benin Kingdom, then you must not dare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) / Picture Of My Uncle And Ogunwusi In Loyola College, Ibadan. / Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.