Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,930 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. (48162 Views)

Photo: Bumps On My Penis, Help Please / How To Get Rid Of Bumps On The Back Of The Head And Neck / I Have A Reddish Swollen Bumps On My Penis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 5:03am On Oct 31, 2016
ahkenaten:

Sir! That is an insult!!

besides, thanks for the description of the scalp!!! Now an occiptal node that is not in anyway located in all these five regions of the scalp but on a muscle atop these layers!! is telling you that it does not qualified to be called a scalp node!, it is on the trapezius, the shrugging muscle, innervated by the accesory cranial nerve 11, the muscle has 3 parts, the first part elevates the shoulder joint, 2nd part retracts the scapula, 3rd part draws down the scapular and also is a boundary of tge auscultation triangle!! dont insult me sir!. Thanks

Is the trapezius therefore outside ur head/scalp or in it?

Let me give u a clue muscles do not stand on their own.
The trapezius has to be btw the scalp skin and periosteum.

The trapezius attaches to the occipital bone, if the mzl attaches to the bone then the node must be within the scalp. Simple!

Source witheld still.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 31, 2016
I didn't even see this bit before replying?

Good to see a proud chap from d good old Alma mata, however ur hubris shouldn't be d death of u!

And by type of person if u mean I expect u to be someone prepping for an MB then yes, if however u expect me to acknowledge d fact dat u intend to show urself then that is unacceptable son. And u have a really long way to go.
ahkenaten:
so which is it

My current location is the university of Ibadan, that should give ypu a hint to the type of person you are conversing with.

Secondly, you with the witheld sources are the main suspect of using google and not me, perhaps i should send a picture of my numerous medical books which your "source" is so against, so you will have a piece of mind don't drag this on, just let it go.

My question is still unanswered, i guess because there wont be a clear cut google answer to it, lemme remind you again, its a basic question.

Is the trapezius part of the scalp?

you are conversing with a very intelligent person, pick your replies well.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 5:19am On Oct 31, 2016
What a blunder!! Jesus and you are a medical doctor!! the trapezius is between the scalp and periosteum, I was waiting for this.you have never passed throught the university of Ibadan, never! Ever and ever! and you are no medical doctor jeez! where are the medics chaii. Why did you make the mistake of replying . Trapezius is a scalp muscle?? You are no doctor mister kaiii.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 5:20am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Is the trapezius therefore outside ur head/scalp or in it?

Let me give u a clue muscles do not stand on their own.
The trapezius has to be btw the scalp skin and periosteum.

The trapezius attaches to the occipital bone, if the mzl attaches to the bone then the node must be within the scalp. Simple!

Source witheld still.

I told you to pick your replies well bro.. Jesus, i'm still laughing... so he saw it in a place that trapezius is attached to occipital bone and in his mjnd due to his calculations, trapezius has to be in the scalp muscles Jesus!! what happened to occipitalis. Christ this is funny

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 31, 2016
As expected, Wow! You haven't followed the trail I left for you!

How is this hard to comprehend.

It's a pity!

After explaining to the lad in polite plain English about the plausibility of my sources theory.

It's a pity what numbskulls Great UI tutors these days.

The standards hav indeed fallen.

grin
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 31, 2016
The username brings to mind Ashkenazi Jews

And he just contradicted himself.
ahkenaten:

I told you to pick your replies well bro.. Jesus, i'm still laughing... so he saw it in a place that trapezius is attached to occipital bone and in his mjnd due to his calculations, trapezius has to be in the scalp muscles Jesus!! what happened to occipitalis. Christ this is funny

No should it be under the scalp then? Or above it?

U can't be in UCH? Nah Maulagth u dey
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 5:37am On Oct 31, 2016
Whats your matric number? Who are your anatomy teachers... mention at least five of them ..lool
it is so obvious that you are checking google before you reply, google has now disgraced you, i purposely asked that question because i knew you wont get a clear cut answer from google... Jesus, please never ever claim the university of Ibadan again, we cannot produce doctors who do not know basic anatomy, all my discussion with you are flawed with simple basic mistakes, you type can never make it past 200l in medical school if you even got the admission in the first instance.

souces witheld still abiii ,...nonsense

Nigga chopped my bait.. I'm too wicked chai.. where is lagusta and co.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by whiteroses(f): 5:37am On Oct 31, 2016
Receive your healing in Jesus name Young man . No weapon formed against you shall prosper . Once you are healed this is the end of such in your life and no form of weird illness shall trouble you , I decree by the power of the almighty supreme God who has the authority over all things that you are made whole, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 5:41am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

UI my foot? Nah Maulag u dey go

Lol grin im too wicked, it was a trick question, the trapezius attaches to the occipital bone, and then extends into the back as a full fledged neck and back muscle.., go and read your anatomy.. ah what am I saying? go and read so you can pass Jamb grin grin I knew he will fall for it, my nigga gooffed grin trapezius scalp muscle grin sources with held again abii grin

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 5:43am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

U can't be in UCH? Nah Maulagth u dey

another blunder my name is not related to any jew ... wetin u wan sabi grin Akhenaten is a name of an ancient pharaoh of egypt, stop this nonsense at once grin where is Lagusta

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 31, 2016
Oh! And the kid comes alive!
Matric number ni? Wetin be that?
wink

Hm!

More unfounded Slanderous statements cheesy

Oh Boy I implore u to see reason to go thru our chats 2wice over. U didn't understand my codes obviously.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by artboll(m): 5:46am On Oct 31, 2016
While you guys move stuff,both malignant and benign, the picture put up by the op might indicate a sarcoma,possibly Kaposi'.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 31, 2016
Ur name is not ahkenaten obviously,

I merely likened, the spelling to the famous ashkenazi jews! and since u are ignorant of that fact I can decisively deduce that u r in ur preclinical classes still angry

See dis boy wey want pass MB! cry it's a pity
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 5:58am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Ur name is not ahkenaten obviously,

I merely likened, the spelling to the famous ashkenazi jews! and since u are ignorant of that fact I can decisively deduce that u r in ur preclinical classes still angry

See dis boy wey want pass MB! cry it's a pity

what a guy! grin grin i corrected you that akhenaten does not in any way go with ashkenazi ... don't try and by the way who tha hell doesnt know the ashkenazi jews?? everybody does bro grin

Just stop this act, it will get you arrested

what a fun way to start a day

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 5:59am On Oct 31, 2016
ahkenaten:
What a blunder!! Jesus and you are a medical doctor!! the trapezius is between the scalp and periosteum, I was waiting for this.you have never passed throught the university of Ibadan, never! Ever and ever! and you are no medical doctor jeez! where are the medics chaii. Why did you make the mistake of replying . Trapezius is a scalp muscle?? You are no doctor mister kaiii.

*devil emoji*
And now this statement makes sense atleast uptil the point where u erroneously imagined the trapezius to be solely a head muscle.

In ur frog dead brain son, u forgot it's only a part of the three trapezius parts that attaches to the skull beneath the skin within the scalp.

For ur mind dis is the bait u set for me?

That the trapezius is solely a head muscle?

Children of nowadays$
Unimaginative
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 5:59am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Oh! And the kid comes alive!
Matric number ni? Wetin be that?
wink

Hm!

More unfounded Slanderous statements cheesy

Oh Boy I implore u to see reason to go thru our chats 2wice over. U didn't understand my codes obviously.

you claimed you passed thru ui init??

give ur matric no, while in school nah.. UI my foot grin
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by DrAda(f): 6:02am On Oct 31, 2016
Can we please end this squabble? In as much as I will like to conribute to this debate, I won't cos the answer is painfully obvious. THERE IS NO LYMPH NODE IN THE SCALP. Someone mentioned trichilemmal cysts otherwise known as wens. I saw that too, but thought twice about it cos the consistency is hard. I am thinking subcutaneous nodules?? Cause. Searched online and got these answers which in truth are no answers at all but close.

LESIONS OF THE SCALP:
Actual neoplasms of the scalp are quite rare in children, but congenital lesions of the scalp are rather common.
Two such lesions require special attention due to the known potential for malignant degeneration. Nevus sebaceous is a congenital lesion primarily of sebaceous glands of the scalp that may transform into basal cell carcinoma. Giant congenital compound melanocytic nevi may occur anywhere in the skin including the scalp. These nevi may give rise to malignant melanomas. Early prophylactic resection of these lesions is recommended to decrease the risk of future malignancy.
In practice, superficial lesions confirmed to the dermis are usually treated by dermatologists and plastic surgeons; it is not until subgaleal or cranial involvement is apparent that neurosurgical consultation is obtained. The following conditions, although not necessarily neoplastic, are frequently encountered by pediatric neurosurgeons.

Scalp Nodules
Subcutaneous nodules of the scalp are common in children. The majority do not possess any intracranial extension or any relation to the neural structures.7 However, lesions of the scalp that on palpation are found to be fixed to the skull, or those overlying the midline may require further neurosurgical evaluation.
Scalp nodules result from numerous processes. In children especially, enlarged lymph nodes may present as scalp nodules, particularly in the postauricular region. There is frequently a history of upper respiratory infection and the lymphadenopathv is self-limited. It is also not uncommon in children to notice very firm nodules fixed to the skull after trauma, with or without skull fracture. These periosteal reactions should also resolve spontaneously.
Multiple painless subcutaneous nodules of the scalp may result from an inflammatory process of unknown origin known generically as "necrobiosis." Necrobiotic granulomas of the scalp are described under man titles including rheumatoid nodules, benign rheumatoid nodules, pseudo-rheumatoid nodules, subcutaneous granuloma annulare, and subcutaneous palisadinggranulomas of the scalp. Histologically, necrosis and degeneration of dermal collagen is the predominant feature, surrounded by histiocvtes, epithelioid cells, and multinucleated cells.

In contrast to true rheumatoid nodules associated with rheumatoid arthritis, these granulomas involve the scalp and pretibial subcutaneous tissue and are not found near the joints. Progression to clinical rheumatoid arthritis does not usually occur. The lesions have a predilection for the occipital and frontal scalp and usually resolve spontaneously. In general, biopsy is not indicated in typically appearing lesions.

Neurofibromas of the scalp may accompany neurofibromatosis type 1 (NFl) and to a lesser extent, neurofibromatosis type 2 (NF2). With an incidence of 1 in 3,000 live births, NFl is a commonly observed condition in pediatric neurosurgical practice. In a patient with NFl or NF2, the discovery of painless, subcutaneous nodules of the scalp does not usually present a diagnostic problem. Occasionally, however, a nodule may be found in the absence of known neurofibromatosis. Characteristic cutaneous markings such café-au-lait spots and auxiliary freckling should be sought although they may not vet be present in young children. Biopsy of a lesion that shows neurofibroma, although not usually essential, may prompt consideration of the diagnosis of neurofibromatosis. Resection of neurofibromas of the scalp may be indicated when lesions are painful (e.g., in proximity to the occipital nerve) or disfiguring. Consideration of biopsy or resection should be made in neurofibromas that have rapidly enlarged because malignant degeneration is possible.

A variety of benign proliferative disorders of mesenchymal tissue occur in infancy and may result in masses involving the scalp. skull, and occasionally, the dura. These lesions are referred to by various terms and have excellent long term prognoses despite initial periods of rapid growth. Infantile myofibromatosis is characterized by diffuse or nodular proliferations of cells resembling fibroblasts and smooth muscle cells. Although considered the most common benign fibrous tumor of infancy, involvement of the scalp and skull is relatively rare. Some lesions appear to arise from the dura and result in significant intracranial mass effect although the brain and arachnoid are not invaded. In these cases, dural resection is recommended because recurrence may occur from involved dural.
Cranial fasciitis of childhood is a rare, benign lesion of unknown etiology that appears histologically similar to the more common nodular fasciitis and infantile myofibromatosis. It occurs predominantly in infancy and may present as a rapidly growing subcutaneous mass, often with intracranial or intraorbital extension. Operation is generally indicated for histological diagnosis and relief of mass effect. Despite an appearance alarmingly suggestive of malignancy, these lesions usually do not recur after removal.

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 6:03am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

*devil emoji*
And now this statement makes sense atleast uptil the point where u erroneously imagined the trapezius to be solely a head muscle.

In ur frog dead brain son, u forgot it's only a part of the three trapezius parts that attaches to the skull beneath the skin within the scalp.

For ur mind dis is the bait u set for me?

That the trapezius is solely a head muscle?

Children of nowadays$
Unimaginative

Jesus! who between both of us claims its a scalp muscle who claimed it si soley in the head if not you grin olodo oshi Jesus this guy o grin

maybe you have missed the part where i cleared you fish head about how it extends into the back , before you hurriedly went to google (your witheld source since) to read more about this muscle... but it is too late you have already commited the blunder... Jesus

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 31, 2016
ahkenaten:

what a guy! grin grin i corrected you that akhenaten does not in any way go with ashkenazi ... don't try and by the way who tha hell doesnt know the ashkenazi jews?? everybody does bro grin

Just stop this act, it will get you arrested

what a fun way to start a day

Indeed! You went a great deal to learn the extent of ur own folly!

Go and read ur books my friend.

I can't believe u would pressume that someone thinks the trapezius only dey ur head.

I was puzzled sef at t question and wondering why u still asked me after u explained it urself.

Comeon go and prepare, ur failure is looming.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 6:05am On Oct 31, 2016
DrAda:
Can we please end this squabble? In as much as I will like to conribute to this debate, I won't cos the answer is painfully obvious. THERE IS NO LYMPH NODE IN THE SCALP. Someone mentioned trichilemmal cysts otherwise known as wens. I saw that too, but thought twice about it cos the consistency is hard. I am thinking subcutaneous nodules?? Cause. Searched online and got these answers which in truth are no answers at all but close.

LESIONS OF THE SCALP:
Actual neoplasms of the scalp are quite rare in children, but congenital lesions of the scalp are rather common.
Two such lesions require special attention due to the known potential for malignant degeneration. Nevus sebaceous is a congenital lesion primarily of sebaceous glands of the scalp that may transform into basal cell carcinoma. Giant congenital compound melanocytic nevi may occur anywhere in the skin including the scalp. These nevi may give rise to malignant melanomas. Early prophylactic resection of these lesions is recommended to decrease the risk of future malignancy.
In practice, superficial lesions confirmed to the dermis are usually treated by dermatologists and plastic surgeons; it is not until subgaleal or cranial involvement is apparent that neurosurgical consultation is obtained. The following conditions, although not necessarily neoplastic, are frequently encountered by pediatric neurosurgeons.

Scalp Nodules
Subcutaneous nodules of the scalp are common in children. The majority do not possess any intracranial extension or any relation to the neural structures.7 However, lesions of the scalp that on palpation are found to be fixed to the skull, or those overlying the midline may require further neurosurgical evaluation.
Scalp nodules result from numerous processes. In children especially, enlarged lymph nodes may present as scalp nodules, particularly in the postauricular region. There is frequently a history of upper respiratory infection and the lymphadenopathv is self-limited. It is also not uncommon in children to notice very firm nodules fixed to the skull after trauma, with or without skull fracture. These periosteal reactions should also resolve spontaneously.
Multiple painless subcutaneous nodules of the scalp may result from an inflammatory process of unknown origin known generically as "necrobiosis." Necrobiotic granulomas of the scalp are described under man titles including rheumatoid nodules, benign rheumatoid nodules, pseudo-rheumatoid nodules, subcutaneous granuloma annulare, and subcutaneous palisadinggranulomas of the scalp. Histologically, necrosis and degeneration of dermal collagen is the predominant feature, surrounded by histiocvtes, epithelioid cells, and multinucleated cells.

In contrast to true rheumatoid nodules associated with rheumatoid arthritis, these granulomas involve the scalp and pretibial subcutaneous tissue and are not found near the joints. Progression to clinical rheumatoid arthritis does not usually occur. The lesions have a predilection for the occipital and frontal scalp and usually resolve spontaneously. In general, biopsy is not indicated in typically appearing lesions.

Neurofibromas of the scalp may accompany neurofibromatosis type 1 (NFl) and to a lesser extent, neurofibromatosis type 2 (NF2). With an incidence of 1 in 3,000 live births, NFl is a commonly observed condition in pediatric neurosurgical practice. In a patient with NFl or NF2, the discovery of painless, subcutaneous nodules of the scalp does not usually present a diagnostic problem. Occasionally, however, a nodule may be found in the absence of known neurofibromatosis. Characteristic cutaneous markings such café-au-lait spots and auxiliary freckling should be sought although they may not vet be present in young children. Biopsy of a lesion that shows neurofibroma, although not usually essential, may prompt consideration of the diagnosis of neurofibromatosis. Resection of neurofibromas of the scalp may be indicated when lesions are painful (e.g., in proximity to the occipital nerve) or disfiguring. Consideration of biopsy or resection should be made in neurofibromas that have rapidly enlarged because malignant degeneration is possible.

A variety of benign proliferative disorders of mesenchymal tissue occur in infancy and may result in masses involving the scalp. skull, and occasionally, the dura. These lesions are referred to by various terms and have excellent long term prognoses despite initial periods of rapid growth. Infantile myofibromatosis is characterized by diffuse or nodular proliferations of cells resembling fibroblasts and smooth muscle cells. Although considered the most common benign fibrous tumor of infancy, involvement of the scalp and skull is relatively rare. Some lesions appear to arise from the dura and result in significant intracranial mass effect although the brain and arachnoid are not invaded. In these cases, dural resection is recommended because recurrence may occur from involved dural.
Cranial fasciitis of childhood is a rare, benign lesion of unknown etiology that appears histologically similar to the more common nodular fasciitis and infantile myofibromatosis. It occurs predominantly in infancy and may present as a rapidly growing subcutaneous mass, often with intracranial or intraorbital extension. Operation is generally indicated for histological diagnosis and relief of mass effect. Despite an appearance alarmingly suggestive of malignancy, these lesions usually do not recur after removal.

It shall be well with you Dr ada... that guy is not a doctor, he is just famzing!! see the basic anatomy he fluttered with all the while and he is still arguing and saying his source is witheld... i hate when people do stuff like that.

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 6:07am On Oct 31, 2016
grin
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 31, 2016
Source witheld against the ashkenazi jew whose mind went straight to pharoah when I was recalling a medical condition.

cheesy

Haba! My resolve is unshaken, I almost doubted my sources sef!

Small boy, run along now to ur nana! cheesy

Trapezius only in d head, ui vomitted this one cheesy grin
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 6:15am On Oct 31, 2016
ahkenaten:

Lol grin im too wicked, it was a trick question, the trapezius attaches to the occipital bone, and then extends into the back as a full fledged neck and back muscle.., go and read your anatomy.. ah what am I saying? go and read so you can pass Jamb grin grin I knew he will fall for it, my nigga gooffed grin trapezius scalp muscle grin sources with held again abii grin

No 'sir' lol grin you not me in your ignorance made that assupmtion that the trapezius is in the head after u fell for my trap and the evidence is still up there grin grin and i cleared you with this post i just quoted. don't turn the table bro... this is the last post concerning this matter, as it is becoming childish. get a nice job God bless you, and drop this attitude, it won't help you man. Stay cool.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 31, 2016
Thank God u explained this bit now! My deductions from ur scheme are correct, u tried to set me up undecided Mr. Intelligent
ahkenaten:

Jesus! who between both of us claims its a scalp muscle who claimed it si soley in the head if not you grin olodo oshi Jesus this guy o grin

maybe you have missed the part where i cleared you fish head about how it extends into the back , before you hurriedly went to google (your witheld source since) to read more about this muscle... but it is too late you have already commited the blunder... Jesus
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 31, 2016
Do you realize that u just quoted urself lol! grin
ahkenaten:

No 'sir' lol grin you not me in your ignorance made that assupmtion that the trapezius is in the head after u fell for my trap and the evidence is still up there grin grin and i cleared you with this post i just quoted. don't turn the table bro... this is the last post concerning this matter, as it is becoming childish. get a nice job God bless you, and drop this attitude, it won't help you man. Stay cool.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 6:19am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Do you realize that I just quoted urself lol! grin

yep to show ypu where i corrected you, is that too hard to understand?
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 31, 2016
Any way! Essentially, the lymph nodes are in the scalp as the scalp entails all region ur hair errupts from ur head grin
ahkenaten:

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 31, 2016
I never did undecided
Bait bawo ashkenazi
ahkenaten:

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 31, 2016
ahkenaten:

Lol geez...did you just type that sir!... lol, after I corrected what you wrote up there, about the occipital region spreading from lambda to the point of afticulation, you tried to do damage control by typing these and still made some errors, occipital region was not named after the bone, rather the bone was named because it is found in the posterior area of the head, the latin for posterior region of the head is occiput, which i have pointed out earlier, the bone derived its name from the region and not otherwise!!

A reminder sir! is trapeziuz muscle part of the scalp?
Bait bawo! UI ni grin
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by DrAda(f): 6:39am On Oct 31, 2016
@OP, IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS, THE DERMATOLOGIST JUST REPLIED AND ASKED THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS

1. She wants to know how it all started and whether there are other problems apart from that on the scalp
2. How rapidly did it grow

I guess this boils down to clerking you but I really must confess that I don't have the time at my disposal now. Need to prepare the kids for school and rush off to work to see my patients. The med students are also writing their exams today. Perhaps, someone else should take up the clerking.

Later

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Redfruit(m): 6:48am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:
grin haba! What rock did you fallout from? Pls go Thru the entire thread again and don't make assumptions like lagusta grin
I already did, i understand that you apologised to him but the harm has been done to the medical hierarchy. Next time, don't talk more than you know.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Lagusta(m): 7:17am On Oct 31, 2016
amokeme:

Exactly... But I see pride and Ego protection all over Lagusta replies... every medical doctor was once a medical student, so why emphasizing it like it's supposed to be a new knowledge?
Other doctors here stated what they feel might be the problem with genuine concern for the baby..(and that should be the primary concern of every doctor. Not trying to prove a point)
You felt the student was wrong? Correct him. And if he doesn't take it, then let it slide since professionally you are the "bigger" person
And @ Silkmoth33 yoy need to relax on the attitude

My dear, please read my posts, see if I had any iota of ego protection in them....

If you noticed, I even wanted to playfully let everything slide, but he did the ultimate thing, he referred a senior to his textbooks. That is not only insulting but outright silly for a medical student to do....

At first, when he said "I hope those aren't lymph nodes" I didn't even correct him because I thought he was a doctor like me, so I just gave my opinion and left, then he started pouring out "stuff" for me, and I told him to compare his stuff to what he sees in the pic....

Even when he was still adamant, I just tried ignoring him. Then he had the effrontery and the audacity to say "go and read Cunningham" (which is even a manual of practical anatomy anyway)

I have mentored many medical students, created a thread for them, tutored students on how to survive, house officers on how to get stuff out of no stuff. None of them ever regretted it.....

Please don't misinterpret me please

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Young Nigerian Man Drowns A Day After Sharing A Facebook Post About Death (Pix) / Anayo Isaac Ugwuaba Undergoes Surgery Abroad (Photos) / Man Accused Of Using A False Cancer Claim To Defraud Nigerians - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.