Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. (48158 Views)

Photo: Bumps On My Penis, Help Please / How To Get Rid Of Bumps On The Back Of The Head And Neck / I Have A Reddish Swollen Bumps On My Penis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Lagusta(m): 7:22am On Oct 31, 2016
DrAda:
Can we please end this squabble? In as much as I will like to conribute to this debate, I won't cos the answer is painfully obvious. THERE IS NO LYMPH NODE IN THE SCALP. Someone mentioned trichilemmal cysts otherwise known as wens. I saw that too, but thought twice about it cos the consistency is hard. I am thinking subcutaneous nodules?? Cause. Searched online and got these answers which in truth are no answers at all but close.

LESIONS OF THE SCALP:
Actual neoplasms of the scalp are quite rare in children, but congenital lesions of the scalp are rather common.
Two such lesions require special attention due to the known potential for malignant degeneration. Nevus sebaceous is a congenital lesion primarily of sebaceous glands of the scalp that may transform into basal cell carcinoma. Giant congenital compound melanocytic nevi may occur anywhere in the skin including the scalp. These nevi may give rise to malignant melanomas. Early prophylactic resection of these lesions is recommended to decrease the risk of future malignancy.
In practice, superficial lesions confirmed to the dermis are usually treated by dermatologists and plastic surgeons; it is not until subgaleal or cranial involvement is apparent that neurosurgical consultation is obtained. The following conditions, although not necessarily neoplastic, are frequently encountered by pediatric neurosurgeons.

Scalp Nodules
Subcutaneous nodules of the scalp are common in children. The majority do not possess any intracranial extension or any relation to the neural structures.7 However, lesions of the scalp that on palpation are found to be fixed to the skull, or those overlying the midline may require further neurosurgical evaluation.
Scalp nodules result from numerous processes. In children especially, enlarged lymph nodes may present as scalp nodules, particularly in the postauricular region. There is frequently a history of upper respiratory infection and the lymphadenopathv is self-limited. It is also not uncommon in children to notice very firm nodules fixed to the skull after trauma, with or without skull fracture. These periosteal reactions should also resolve spontaneously.
Multiple painless subcutaneous nodules of the scalp may result from an inflammatory process of unknown origin known generically as "necrobiosis." Necrobiotic granulomas of the scalp are described under man titles including rheumatoid nodules, benign rheumatoid nodules, pseudo-rheumatoid nodules, subcutaneous granuloma annulare, and subcutaneous palisadinggranulomas of the scalp. Histologically, necrosis and degeneration of dermal collagen is the predominant feature, surrounded by histiocvtes, epithelioid cells, and multinucleated cells.

In contrast to true rheumatoid nodules associated with rheumatoid arthritis, these granulomas involve the scalp and pretibial subcutaneous tissue and are not found near the joints. Progression to clinical rheumatoid arthritis does not usually occur. The lesions have a predilection for the occipital and frontal scalp and usually resolve spontaneously. In general, biopsy is not indicated in typically appearing lesions.

Neurofibromas of the scalp may accompany neurofibromatosis type 1 (NFl) and to a lesser extent, neurofibromatosis type 2 (NF2). With an incidence of 1 in 3,000 live births, NFl is a commonly observed condition in pediatric neurosurgical practice. In a patient with NFl or NF2, the discovery of painless, subcutaneous nodules of the scalp does not usually present a diagnostic problem. Occasionally, however, a nodule may be found in the absence of known neurofibromatosis. Characteristic cutaneous markings such café-au-lait spots and auxiliary freckling should be sought although they may not vet be present in young children. Biopsy of a lesion that shows neurofibroma, although not usually essential, may prompt consideration of the diagnosis of neurofibromatosis. Resection of neurofibromas of the scalp may be indicated when lesions are painful (e.g., in proximity to the occipital nerve) or disfiguring. Consideration of biopsy or resection should be made in neurofibromas that have rapidly enlarged because malignant degeneration is possible.

A variety of benign proliferative disorders of mesenchymal tissue occur in infancy and may result in masses involving the scalp. skull, and occasionally, the dura. These lesions are referred to by various terms and have excellent long term prognoses despite initial periods of rapid growth. Infantile myofibromatosis is characterized by diffuse or nodular proliferations of cells resembling fibroblasts and smooth muscle cells. Although considered the most common benign fibrous tumor of infancy, involvement of the scalp and skull is relatively rare. Some lesions appear to arise from the dura and result in significant intracranial mass effect although the brain and arachnoid are not invaded. In these cases, dural resection is recommended because recurrence may occur from involved dural.
Cranial fasciitis of childhood is a rare, benign lesion of unknown etiology that appears histologically similar to the more common nodular fasciitis and infantile myofibromatosis. It occurs predominantly in infancy and may present as a rapidly growing subcutaneous mass, often with intracranial or intraorbital extension. Operation is generally indicated for histological diagnosis and relief of mass effect. Despite an appearance alarmingly suggestive of malignancy, these lesions usually do not recur after removal.

I didn't even know my oga at the top has nailed it, thank you so much ma, God bless you.

Abeg let this case close jare.....

Me Sef get patients to see.....
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by nagodesmile18(f): 7:38am On Oct 31, 2016
Lagusta:

He would forever be a BOY to me unless he sheds that crappy attitude of his.....
hmmmm
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by elobyobi: 7:40am On Oct 31, 2016
DrAda:
Can we please end this squabble? In as much as I will like to conribute to this debate, I won't cos the answer is painfully obvious. THERE IS NO LYMPH NODE IN THE SCALP. Someone mentioned trichilemmal cysts otherwise known as wens. I saw that too, but thought twice about it cos the consistency is hard. I am thinking subcutaneous nodules?? Cause. Searched online and got these answers which in truth are no answers at all but close.

LESIONS OF THE SCALP:
Actual neoplasms of the scalp are quite rare in children, but congenital lesions of the scalp are rather common.
Two such lesions require special attention due to the known potential for malignant degeneration. Nevus sebaceous is a congenital lesion primarily of sebaceous glands of the scalp that may transform into basal cell carcinoma. Giant congenital compound melanocytic nevi may occur anywhere in the skin including the scalp. These nevi may give rise to malignant melanomas. Early prophylactic resection of these lesions is recommended to decrease the risk of future malignancy.
In practice, superficial lesions confirmed to the dermis are usually treated by dermatologists and plastic surgeons; it is not until subgaleal or cranial involvement is apparent that neurosurgical consultation is obtained. The following conditions, although not necessarily neoplastic, are frequently encountered by pediatric neurosurgeons.

Scalp Nodules
Subcutaneous nodules of the scalp are common in children. The majority do not possess any intracranial extension or any relation to the neural structures.7 However, lesions of the scalp that on palpation are found to be fixed to the skull, or those overlying the midline may require further neurosurgical evaluation.
Scalp nodules result from numerous processes. In children especially, enlarged lymph nodes may present as scalp nodules, particularly in the postauricular region. There is frequently a history of upper respiratory infection and the lymphadenopathv is self-limited. It is also not uncommon in children to notice very firm nodules fixed to the skull after trauma, with or without skull fracture. These periosteal reactions should also resolve spontaneously.
Multiple painless subcutaneous nodules of the scalp may result from an inflammatory process of unknown origin known generically as "necrobiosis." Necrobiotic granulomas of the scalp are described under man titles including rheumatoid nodules, benign rheumatoid nodules, pseudo-rheumatoid nodules, subcutaneous granuloma annulare, and subcutaneous palisadinggranulomas of the scalp. Histologically, necrosis and degeneration of dermal collagen is the predominant feature, surrounded by histiocvtes, epithelioid cells, and multinucleated cells.

In contrast to true rheumatoid nodules associated with rheumatoid arthritis, these granulomas involve the scalp and pretibial subcutaneous tissue and are not found near the joints. Progression to clinical rheumatoid arthritis does not usually occur. The lesions have a predilection for the occipital and frontal scalp and usually resolve spontaneously. In general, biopsy is not indicated in typically appearing lesions.

Neurofibromas of the scalp may accompany neurofibromatosis type 1 (NFl) and to a lesser extent, neurofibromatosis type 2 (NF2). With an incidence of 1 in 3,000 live births, NFl is a commonly observed condition in pediatric neurosurgical practice. In a patient with NFl or NF2, the discovery of painless, subcutaneous nodules of the scalp does not usually present a diagnostic problem. Occasionally, however, a nodule may be found in the absence of known neurofibromatosis. Characteristic cutaneous markings such café-au-lait spots and auxiliary freckling should be sought although they may not vet be present in young children. Biopsy of a lesion that shows neurofibroma, although not usually essential, may prompt consideration of the diagnosis of neurofibromatosis. Resection of neurofibromas of the scalp may be indicated when lesions are painful (e.g., in proximity to the occipital nerve) or disfiguring. Consideration of biopsy or resection should be made in neurofibromas that have rapidly enlarged because malignant degeneration is possible.

A variety of benign proliferative disorders of mesenchymal tissue occur in infancy and may result in masses involving the scalp. skull, and occasionally, the dura. These lesions are referred to by various terms and have excellent long term prognoses despite initial periods of rapid growth. Infantile myofibromatosis is characterized by diffuse or nodular proliferations of cells resembling fibroblasts and smooth muscle cells. Although considered the most common benign fibrous tumor of infancy, involvement of the scalp and skull is relatively rare. Some lesions appear to arise from the dura and result in significant intracranial mass effect although the brain and arachnoid are not invaded. In these cases, dural resection is recommended because recurrence may occur from involved dural.
Cranial fasciitis of childhood is a rare, benign lesion of unknown etiology that appears histologically similar to the more common nodular fasciitis and infantile myofibromatosis. It occurs predominantly in infancy and may present as a rapidly growing subcutaneous mass, often with intracranial or intraorbital extension. Operation is generally indicated for histological diagnosis and relief of mass effect. Despite an appearance alarmingly suggestive of malignancy, these lesions usually do not recur after removal.
Hi doc. I mentioned trichilemmal cysts because the OP didn't volunteer the consistency of the swellings, and trichilemmal cysts do calcify; whoever sent the OP to Union Diagnostics mentioned "calcified" somewhere in the indication for the x-ray....
But your stuff makes a lot of sense too. I guess it would be an interesting case to see up close. These nairaland people just come here to boast about who is a fellow and who is a medical student, it's tiring.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Vaxt(m): 7:41am On Oct 31, 2016
DjSwaga:

Oya accept ur PhD already. Lmaooooo funniest post today
thank yoious gat 1 alreadious
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by DrAda(f): 7:49am On Oct 31, 2016
elobyobi:

Hi doc. I mentioned trichilemmal cysts because the OP didn't volunteer the consistency of the swellings, and trichilemmal cysts do calcify; whoever sent the OP to Union Diagnostics mentioned "calcified" somewhere in the indication for the x-ray....
But your stuff makes a lot of sense too. I guess it would be an interesting case to see up close. These nairaland people just come here to boast about who is a fellow and who is a medical student, it's tiring.

Okay dear... I hope the op brings us up to speed. I do not know why but I just love intriguing cases like this. Later.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 7:52am On Oct 31, 2016
Lagusta:

My dear, please read my posts, see if I had any iota of ego protection in them....

If you noticed, I even wanted to playfully let everything slide, but he did the ultimate thing, he referred a senior to his textbooks. That is not only insulting but outright silly for a medical student to do....

At first, when he said "I hope those aren't lymph nodes" I didn't even correct him because I thought he was a doctor like me, so I just gave my opinion and left, then he started pouring out "stuff" for me, and I told him to compare his stuff to what he sees in the pic....

Even when he was still adamant, I just tried ignoring him. Then he had the effrontery and the audacity to say "go and read Cunningham" (which is even a manual of practical anatomy anyway)

I have mentored many medical students, created a thread for them, tutored students on how to survive, house officers on how to get stuff out of no stuff. None of them ever regretted it.....

Please don't misinterpret me please

I doubt if He is a doctor, nor a student. you can see how can someone forget some very basic things like scalp nodes and fluttering with trapezius muscle ?? the way he was even replying is funny. and still saying his source of rubbish is with held. Don't mind him jahre

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by DrAda(f): 8:07am On Oct 31, 2016
ahkenaten:

I doubt if He is a doctor, nor a student. you can see how can someone forget some very basic things like scalp nodes and fluttering with trapezius muscle ?? the way he was even replying is funny. and still saying his source of rubbish is with held. Don't mind him jahre

I initially doubted if he was a doctor too until he mentioned the Ashkenazi Jews. I first learnt that term some years back when I was preparing for my primaries and found it intriguing that a group of people are genetically encoded to be plagued with multiple metabolic disorders. My guess is that he is a doctor without the clinical experience which he will gain with time. Also, I figured from his replies that at some point he realized that he made a mistake but didn't want to give up cos his ego was at stake. You guys didn't make it easy for him as well. I am glad it is over though.

3 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 8:12am On Oct 31, 2016
DrAda:

I initially doubted if he was a doctor too until he mentioned the Ashkenazi Jews. I first learnt that term some years back when I was preparing for my primaries and found it intriguing that a group of people are genetically encoded to be plagued with multiple metabolic disorders. My guess is that he is a doctor without the clinical experience which he will gain with time. Also, I figured from his replies that at some point he knew that he made a mistake but didn't want to give up cos his ego was at stake. You guys didn't make it easy for him as well. I am glad it is over though.

Thats true ma'am, I will give him the benefit of the doubt too, but then he should stop calling skull bone periosteum and all those other misfires, such errors are too basic,people will be doubting him with such mistakes, and he should accept whenever he is in error, nobody is infallible.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by exclusive7(m): 8:24am On Oct 31, 2016
Inshalord:
Good day all,

Please, I need your advice cos I believe before me people exist who have experienced this.
Doctors in the house abeg what could be d cause of this bumps,though we ve appointment with dermatologist next month 11th but also i will appreciate ur opinions before the appointed date.
Thanks

Baba first of all...leave all the english about fungi and bla bla bla 'NL doctors' are naming it.
I am no doctor but I have experienced this when it happened to my junior brother.. The swellings/bumps are from an insect bite..I'm Igbo and in Igbo its called "nduu"(not sure of the spelling tho). Anytime we go to the village (holidays maybe;Christmas n stuffs like that) he would always have the bumps on his head and hands..Till we were told of the insects. ever since anytime we go to the villa or in any bushy environment he wears a long sleeve and a hood or a cap since then.. it has not happened except he leaves his body open.
The bites of the insect is painless.. you won't even feel the insect climb yhu or its bite.It won't harm your boy and the swellings will go after about 3/4 days..
moreover your boy won't get sick in anyway be it headaches or fever the swelling in its own doesn't pain..
I am still no doctor, see a doctor if your still not certain
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by adexin: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2016
people I believe most in the profession r the consultant,Sr, professors.........the Ho almost put my life in danger some years back.........funnest thing I hear when they give report during their ward round....is pathy/pathy, neuropathy,cephalo pathy..........oga oooooooooo medicine with their jargon
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by kendraloops(f): 8:46am On Oct 31, 2016
twinskenny:
Notice this on my sons head sometimes.... But used to disappear on its own. Then I noticed it comes up when he didn't barb his hair on time

Exact situation with my son too!!
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 31, 2016
Am just gonna comment on this thread, to know how the boy finally gets treated,nothing more, let me not say what is on my mind right now lipsrsealed
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by onatisi(m): 8:55am On Oct 31, 2016
This is why I will and can never trust any Nigerian doctor with my life or health. 97% of them are just confused bunch of people ,they will end up messing up or even killing the patient.
No wonder no sensible rich man bothers using them even for ordinary typhoid fever .

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by adexin: 9:09am On Oct 31, 2016
A patients with cord compression and parapagia paralysis was required for dopper of the lower limbs and brain ct (general hospital here in lag)not to mention name.....with the level of treatment patient moved to anoda general hospital outside lagos (with x _ ray and MRI scan) required for proper examination...............if necessary action wasn't taken then the patient might have passed out
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by wunderkiind(m): 9:46am On Oct 31, 2016
djgreenland:
Even professors still consult their textbooks.....
Absolutely.
On their own volition, and as the need arises, I suppose.

But I wouldn't imagine a Registrar suggesting such, to a Professor. That wouldn't be too nice. Or is it?

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Analee(f): 10:05am On Oct 31, 2016
Inshalord:
Good day all,

Please, I need your advice cos I believe before me people exist who have experienced this.
Doctors in the house abeg what could be d cause of this bumps,though we ve appointment with dermatologist next month 11th but also i will appreciate ur opinions before the appointed date.
Thanks.if u wil heed to ma advice,Go 2 to any branch of OPM n get d oil n water,or beta if u PH com to d headquaters on sunday get d oil n water daddy OPM wil bless it,use it to rub on d boy's head,i bet u it wil neva remain d same.

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Analee(f): 10:30am On Oct 31, 2016
Inshalord:
Good day all,

Thanks

If u wil heed to ma advice,Go to any branch of OPM get d water n oil,or beta stil if u n Ph go to d headquaters n get it,den daddy OPM wil bless it,tel u hw to use it,n i bet u u boy's head wil neva remain d same.js giv it a trial.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by vicksbaba(m): 10:34am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Hm! U did mention a human being(who was supposedly ur friend) that failed out of the Mbbs program.

I sure as hell hope that person was not vickybaba, cos d guy conjured up some trash from anywhere(as he is yet to understand what it means and paste here with a shrewed understanding) which u suprisingly agree with.

Stay away from such ppl, he has not helped ur situation at all. Pls do ur research on the nodes of the scalp and don't let this guy confuse u.

*But ppl wicked sha, how person go cite his own friend as example to teach moral lesson*
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by vicksbaba(m): 10:36am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Hm! U did mention a human being(who was supposedly ur friend) that failed out of the Mbbs program.

I sure as hell hope that person was not vickybaba, cos d guy conjured up some trash from anywhere(as he is yet to understand what it means and paste here with a shrewed understanding) which u suprisingly agree with.

Stay away from such ppl, he has not helped ur situation at all. Pls do ur research on the nodes of the scalp and don't let this guy confuse u.

*But ppl wicked sha, how person go cite his own friend as example to teach moral lesson*

Oga Silkmoth, that's basic general surgery principle oooo.... I didn't conjure anything. I sent you what i learnt from a senior registra.

And let me add this; Lagusta has been like an online mentor. In fact, I've learnt stuffs from his posts on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by enitey(f): 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

What can we say! cheesy the profession is like none other

I love Doctors though

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Flashaldrin(m): 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
Lmao! I really had a good laugh!. silkworth is probably one silly troll studying medicine in ukraine and laughing his arse off at how you guys are making so much fuss over his lame arse comments. Chief Lagusta and ahkenaten, you guys really have time o cheesy cheesy cheesy

And any body that thinks silkworth has ever been a doctor after all his scalp contains lymphnode, bone, muscles, and maybe even the brain angry angry bla bla should come for questioning. angry

He has potentials though wink that is if he is not mrcork's alternate moniker grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by twinskenny(m): 2:26pm On Oct 31, 2016
kendraloops:

Exact situation with my son too!!

but my son own has stopped for sometime now

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Lagusta(m): 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
Flashaldrin:
Lmao! I really had a good laugh!. silkworth is probably one silly troll studying medicine in ukraine and laughing his arse off at how you guys are making so much fuss over his lame arse comments. Chief Lagusta and ahkenaten, you guys really have time o cheesy cheesy cheesy

And any body that thinks silkworth has ever been a doctor after all his scalp contains lymphnode, bone, muscles, and maybe even the brain angry angry bla bla should come for questioning. angry

He has potentials though wink that is if he is not mrcork's alternate moniker grin

Hahahahahahahhahahahaha, I actually laughed out loud!!! grin
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by okusman(m): 8:31pm On Oct 31, 2016
Lagusta:

And you are....

Your point please....

But actually your post is quite amusing, considering the fact that the first doctor you would ever meet in the teaching hospital is the HOUSE OFFICER!!!

Cheers bro

because an house officer is the first doc that will say hello to me doesn't mean he/she is the one that will treat me.... maybe I should put it in this format....

why don't you give the money that you want to deposit into your account to the security man that opens the bank door for u because he is d first staff of that bank to see/meet?...
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by whoisuche: 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2016
Inshalord:
Good day all,

Thanks

Try those people selling agbo (herbal)
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by dominique(f): 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2016
@ Inshalord, how is he doing now?
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by zimunachimdi: 9:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
DrAda:

Now this is getting interesting.
My dear, those lesions can never be molluscum contagiosum. I have spent 6 years as a resident doctor in Paediatrics and I have seen quite a number of molluscum contagiosum cases and they don't look like that. I must say that I am rather surprised it was even considered as a differential diagnosis. Again @op, wait for the dermatologist. If you had come to me, that will be my advice. Those lesions don't look like it is of an infectious origin. An experienced dermatologist can make the Diagnosis just by inspection only. I have sent your kids pics to a dermatologist, expecting her reply.

Ma,I need your help pls.
I noticed a small bump on my boy at the back of his ear when he was around 1 or 2months. one was moveable while the other was not so moveable. he is almost 5months now and one has dried up a little while the other has not.

google said it is lymph nodes or so that it will go on its own but this thread has made me more worried than ever.

i also noticed some balls at the tail neck.
cc: lagusta and other medical personnel.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by vicksbaba(m): 11:29pm On Oct 31, 2016
Flashaldrin:

I did a background research on his nairaland profile... Since he's really loud in talking, I figured out that he'd have at some point leaked an info of himself... He's actually a Doctor who finished from Nigeria's Premier Private University. He said it clearly in the post he made below that he was a 400 level student as at 2012

Silkmoth33:

smiley beejay i admire your comeback. Good timing. Why do you ppl want me to talk to much. I'm almost a day old on the site and i already can conclude that this place is filled with "itk"s. Okay.

I'm a 400 level medical student at the premier private university in nigeria. So believe me when i say that unless you've got malfunctioning kidneys, syndrome of inappropriate hypersecretion of anti-diuretic hormone or secondary hyperaldosteronism; it is safe and hygenic to drink salt water. smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/1048853/neil-armstrongs-remains-buried-sea/2#12195728
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Lagusta(m): 11:33pm On Oct 31, 2016
okusman:

because an house officer is the first doc that will say hello to me doesn't mean he/she is the one that will treat me.... maybe I should put it in this format....

why don't you give the money that you want to deposit into your account to the security man that opens the bank door for u because he is d first staff of that bank to see/meet?...

Eiyaaa, this just shows that you know NOTHING about health care....
Comparing the security guard of a bank to a house officer is like comparing the confidential secretary of a law firm to a fresh barrister...

But hey, a fresh barrister can still represent you at a court of law!!!!

That's just how health care is. You first see the house officer, he clerks you, takes history, performs physical examinations, makes an initial assessment, takes samples, orders for investigations, draw a preliminary treatment plan, and the finally inform his registrar/Medical officer....

The registrar goes through the clerking, dots i's and crosses t's, and informs the senior registrar, who does the same until the consultant is informed, who gives his final verdict, which all members of the team, including the house officer, follows to the marrow.....

So in essence, no consultant would ever review a patient unless the house officer sees, then the registrar and so forth....

Hope I am clear now??

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Young Nigerian Man Drowns A Day After Sharing A Facebook Post About Death (Pix) / Anayo Isaac Ugwuaba Undergoes Surgery Abroad (Photos) / Man Accused Of Using A False Cancer Claim To Defraud Nigerians - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.