Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Did Bible Instruct Us To Judge Others? Yes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Bible Instruct Us To Judge Others? Yes (674 Views)

Does The Bible Instruct Us To Forgive And Forget? / Why Did Bible Say We Are gods? / Did Bible Really Conderm DIVORCE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Bible Instruct Us To Judge Others? Yes by chimaobinelson(m): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2016
People are always writing me saying, “don’t judge only God can judge .” This statement is not even in the Bible.
Most of the people who say that it is wrong to judge others are not unbelievers. They are
people who profess to be Christians.
People don’t understand that they are being hypocritical because they are judging themselves.
These days people would rather allow people to go to hell than expose evil.
Many people say,“why are Christians so judgmental?” You get judged all your
life, but as soon as it’s about Christianity
it is a problem. Judging is not sinful, but a judgmental critical heart is,which I will explain below.(see john 7:24).
How can you tell good from bad fruit
without judging? How can you tell good friends from bad friends without judging? You have to judge and you do judge.

1. Matthew 7:18-20
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a
bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree
that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
Scripture says that we are to expose evil. These false teachings and these lies entering
Christianity that say, “you can be a homosexual and still be a Christian”
would not have entered if more people would have stood up and said, “no it’s sin!”
2. Ephesians 5:11
Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of
darkness, but instead even expose them.
SOMETIMES EVEN BEING SILENT IS SINFUL
3. Ezekiel 3:18-19
So when I say to a wicked person, ‘You’re about to die,’if you don’t warn or instruct that wicked person that his behavior is wicked so he can live, that wicked person will
die in his sin, but I’ll hold you responsible
for his death . If you warn the wicked person, and he doesn’t repent of his wickedness or of his wicked behavior, he’ll die in his sin,
but you will have saved your own life.
Many people point to Matthew 7:1 and say, “you see judging is a sin.”
We must read it in context. It is talking about
hypocritical judging!!!. For example, how can I judge you for being a thief, but I steal just as much or more? How can I tell you to stop
having premarital sex when I still have premarital sex? I have to examine myself. Am I being a hypocrite?

4. Matthew 7:1-5
“Do not judge, so that you won’t be judged.
For with the judgment you use, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it
will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye but don’t notice the log in your own eye?
Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let
me take the speck out of your eye,’ and
look, there’s a log in your eye? Hypocrite!
First take the log out of your eye, and
then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye. “

5. Romans 2:1-2
You,therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at
whatever point you judge another, you
are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
6. Romans 2:21-22
therefore you who teach someone else,do you not teach yourself? You who preach againststealing, do you steal? You who say
that one should not commit adultery, do
you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
How are we to watch out for false teachers if we can’t judge?
7. Matthew 7:15-16
Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are savage wolves. You will know them by their fruit. Grapes aren’t gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles, are they?
How are we to distinguish good from evil without judging?
8. Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, for those
who have their powers of discernmenty trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil .
God’s people will judge
9. 1 Corinthians 6:2
Or don’t you know that the saints will judge the world ? And if the world is judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest cases?
10. 1 Corinthians2:15
The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments.
How can we warn without judging?
11. 2 Thessalonians 3:15
Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.
Re: Did Bible Instruct Us To Judge Others? Yes by MuttleyLaff: 11:06am On Oct 30, 2016
chimaobinelson:
[size=5pt]People are always writing me saying, “don’t judge only God can judge .” This statement is not even in the Bible.
Most of the people who say that it is wrong to judge others are not unbelievers. They are
people who profess to be Christians.
People don’t understand that they are being hypocritical because they are judging themselves.
These days people would rather allow people to go to hell than expose evil.
Many people say,“why are Christians so judgmental?” You get judged all your
life, but as soon as it’s about Christianity
it is a problem. Judging is not sinful, but a judgmental critical heart is,which I will explain below.(see john 7:24).
How can you tell good from bad fruit
without judging? How can you tell good friends from bad friends without judging? You have to judge and you do judge.

1. Matthew 7:18-20
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a
bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree
that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
Scripture says that we are to expose evil. These false teachings and these lies entering
Christianity that say, “you can be a homosexual and still be a Christian”
would not have entered if more people would have stood up and said, “no it’s sin!”
2. Ephesians 5:11
Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of
darkness, but instead even expose them.
SOMETIMES EVEN BEING SILENT IS SINFUL
3. Ezekiel 3:18-19
So when I say to a wicked person, ‘You’re about to die,’if you don’t warn or instruct that wicked person that his behavior is wicked so he can live, that wicked person will
die in his sin, but I’ll hold you responsible
for his death . If you warn the wicked person, and he doesn’t repent of his wickedness or of his wicked behavior, he’ll die in his sin,
but you will have saved your own life.
Many people point to Matthew 7:1 and say, “you see judging is a sin.”
We must read it in context. It is talking about
hypocritical judging!!!. For example, how can I judge you for being a thief, but I steal just as much or more? How can I tell you to stop
having premarital sex when I still have premarital sex? I have to examine myself. Am I being a hypocrite?

4. Matthew 7:1-5
“Do not judge, so that you won’t be judged.
For with the judgment you use, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it
will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye but don’t notice the log in your own eye?
Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let
me take the speck out of your eye,’ and
look, there’s a log in your eye? Hypocrite!
First take the log out of your eye, and
then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye. “

5. Romans 2:1-2
You,therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at
whatever point you judge another, you
are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
6. Romans 2:21-22
therefore you who teach someone else,do you not teach yourself? You who preach againststealing, do you steal? You who say
that one should not commit adultery, do
you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
How are we to watch out for false teachers if we can’t judge?
7. Matthew 7:15-16
Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are savage wolves. You will know them by their fruit. Grapes aren’t gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles, are they?
How are we to distinguish good from evil without judging?
8. Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, for those
who have their powers of discernmenty trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil .
God’s people will judge
9. 1 Corinthians 6:2
Or don’t you know that the saints will judge the world ? And if the world is judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest cases?
10. 1 Corinthians2:15
The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments.
How can we warn without judging?
11. 2 Thessalonians 3:15
Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.[/size]
I have said, Ye are gods;
and all of you are children of the most High

- Psalm 82:6

Jesus answered them,
Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

- John 10:34

The Bible, in Psalm 82:6, tells
and Jesus, in John 10:34, again stated strongly, that: you're judges
Re: Did Bible Instruct Us To Judge Others? Yes by chimaobinelson(m): 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
I have said, Ye are gods;
and all of you are children of the most High

- Psalm 82:6

Jesus answered them,
Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

- John 10:34

The Bible, in Psalm 82:6, tells
and Jesus, in John 10:34, again stated strongly, that: you're judges
we christians should better open our eyes to the vices d devil is using to infilterate our minds and propagate evil, i feel so irritated when ppl hide under the aegis of "dont judge" to do absurd things.
please judge me and tell me wen i derail fr d right way ,i.e ,if u ever love meoo
Re: Did Bible Instruct Us To Judge Others? Yes by MuttleyLaff: 1:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
chimaobinelson:
we christians should better open our eyes to the vices d devil is using to infilterate our minds and propagate evil, i feel so irritated when ppl hide under the aegis of "dont judge" to do absurd things.
please judge me and tell me wen i derail fr d right way ,i.e ,if u ever love meoo
As far as YHWH is concerned, you are a judge, just as YHWH Himself is a Judge.
Re: Did Bible Instruct Us To Judge Others? Yes by SamJed(m): 1:12pm On Oct 30, 2016
Christians that say that they shouldnt be judged are those that know that they are in sin but dont want anybody to tell it to them. Yes the bible says in Matt. 7:1 Judge not and you shall not be judged....but the bible also said in John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. So whoever judges should judge rightly

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/11/16 / Is TB Joshua On Nairaland? See My Post That Challenged Him Before He Prophesied. / Trumpet Has Already Sound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.