Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. (789 Views)

Can You Marry Someone From A Different Religion Belief, Ethnic/tribe And Race. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by Elbizzcklinz(m): 11:45am On Oct 30, 2016
I have being on nairaland for long, reading, making post and commenting, i've come across this my topic in a forumn on internet, i never knew i would be in same shoe. Just consider a good word to comment...
Am from a well meaning educated christain family of four, from the eastern ethinicity, am the only son, graduate. It started during my final year in school i met a very good, Godfearing girl of 20yrs in her first year, we started dating JULY this year, she means everything to me. In bad time, sick moment, she has being supportive, she is a wife material, every man dreams wife but she belongs to me...The relationship grew strong though my past relationship couldn't be compared to her. She takes care of my house, does everything the rightful way not to please but she was brought to be hardworking, industrious and independent. She isn't demanding though she assist herself with hairmaking as she is good with that. I support her in everyway...morally, financially(few times). SHE IS AN AN ANGEL.
Re: Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by DesChyko: 11:47am On Oct 30, 2016
undecided
Re: Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 30, 2016
What's this one saying? undecided undecided

Op, what's the problem?
Re: Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by Elbizzcklinz(m): 11:56am On Oct 30, 2016
...she is hardworking, she was special molded for me, no pretence, she is natural, beautiful and charmin. she is godfearing and modest...her voice will make you forget your sorrows...her meal...wow u will run home everyday to eat.
The truth is that in all my outing with her everyone likes, loves her. My spirit says she is the one for me.
My mum got to know her when i wasn't strong, she met her in the hospital and was good to her. Everyone was happy.
The trouble now is that my mum never knew my intention of marrying her but upon her knowledge of her ethnic she declined. My girlfriend is from SAPELE in DELTA state, while am from ENUGU state.
My mum keep telling me that delta girls are not good that i should go for the eastern girls, i got the support of my sister that tribe in marriage doesnt matter but character, respect and love. AS FOR GIRLFRIEND SHE IS SUPERB IN CHARACTER, SHE HAS IT GOOD TO 100PERCENT.
MY QUESTION IS THAT THOUGH MY MUM HASN'T KNOWN HER WELL SHE KEEP SAYING NO MARRIAGE FROM OTHER STATE.
Re: Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by Elbizzcklinz(m): 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
How do i get to change my mum perspective on not marrying from my state. Though my girlfriend doesn't know this, she keeps saying, what will be will be, what is hers will be hers by the will of God.
WHAT DO I DO, I CAN'T DROP HER FOR ANYONE?
Re: Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by Elbizzcklinz(m): 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2016
QueenthDee:
What's this one saying? undecided undecided

Op, what's the problem?
PLS READ ABOVE, I WAS TYPING MORE TEXT.
Re: Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by vchykp(m): 12:28pm On Oct 30, 2016
.if you met her july this year, then i must open up to you that four months is not good enough to tell how good she is, probably because you dis-flowered her or see her as young and inncoent, you think she is good enough? am not saying she is bad, but please take more time to study her bfore you conclude.

as the only son, you are prone to face such thing, even me, i personally faced such, even though am not the only son, well.. my advice to you is that ethnicity does not have anything to do with ones character, its all falacy, its her own personal decision to be good or bad, the whole delta people cannot be bad at thesame time, dont let you parents lead you into wrong hands, persuade them and make them see reasons to love her, dont argue or quarel you mum oh, i said persuade, you have to take your time to be sure of the girl first, if she is good for you, go ahead and marry her because you are the one to live with her in marriage not your mum.

and if eventally all your trial seems abortive, keep pressing hard, they will eventually succumb, dont bring her in if ur pple dont support, so they wont make life a living hell for her.

1 Like

Re: Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by Elbizzcklinz(m): 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
THANKS. Yeah four month isn't good enough, though she has being in a previous unserious early relationship. I met her transformed. Should i still keep her introduced to my family member or keep the relationship secret from my mum?.

HOW I WISH THE MOD CAN TAKE THIS TO FRONTPAGE FOR OTHERS TO KNOW AND LEARN ALSO TO GET MORE VIEW.
Re: Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by ikp120(m): 1:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
I have a feeling that the girl has another guy, so shine your eyes... Forget about what your mum said about where she comes from, or are you also a mummy's boy? Forget say you be the only son, that's anuofia shiit (we don't say bull shiit again because we dey chop bull meat every week), am also an only son, also from that east, but my mum knows better not to interfere with my choices... C'mon, quit being a mummy's boy and pick up your life... Make your choices and damn the consequences... Your mum is gonna respect your choices the day you man up and stand for what you believe in... Make that gf closer to your people... If she is as good as you claim, even your mum will treasure her... But don't let your people use her... Once again, forget what your mum says about her, because it is your life to live... Make your choice and pay for your choice!

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
Elbizzcklinz:

PLS READ ABOVE, I WAS TYPING MORE TEXT.
okay ....
Re: Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by Elbizzcklinz(m): 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
Thanks bro, my choice will be my choice, but to my 100percent knowledge she has no other man...as for now, it's just i and her. I know her secret, past and everything...she's worth my trust but as a guy sailing on a boat, i have my life jacket on.
Re: Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
Bro give it time. If she's all you want in a wife build your relationship together, pray for acceptance
If she's met for you it will workout

Parents and ethnic issues when it comes to marriage is not the best at all. In as much as they want the best for us, generalization doesn't pay off at the end of the day...# I like mixup #

1 Like

Re: Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by Elbizzcklinz(m): 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
Thanks sister, it is said that prayer is the key, as partner we've being devoted in relentless prayer as both christains. And with the strong comment so helpful i wouldn't give UP with respect to my parents.
Re: Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
I'm sure your mom has reasons for holding those views but your happiness is what matters and you're the only one responsible for it. That said, it's too early for you to be considering marriage with someone you just met in July. You still have much to learn about each other. What's meant to be will be.
Re: Parents Judgement Over Different Ethnic Marriage. by Elbizzcklinz(m): 6:35am On Oct 31, 2016
Yeah you are right, it is too early, the thought of marriage is only known to me, it is a decision within my self, i've not discussed with or to anyone. I made the personal decision as a goal tends to be achieved with someone good at least on a relationship of two years for possible discovery as time goes. And my current "relationship" is heading torwards being qualified to be used to achieve this goal, as we are in the 4month. (A TEST OF TIME)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Mum And Dad,No Thank You For Raising Me This Way. / Grandma Cant See Or Walk / Is Your Family Founded On Love Or Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.