Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Inherent Evils In Religious Ideologies (1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inherent Evils In Religious Ideologies (1) (259 Views)

The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events / Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites / My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inherent Evils In Religious Ideologies (1) by akintom(m): 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
Concept of original sin is fundamentally flawed, skewed and fraudulent.

The concept of "eternal guilt" (original sin) is common to all religions of the world, although in a varied narration.

This concept is an unnecessary and destructive causative idea of psychological condition (eternal guilt consciousness), that must be prevented and cured, with doses of rational and critical thinking.

Using the textbook of one of the Abrahamic religions, the fundamentally flawed, skewed and fraudulent basis of original sin can be unravelled.

Though the book falsely claimed that God created man as a free moral being, but there's no evidence to back this up in the bible.

Free moral being, connote that man have innate sense of morality (the dichotomous of good and evil), as defined by the culture of the society the lives in.

*Genesis 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the middle of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

If man MUST not "eat" (acquire) the innate sense and ability to KNOW and DO good and evil, how is man a free moral being then? according to biblical claims.

The unjust and baseless imputation of guilt by God idea on man, can only occur in badly cast set of a fictional movie. Assuming the story is practicable, the exercise of free will by Adam and Eve, is just an evolvement of man to be more like God. Didn't God say:

*Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.

*Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

×Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Since God himself is both good and evil personified and does both good and evil, while will he have to find man GUILTY for the reason that man only evolved to be like him. God himself said:

*Matthew 5:48 Be you therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Man only perfected his free moral will, just as God himself. The action of God idea, that imputed guilt on man for this exercise of free will, can be likened to the judgment of Supreme Court judge on a young man who is INNOCENT of murder case.

Judgement: I hereby find you guilty of murder of "exercise of free will", you shall be shall be killed by electrocution, but this electrocution shall not be carried out until you turn 95 years old in the maximum prison, in case you die before then, your corpse shall be burnt to ashes. BUT, if you admit before me NOW, that you committed the murder, is shall set you free, as discharged and acquitted.

This you will say is ridiculous and irrational. That's exactly the meaning of the concept of original sin.

1 Like

Re: Inherent Evils In Religious Ideologies (1) by talk2alabama: 12:16pm On Oct 30, 2016
Elijah went to heaven straight up...

Original sin didn't prevent him..

But Jesus was baptized, and he said the reason was to fulfill the scriptures..

cool

(1) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues,finally Explained / Prepare The Way / Whats Your Sunday School Topic Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.