Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites (14444 Views)

The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events / Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites / My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Hurlstarling: 1:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
I remember so vivid then how ecstatic I was in God's presence. Full of life and joy, in fact led praises in youth gatherings. So it becomes quite unbelievable how vast things have changed over the course of three years, and how well I personally have changed.

The beginning of this I cannot pinpoint. However, the causes I can suggest. Over the years I have become an active thinker with logic dominating most of my reasonings. These registered quite a lot of dissonance in what I used to belief and what reality presents as same it has helped in understanding the universe and God purpose for humanity, and what he is doing to achieve this despite the human race being unappreciative. Also, my not so interested in many things and zero emotional level could have also contributed to the lack of Joy in God's presence, since Joy is positively heightened emotion. This then stands not the problem: "My inability to make use of my gift."

As a thinker I do so well in the line of writing, so the gift of writing which is intellectual I exhibit without restraint despite my personality, in fact it favours it. My other gift which propels this piece is the gift of worship: I am a songwriter and singer.

Unable, is the verb that relates to this gift. Of course I try my best going to church despite my so restrained spectrum of interest. That wouldn't be a problem, the problem is the joy is not so much there: the need to be part of what they do. I see choristers sing and every time I wish I can be part of that, sing with them to the God of my fathers. The gift is there, I have written hundreds of songs, taught couples in the past, still write, just I can't exhibit the will to sing or teach them any longer. I am approaching zero level of interest in spiritual activities. Conflicting is I still love God having understand his plan for humanity. So the author is not an, and can never be an atheist. This is evident in my coming novel "A Loveline" (I will like you read it).

So, if anyone knows how, and how and well, well and good, efficient practical not spiritually placed steps to exercise this music skills of mine in God's presence as I expressly do here with my writing skills, I will be glad to see it shared.

I don't want it wasted.

-Hurlstarling.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Topestbilly(m): 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
When a problem is defined solution is definitely around the corner.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Hurlstarling: 1:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
Topestbilly:
When a problem is defined solution is definitely around the corner.
Which begs suggestions.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by felixomor: 1:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hurlstarling:
I remember so vivid then how ecstatic I was in God's presence. Full of life and joy, in fact led praises in youth gatherings. So it becomes quite unbelievable how vast things have changed over the course of three years, and how well I personally have changed.

The beginning of this I cannot pinpoint. However, the causes I can suggest. Over the years I have become an active thinker with logic dominating most of my reasonings. These registered quite a lot of dissonance in what I used to belief and what reality presents as same it has helped in understanding the universe and God purpose for humanity, and what he is doing to achieve this despite the human race being unappreciative. Also, my not so interested in many things and zero emotional level could have also contributed to the lack of Joy in God's presence, since Joy is positively heightened emotion. This then stands not the problem: "My inability to make use of my gift."

As a thinker I do so well in the line of writing, so the gift of writing which is intellectual I exhibit without restraint despite my personality, in fact it favours it. My other gift which propels this piece is the gift of worship: I am a songwriter and singer.

Unable, is the verb that relates to this gift. Of course I try my best going to church despite my so restrained spectrum of interest. That wouldn't be a problem, the problem is the joy is not so much there: the need to be part of what they do. I see choristers sing and every time I wish I can be part of that, sing with them to the God of my fathers. The gift is there, I have written hundreds of songs, taught couples in the past, still write, just I can't exhibit the will to sing or teach them any longer. I am approaching zero level of interest in spiritual activities. Conflicting is I still love God having understand his plan for humanity. So the author is not an, and can never be an atheist. This is evident in my coming novel "A Loveline" (I will like you read it).

So, if anyone knows how, and how and well, well and good, efficient practical not spiritually placed steps to exercise this music skills of mine in God's presence as I expressly do here with my writing skills, I will be glad to see it shared.

I don't want it wasted.

-Hurlstarling.

CC: Lalasticlala OAM4J SEUN

All you Need to do is take the first step.
Overcome the inertia.

Join that group and take up a responsibility.
You would be surprised and even later come to ask yourself
"What Have I been doing"?

This is the solution.
Nothing more.

Stay blessed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Hurlstarling: 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
felixomor:

All you Need to do is take the first step. Overcome the inertia.
Join that group and take up a responsibility. You would be surprised and even later come to ask yourself "What Have I been doing"?
This is the solution. Nothing more.
Stay blessed
The interest is not there.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by felixomor: 3:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hurlstarling:
The interest is not there.

Ok.
Rest.
If its God will, the zeal will come.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by omenkaLives(m): 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
Congratulations bro!!

You just got the redemption being sought after by many people in vain.

I celebrate with you sir. smiley

#Religion has caused the world more harm than good-- Fact!

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by jejemanito: 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hurlstarling:

I don't want it wasted.

-Hurlstarling.

Funny thing is if you'd allowed yourself to be wrapped under the cloak of "religion," chances of your constructing such a nice write-up would've been very very very slim.

All I know is there is something about religion: it bars us from exploring the full potentials of our thinking abilities.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by codemaniacs: 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
k

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
grin grin grin grin

You are now a few steps away from finding the truth.

16 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by davizfellz: 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
You need Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by pocohantas(f): 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
Singing "you are not alone...I am here with you" grin

7 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Dyoungstar: 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by StOla: 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
Because religious activities have never erased the reality that man is the architect of his own fortune and misfortune.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by martin92(m): 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
so devil don catch you

1 Like

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Notime4drama: 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
Op welcome to our brotherhood

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Davash222(m): 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
omenkaLives:
Congratulations bro!!

unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

When you start seeing things like, be rest assured you are heading to your doom.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
God is real

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by YOUNGrapha(m): 4:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
MY BROTHER WE WELCOME YOU TO THE WORLD OF ATHEIST TRULY U ARE BEGINNING TO UNDERSTAND THE REALITY OF LIFE........WELCOME WELCOME cheesy

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by ikotunboy: 4:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
i dont understand, could you please start from the beginning again?

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
omenkaLives:
Congratulations bro!!

angry
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Menace2Society(m): 4:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
I'm happy i'm not a believer grin

7 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Omojudy: 4:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
Now I know this is harsh but a serious problem in your life will resurrect the zeal by fire. So your choice, move now or wait to be moved. Or even "someone" should help you pray for d problem to hasten it's coming. lipsrsealed
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by elvision1(m): 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
I don't know if anyone sees what i see in this forthcoming years, there is a spiritual awakening and "disawakening". Worry not, thou are not alone, but the path thou shall take shall determine thy fate.

If i were you i wouldn't conclude so easily about God's plans there are a thousand other people that think they know too. Its a chaotic world, only the dead survive. Lol, Logic that.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
Na this kain thread Seun dey like fasttrack to front page cos he's a wannabe freethinker who thinks hez an atheist.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Tickles001(m): 4:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

Seconded.
Never had interest, not talk of losing it grin grin
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by ichommy(m): 4:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
Welcome to the Family. wink

CC: Hahn, lennycool, UncleSnr

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by blackjack21(m): 4:24pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hurlstarling:

I don't want it wasted.

-Hurlstarling.

You're not sick. You're just awakening.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Nwaoma198(f): 4:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
You seriously need chineke bro
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by dragon2(m): 4:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
Love of knowledge has trumped love of morality.Reorder yourself, raise your will above your mind.What has happened is that your will(the appetitive function) has been enslaved by your mind(rational function).

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by SmartyPants(m): 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hurlstarling:

I don't want it wasted.

-Hurlstarling.

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Tickles001(m): 4:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
pocohantas:
Singing "you are not alone...I am here with you" grin
We're many

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Nigerian Pilgrims Abscond In Isreal / Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? / Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.