Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs (1982 Views)

Shatta Bandle Is Richer Than Dangote And Nigerians Know It – Shatta Wale (video) / Strong Naija Boiz Far Richer Than Hushpuppi / Top 10 Richest & Most Successful Igbo Business Men In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Newbeginnings(m): 12:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
Because business men like Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates and Warren Buffet and Donald Trump all know that their goal is to help people, by giving them something that will benefit them in a way they can't resist...

But celebs are busy trying to impress people, with their flashy cars, and flashy lifestyles

Remember there is a high possibility of commitment and acceptance when people know that they have something to gain, and it becomes higher when you give them that something in an attractive way

Moral of this Post:

Don't try to impress people with your lifestyle, trying to make them wish to be you.. Instead build people inside and out and they will be forever be indebted to you, including those they will build..

Remember to follow me for more (I will always follow back)

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by hisgrace090: 12:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
Giving you stuffs you needed in life is greater than entertaining you.
This is the difference, thanks.
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Newbeginnings(m): 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2016
hisgrace090:
Giving you stuffs you needed in life is greater than entertaining you.
This is the difference, thanks.

Interesting... and you are welcome...

Remember to follow me for more stuff (I will always follow back)
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 30, 2016

I think the Real, Ethical question should be... "Why should celebs be more richer than Business men? "
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Newbeginnings(m): 12:47pm On Oct 30, 2016
Estharfabian:

I think the Real, Ethical question should be... "Why should celebs be more richer than Business men? "
undecided

Okay interesting thought..... Now answer the question yourself so that we can all learn something new.....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Viking007(m): 12:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
Newbeginnings:

Okay interesting thought..... Now answer the question yourself so that we can all learn something new.....
cheesy
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Newbeginnings(m): 12:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
Viking007:
cheesy

She has a different perspective than mine.. so I can't answer the question myself... so lets sit and wait as she wants to share something amazing... right Estharfabian ?
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
Newbeginnings:

Oh, I asked you... You should answer it! undecided

Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
IMO! Celebs are business men with endorsements and sponsors who promote the services dey deliver.

Footballers, pastors, models, basketballers and such qualify to be included in the category.

How this relates to the topic, I may never know;
But the celeb is only as rich as his services are worthwhile or adored.
Newbeginnings:

Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Newbeginnings(m): 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
Estharfabian:

Oh, I asked you... You should answer it! undecided

Why should Celebs be more richer than Business men? hmmm.. let wear my glasses on this one....

I don't know!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Newbeginnings(m): 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
Silkmoth33:
IMO! Celebs are business men with endorsements and sponsors who promote the services dey deliver.

Footballers, pastors, models, basketballers and such qualify to be included in the category.

How this relates to the topic, I may never know;
But the celeb is only as rich as his services are worthwhile or adored.

I know but we always know that the entertainment industry is separate somehow from other industries... Like the Manufacturing, Refining, Mining, Industries.. so hope you understand?
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
Newbeginnings:

Why should Celebs be more richer than Business men? hmmm.. let wear my glasses on this one....

I don't know!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Heart breaking.... undecided

Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by youngestmilly: 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
Op what u wrote up there is true but celebs have more financial freedom than business men. A celeb can buy anything and worry less abt overspending cos he know he got some shows coming next week, or he's already booked for 6 months while the money rolling in. If a business man should overspend in certain areas he may kill his business.
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
Newbeginnings:

Because business men like Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates and Warren Buffet and Donald Trump all know that their goal is to help people, by giving them something that will benefit them in a way they can't resist...

But celebs are busy trying to impress people, with their flashy cars, and flashy lifestyles

Remember there is a high possibility of commitment and acceptance when people know that they have something to gain, and it becomes higher when you give them that something in an attractive way

Moral of this Post:

Don't try to impress people with your lifestyle, trying to make them wish to be you.. Instead build people inside and out and they will be forever be indebted to you, including those they will build..

Remember to follow me for more (I will always follow back)

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
everybody is a businessman, don't know what u mean by businessmen again

1 Like

Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by youngestmilly: 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
Celebs also have to spend. It's their lifestyle. They need to be talk of the town
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by youngestmilly: 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2016
Celebs also offer a product\service. Some celebs are richer than business cos some busines men are celeb. Some celeb are business men and some business men are celeb. These celebs are also businessmen Jay z, Dr Dre, kendrick, wizzy star bo davido 2 face, p square, k1 de ultimate lol
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
I don't understand anything oh!
Don't conjure up rubbish from ur backward to come and share here.
Ur own point of view is baseless and the theory ur topic rides on, is flawed.
angry
Newbeginnings:

I know but we always know that the entertainment industry is separate somehow from other industries... Like the Manufacturing, Refining, Mining, Industries.. so hope you understand?
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2016
youngestmilly:
Op what u wrote up there is true but celebs have more financial freedom than business men. A celeb can buy anything and worry less abt overspending cos he know he got some shows coming next week, or he's already booked for 6 months while the money rolling in. If a business man should overspend in certain areas he may kill his business.
u don't know what u re talking about
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by nov19(m): 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2016
Whether running a basic business or build your image up to be seen as a figure worth being celebrated... Business us business...

The difference in their income level is just leverage...
The Dangotes of this world have some 22;000 workers working hard to make him rich .every single day ...
On the other hand.. a celebrity figure as a business concept often have far less persons working for them.. Some of them include his manager... A few regional marketers.. A few producers.. and distributors...

Most importantly they lack excellent business skills and are often self consumed.. hence short sighted..

But it's a mistake to think that celebrities do not offer. value in the market place... The simple fact that some of them are paid a fortune for just attending a program... or endorsing a product... or make u laugh or dance and forget your sorrows for a while.. says it all...
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Diplomaticbeing(m): 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
@OP

It's obvious that you're not a good student of business. Artistes are self employees while the other guys you mentioned are entrepreneurs, so any good student of business ought to know that comparing them particularly on their financial successes isn't ideal at all.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by youngestmilly: 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2016
Ighoga898:

u don't know what u re talking about
thanks
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Newbeginnings(m): 4:07pm On Oct 30, 2016
Silkmoth33:
I don't understand anything oh!
Don't conjure up rubbish from ur backward to come and share here.
Ur own point of view is baseless and the theory ur topic rides on, is flawed.
angry

I accept your point of view... but due to the fact that you turned unreasonable and insultive, I will leave you to yourself........

When you are ready to discuss like men.... quote me
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Newbeginnings(m): 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2016
Zceesneh:
everybody is a businessman, don't know what u mean by businessmen again

Okay I will repost it ... but this time it will be longer.. so that you will understand
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Newbeginnings(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
Estharfabian:

Heart breaking.... undecided

let's say the question does not have a base in my persception
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Newbeginnings(m): 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
youngestmilly:

Let me ask Mark Zuckerberg about this.. the man who knows that if he buys a house for a billion dollars he has still has 50 billion dollars more to spend
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Newbeginnings(m): 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
nov19:
Whether running a basic business or build your image up to be seen as a figure worth being celebrated... Business us business...

The difference in their income level is just leverage...
The Dangotes of this world have some 22;000 workers working hard to make him rich .every single day ...
On the other hand.. a celebrity figure as a business concept often have far less persons working for them.. Some of them include his manager... A few regional marketers.. A few producers.. and distributors...

Most importantly they lack excellent business skills and are often self consumed.. hence short sighted..

But it's a mistake to think that celebrities do not offer. value in the market place... The simple fact that some of them are paid a fortune for just attending a program... or endorsing a product... or make u laugh or dance and forget your sorrows for a while.. says it all...

I don't understand what you said... but I am going to talk about what I made in bold ....

Selena Gomez has more than 100 million fans... these people buy her album to make her rich, they come to her shows and all that ... while dangote sells to about 10 - 20 million Nigerians since not every nigeria wants to build a house and the fact that Nigeria unemployment and poverty rate is high.... So my friend it does not matter how many workers you have what matters is how big your market is....

and they don't lack excellent business skills because they employ the best

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Newbeginnings(m): 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:
@OP

It's obvious that you're not a good student of business. Artistes are self employees while the other guys you mentioned are entrepreneurs, so any good student of business ought to know that comparing them particularly on their financial successes isn't ideal at all.

Careful....

The main moral of this post is comparing them psychologically... do you want me to explain that for you?
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by chigoizie7(m): 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
For an entertainer to have money, he or she needs marketing.

Who does the marketing? Be it buying and selling or selling of services or whatever for of commodity, be it in kind or otherwise, a businessman is needed to do it. If u are a promoter, u are a marketer, and once u are marketing, u are into businesses. That is to answer estherfabian.

In that case, there is no way an entertainer should be richer than a businessman, because, if u are not marketed or promoted or only other name u want to call it,u will not entertain , no matter how talented u are and no one knows about u, u won't chop. Businessmen creates the platform for u to chop.
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by chigoizie7(m): 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2016
Newbeginnings:

I don't understand what you said... but I am going to talk about what I made in bold ....

Selena Gomez has more than 100 million fans... these people buy her album to make her rich, they come to her shows and all that ... while dangote sells to about 10 - 20 million Nigerians since not every nigeria wants to build a house and the fact that Nigeria unemployment and poverty rate is high.... So my friend it does not matter how many workers you have what matters is how big your market is....

and they don't lack excellent business skills because they employ the best

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

Just listen to ur self.

Selena has 100 million fans that can only buy at least 2 cds of her album let's say every 6months,That is sold for how much?

Let's assume dangote sells only cement and sells to about 20 million people. Now, how many bags do u think it will take to build a house and how much are the cost of one bag? Let's assume as u said that not everyone wants to build a house, now lets multiply ur 20 million that are willing to buy by 100 bags for an individual, do u know what it is? And then again, a bag at what price?
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by Newbeginnings(m): 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2016
chigoizie7:

Just listen to ur self.

Selena has 100 million fans that can only buy at least 2 cds of her album let's say every 6months,That is sold for how much?

Let's assume dangote sells only cement and sells to about 20 million people. Now, how many bags do u think it will take to build a house and how much are the cost of one bag? Let's assume as u said that not everyone wants to build a house, now lets multiply ur 20 million that are willing to buy by 100 bags for an individual, do u know what it is? And then again, a bag at what price?

What I made bold... Where did you get the statistics from... or are they assumptions....? If they are... Please correct yourself and type again
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by chigoizie7(m): 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
Newbeginnings:

What I made bold... Where did you get the statistics from... or are they assumptions....? If they are... Please correct yourself and type again

I quoted someone oga, someone that said, Selena had such number of fans who make her rich by buying her songs with regards to dangote having so so amount of buyers.

Whatever I wrote there was based on the assumptions of the person I quoted, even @ that figure that Selena will still not be richer judging from his basis or arguments
Re: Why Are Business Men Richer Than Celebs by firstking01(m): 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2016
Nice write up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daisy Danjuma Holds Spectacular Birthday Bash / 7 Things Iphone X Can Do That Iphone 8 Can’t / President Buhari's Speech At UN General Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.