Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,434 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

How I Went To Nigeria To Meet The Man Who Scammed Me – 69-yr-old Sweden Woman - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Went To Nigeria To Meet The Man Who Scammed Me – 69-yr-old Sweden Woman (637 Views)

Lockdown: I Went Around Lagos (pics, Video) / 32-yr-old Man Who Pretends To Be 81 Nabbed While Trying To Get Into US (photos) / ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Went To Nigeria To Meet The Man Who Scammed Me – 69-yr-old Sweden Woman by financialpowa: 5:33pm On Oct 30, 2016
When Maria Grette first discovered that the “58-year-old Danish man” with whom she had fallen in love was actually a 24-year-old Nigerian “419” internet scammer, the 62-year-old Swede was distraught. But, soon, her feelings changed.

“The most terrible thing was not that he had cheated me, but that he had lost his innocence,” she said.

She became consumed with what she describes as “a profound need to make a difference to the people of Nigeria”.

Ms Grette’s relationship with Johnny (not his real name) began after an evening of fun and games with her girlfriends, during which they playfully created a profile for her on an online dating website. A few years before, she had gone through a traumatic divorce, and her friends teased her about finally starting a new relationship.

More @ http://www.ourdailyreporters.com/how-i-went-to-nigeria-to-meet-the-man-who-scammed-me-69-yr-old-sweden-woman/

(1) (Reply)

Hotel Lagos / As A First Timer In A Foreign Country,what Plans Should I Make? / Luxurious Bus Plunges Into River In Ikorodu Killing 3 (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.