Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,850 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Is This A Crime Under The Law? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is This A Crime Under The Law? (2562 Views)

Mobile App That Fights Crime Now In Nigeria / Web Assets And Huawei Launches Nigeria’s First National Crime Reporti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Is This A Crime Under The Law? by greatghana: 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
the source code is mine and they are all in C# i never copied any code,
mnairaland:

You said you changed some algoriths,that means you had access to the source code.
If indeed you are using their source code then that is an actual copyright infringement and a crime is involved here.

In that case hmn ......Just try to locate the copy right terms and abide by it.If you cant find it just note the date of your search continue.Change the algorithm as much as possible and continue your work while checkg back from time to time for the existence of a licence.You shld be safe buy maybe you also need to pay an attention to the poster who gave copyrigt related advice.
Nonetheless, you shld be safe.
Re: Is This A Crime Under The Law? by greatghana: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2016
just curious to know and understand how it works. thank you all,

am still open to suggestions and advise especially from anybody that has similar case
Re: Is This A Crime Under The Law? by 2mNaira: 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
greatghana:
the source code is mine and they are all in C# i never copied any code,

You really don't have any problem then.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Wants A Church Content Management System? / ZTE MF286 Firmware / How Long Does It Take To Develop An Operating System From Scratchevr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.