Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years (10075 Views)

IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 / Banks Reduce Lending To Economy By N292bn In Q2 – Nbs / Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by MrEverest(m): 9:37am On Nov 03, 2016
Dollyak:
Lagos took the lion share of those remittance.
I dont think so. The first ten States with the highest recipients will be in this order (1)Anambra (2)Imo (3)Delta (4)Edo (5)Ogun (6)Abia (7)Oyo (cool Enugu (9)Ondo (10)Lagos. Remitances is directly proportional to states with high literacy levels, adventurous ethnic groups, ambitious ethnic groups, population, enlightenment, opportunities, self confidence etc

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by MrEverest(m): 9:46am On Nov 03, 2016
Niyinficient:
OK

They should give us the 36 states statistics for recipient....if Edo no win make i no why grin
Having the highest proportion of prostitutes in Italy will not give Edo the number one spot. States like Anambra, Imo, Abia etc have thousands of people all over the globe from America to Australia, Asia to Europe & rest of Africa. Edo will still be in the first ten but cant be the highest.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by MrEverest(m): 9:47am On Nov 03, 2016
Niyinficient:
OK

They should give us the 36 states statistics for recipient....if Edo no win make i no why grin
Having the highest proportion of prostitutes in Italy will not give Edo the number one spot. States like Anambra, Imo, Abia etc have thousands of people all over the globe from America to Australia, Asia to Europe & rest of Africa. Edo will still be in the first five but cant be the highest.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by erico2k2(m): 9:54am On Nov 03, 2016
olaolulazio:

u are healed in Jesus name.
Get Educated stop eating Eba no meat
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by OBAGADAFFI: 10:01am On Nov 03, 2016
The remittances were made in bits for the five years of 2005, 2007, 2008, 2012 and 2013.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 03, 2016
kayemdy:

Lol....we will surely survive.
amen o
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by cyrilamx(m): 10:12am On Nov 03, 2016
MrEverest:
Having the highest proportion of prostitutes in Italy will not give Edo the number one spot. States like Anambra, Imo, Abia etc have thousands of people all over the globe from America to Australia, Asia to Europe & rest of Africa. Edo will still be in the first five but cant be the highest.
don't u think having the highest proportion of drug peddlers being executed on monthly basis might have reduced the number of igbos even on state ground to insignificant margin to warrant any of the flat-headed states to get to number one spot?
Almost on daily bases we hear of Biafruds being rounded up in Asian countries while their relatives here plead with the FG to intervene
At least prostitution isn't worse a crime. Our Lord Jesus Christ had 3 prostitutes(Tamar, judah's daughter-in-law, Rahab that hid the spies, Bathsheba who consorted with David while her hubby was in war front) in his ancestry but no drug peddlers. He associated with prostitutes and even said they making heaven before the so called church leaders in the garb of pharisees, but no positive association with drug Lords which your people in the East represent.
When next you want to whitewash other tribe first think of the numerous atrocities committed by yours.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by tiwiex(m): 11:06am On Nov 03, 2016
Clone2020:
While this is an impressive amount and a good indication that Nigerians remember their roots no matter where they are, it's sad that western union and other remittance companies exchange funds at a far lower rate than black market rate. The government needs to rain down on all these companies exploiting the current fx situation.

Send money from the US to Nigeria at the rate of N400/$.

Deposit into my US Bank account and get credited into your Nigerian account in 1 minute.

Contact in signature.

This is the main reason y remmitances dropped in the last year and it also put pressure on d dollar market. Dont forget remmitances are sent in fx. I don't see y d sweat of family and friends be eroded by the government. Note that it is CBN dat benefits from dis false rate the they send it back o d market and u have to buy ur own money expensive. Shady.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by tiwiex(m): 11:07am On Nov 03, 2016
HabaSeun:

Go school you no gree! What is dangote's net worth?

No mind am. And na to de RE-emit d guy dey do.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by erico2k2(m): 11:10am On Nov 03, 2016
tiwiex:

No mind am. And na to de RE-emit d guy dey do.
Plenty people school pass dem . Imagine someone blaming GEJ for squandering the remitted Monoes.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by Mcowubaba: 11:13am On Nov 03, 2016
Niyinficient:

You dont get it, the proportion of Edo pple sending home things is way higher than others.......Going by ur logic, that one Edo man might have sent home what the 6 Yoruba men havent sent home all put together.....they send home virtually everything....even wine grin pampers....spoon....if dem get chance dem fit send home their 'piss' cheesy grin cheesy

Now I get u grin grin wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by Clone2020(m): 11:15am On Nov 03, 2016
tiwiex:

This is the main reason y remmitances dropped in the last year and it also put pressure on d dollar market. Dont forget remmitances are sent in fx. I don't see y d sweat of family and friends be eroded by the government. Note that it is CBN dat benefits from dis false rate the they send it back o d market and u have to buy ur own money expensive. Shady.

Good point, really shady affairs.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by Okeikpu(m): 11:46am On Nov 03, 2016
Too bad am one those promoting ds abominable entity called Nigeria
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by Niyinficient(m): 11:52am On Nov 03, 2016
MrEverest:
Having the highest proportion of prostitutes in Italy will not give Edo the number one spot. States like Anambra, Imo, Abia etc have thousands of people all over the globe from America to Australia, Asia to Europe & rest of Africa. Edo will still be in the first ten but cant be the highest.

Bros respect Edo pple abeg, men too dey do prostitute? u have no idea about this people, there is hardly a family in Benin city without someone abroad who sends things home, incase you dont now ask around. Considering the numerical advantage of the Yorubas and Igbos, they surely have more people abroad.....but in sending things back home....give it to the Edo people.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by Maski87: 11:57am On Nov 03, 2016
And the some people who have degrees but no job for the last 5 years will come to naira land and accuse them of doing boy Boi on oyibo land
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by Niyinficient(m): 11:58am On Nov 03, 2016
MrEverest:
I dont think so. The first ten States with the highest recipients will be in this order (1)Anambra (2)Imo (3)Delta (4)Edo (5)Ogun (6)Abia (7)Oyo (cool Enugu (9)Ondo (10)Lagos. Remitances is directly proportional to states with high literacy levels, adventurous ethnic groups, ambitious ethnic groups, population, enlightenment, opportunities, self confidence etc

Ur list might be inaccurate......check continent by continent....and give me statistics of the tribes that dominate such region. Putting Imo, Delta and Edo ahead of Ogun is totally wrong Sir. The Yorubas has the largest population in Europe with their HQ in London, Igbos dominate Asia, America is evenly shared among all. Edos and the rest states u mentioned are only found in fractions in these continents.

No tribal sentiment tho. Lets share knowledge like good Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by MrEverest(m): 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2016
Niyinficient:

Ur list might be inaccurate......check continent by continent....and give me statistics of the tribes that dominate such region. Putting Imo, Delta and Edo ahead of Ogun is totally wrong Sir. The Yorubas has the largest population in Europe with their HQ in London, Igbos dominate Asia, America is evenly shared among all. Edos and the rest states u mentioned are only found in fractions in these continents.

No tribal sentiment tho. Lets share knowledge like good Nigerians.
Well, I made inferential estimate which might not be the exact fact on ground but whatever margin of difference is likely to be neglible. I quite agree with you that Yorubas has an edge, numerical wise over Igbos in London while Igbos are more in Asia than Yorubas while Europe & America maybe even with the odds favouring Igbos , now when you add rest of Africa into the mix, you see why the aggregate supports my estimate.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by Niyinficient(m): 1:35pm On Nov 03, 2016
MrEverest:
Well, I made inferential estimate which might not be the exact fact on ground but whatever margin of difference is likely to be neglible. I quite agree with you that Yorubas has an edge, numerical wise over Igbos in London while Igbos are more in Asia than Yorubas while Europe & America maybe even with the odds favouring Igbos , now when you add rest of Africa into the mix, you see why the aggregate supports my estimate.

Well said.....but these tribes dont send home what an average Edo man sends home, an average Edo man wants to show off, and average Edo man has ego, an average Edo man wants to help his pple back home, reason why dey send more than any other tribes.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by Codes151(m): 1:40pm On Nov 03, 2016
woodcook:
Thanks to Nigerians in diaspora, if not for them Nigeria would have been worst than Venezuela during this recession period.

In 2015 the official remitted figure was around 20 billions dollar and someone was arguing last time that if not for PMB economic policy Nigeria would have experienced same situation as Venezuela, I told them you have the diaspora to thanks.

May the good Lord continue to bless them!
with all these why is your pmb Still looking for loan?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by erico2k2(m): 2:13pm On Nov 03, 2016
Codes151:
with all these why is your pmb Still looking for loan?
Don't you understand what remittance means?
How's does the Money I remit to my Bank and to my folks help PMB?
In other news Diasporans are buying up properties in Nigeria from Hard up Nigerians cos of the favourite forex situation . This is the remittance we on about .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by namuguibe(m): 3:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
erico2k2:

Wrong it should be more than that then
In the UK average yearly should be £9k
If the U.K. is 9K average yearly, it may be 4K average yearly for the Nigerians in South Africa. Thus it averages out globally and you get 7.7K

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Konga Service Disrupts Due To Fuel Scarcity - See Message / I Have Workable Business Ideas To Share / Apply For The Union Bank Centenary Innovation Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.